Reviews for Harry and Luna Against the High Inquisitor
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 15 . 5/7/2013
Really excellent interesting and original story
Ibskib chapter 14 . 5/4/2013
I wonder whether it's foreshadowing that Hermione and Neville will get together, or just Lavender. I hope not, too many authors have an incessant need to pair up all the main characters., but so far it seems like Hermione feelings are platonic
Ibskib chapter 12 . 5/4/2013
Dumbledore might not want to tell Harry what to do, but he definitely seems like he wants to strongly influence Harry into staying.
All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...
If this was more of an Indy story I would have expected Harry to throw that line back at Dumbledore.
Snargleblax chapter 6 . 5/4/2013
Loved the bit about the rot-gut firewhiskey from Tennessee. I can't say I've ever come across any whiskey from that state that doesn't fall under that category myself.
FreelanceBum chapter 15 . 4/26/2013
Love you story, hope you update soon.
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
I bet a scourgify on the eye would hurt.
Remvis chapter 15 . 4/21/2013
excellent story :). so far anyways i really like it. you should keep updating soon XD , but no pressure. ill follow this story
charles123 chapter 15 . 4/10/2013
I just found out about your stories about Harry and Luna and they're really good. I just hope that you wouldn't abandon them forever.
Ecomadness chapter 15 . 4/10/2013
Really love this story hope u continue it can't wait for more.
This guy doesnt have a clue chapter 15 . 4/3/2013
great story
ColteeYT chapter 15 . 3/23/2013
This.. wow. So, I've just got finished reading this story, and it's awesome to the umpteenth degree, to say the least.
The first chapter struck me as being an above average start of a credible depiction of a not very popular pairing. So I read the second chapter... and the third chapter... and all the other ones, and only now do I look and realize I've spent three hours in front of my laptop on a FanFiction website. It takes a special fiction to make me do that; I'm a very strict person when it comes to how and when I use my computer.
So generally, most reviews I write have my pining over what I believe to be the pros and cons of the particular story, so if I had the intention to hold any kind of standard for myself, that's what I would do with this story. However, I'm afraid I will have to exclude the "cons" part of the review for this particular story, because, well, there aren't any, really.
I also happen to be writing this the night before a rather long trip I have coming up, so I'll have to be rather hasty about things, which is such a shame. It would take an entire FanFiction in itself to describe exactly how good this FanFiction is.
For starters, the writing is perfect. There's literally nothing I can spot wrong with it. It's obviously a little bit less in-depth than it would be in the main books due to the lack of space - a regular chapter in the book is about 30 to 50 pages long, which would suck up a lot of space on the website. Not that it matters, because these rather long chapters to begin with are a wonder to read. The descriptive elements are extremely detailed without drawing on forever, which is difficult to pull off, but you do so flawlessly.
Dialogue and character interaction is some of the best I've read to date. Not only are the dialogues credible, they are written in such a way that picturing the image in your mind is made easy, and that's a very important thing to me. I don't know about you but whenever I read a story it has to be something I can see in my brain, almost like a movie. Luck has it, this story pulls off the "immersion" factor to such an extent that I must question if you're a writer in real life, and if you aren't, I would encourage you take action in merit. It would definitely pay off.
Another thing I like is the pacing - If I'm not mistaken, the first chapter began at January 31st and the last ended at March 29th. Considering the length of the chapters, most other authors would have reached such a point much earlier in the fic, but you did an incredible job of making the events more detailed and lengthy, thus aiding to the emotional connection (or lack of it) the reader inevitably feels with the various characters. You do a good job of making readers like some characters, as well as hate others. Yeah... I swear, if Umbridge was in this room right now, I would have literally choked her. I would have forced things down her throat - a feeling that didn't spark too often in the main books.
I've always seen Luna Lovegood as a rather peculiar but not particularly noteworthy character. It is now my favourite character and pairing out of all the possible permutations in the canon books. I don't think even that gives this story justice. And it's a shame. This story should literally be in the first page of the most reviewed and popular of all Harry Potter fics, but it isn't, which sucks. It's kind of a niche community, in a way.
This story makes me glad to be part of it.
Rating: 4/4 (the very first).
Fallen Dragonfly chapter 15 . 3/16/2013
Well, amusingly enough, Harry may just have ratted out Snape to Voldemort. If, per se, that one attack was from Voldemort, and Harry thought 'Snape' as he did then thrust Snape out, Voldemort likely reaction would be confusion, then a 'what the hell' moment. 'Didn't order that.' And so on.

Depends how much the Snake trusts Lord Grease.

Heh, I kid. I do actually like Snape. Well done with the book thing, that was very well done, and a great idea from all perspectives.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 11 . 3/3/2013
It's sad that we haven't seen *Umbridge* offering a paid extradition to Harry in other stories before now. Too many FF-slingers stay too shallow with their villains.

Still hoping you kill her soon, though.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
I just realized that a dirigible plum must dry up to become a gassy prune. ("Oh the humanity!")

Nice, charming scene with Harry and Luna declaring their love.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 7 . 3/2/2013
Huh, a Fudge who isn't a caricature... Refreshing.
He and the bitch must still die, though.
513 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »