Reviews for Harry and Luna Against the High Inquisitor
Alexander Ripley chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
Nice one :)
Kiss-Kiss-Kiss-Goodbye chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
Lovedit! Thanks for updating so quickly! Made my night :)
AngusH chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
Beautiful, I particularly loved the ending of this chapter. It was wonderful :-)

Especially: "I hoped you did, I hoped you did so much".
hpnut1 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
I loved it!
Savy13 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
Aww, so cute. I can't wait for more! And Harry's disscussion with Snape? That will be interesting... Very intrigued to see how that will go.
JJ Rust chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
Good chapter. One hell of a nightmare Harry had. I think you did a good job bringing out his fears and frustrations in the whole thing. I also liked Ron's talk with Harry about Lavender. Through his words, we get to see another side of this girl and realize there's something deeper about her. Lavender became a real person in this because of Ron's description of her.

I really enjoyed Luna's practice commentary, especially when she starts talking about the more personal aspects of the players lives. Funny stuff.

One typo I caught: "after check to make sure" should be "after checking to make sure"

Looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Kiss-Kiss-Kiss-Goodbye chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
Woo! And update and a promise for yet another chapter in a few days? You have just made my day. Things have been kinda rough lately and fanfiction is one of those things that always makes me feel better, my preferred escape if you will. Great chapter as always, I completely enjoyed every word :) especially the commentary. Harry's dream is really interesting as well can't wait to know more!
codyw1 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
Nice chapter.
Nauro chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
I think it has been a while, but a good chapter that was.

Apparently it has a second part, so I'll be waiting for that.

A hat was Luna-ish, and the comentary...

Actually my feelings are kind of mixed about it - there was too much of it - it was fun in the books, because you were shown some glimpses and had to guess and guessing the whole mach comments was fun.

Here, it dragged slightly too long and stopped being as interesting around the middle of the mach.

All in all, still a good chapter.
Lord Mortensen chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
I like it!, update soon!
MayorHaggar chapter 8 . 5/12/2012
A new chapter! Sweet!

Amidst what was a pretty heavy dream, you slipped in the hilarious image of Voldemort wearing Fudge's bowler. Loved it!

I'm really liking your portrayal of Lavender. It's nice to see her treated as a normal, likable girl for a change. I have a feeling you're planning on eventually having Ron move on to Hermione, but I honestly wouldn't mind at all if you just kept him with Lav. Their relationship working is a lot more believable than in canon given your portrayal of her. And aside from that, I think it would be cool for a story about a well-developed unconventional pairing to also have a well-developed unconventional sub-pairing.
EmD23 chapter 8 . 5/12/2012
Zachary Stonetower should go to all games with facepaint and an eagle on his shoulder.

Woo! Glad to see Ron and Lavender make it official and Luna's commentating as much on school gossip as she is on the match hahaha
Ember Nickel chapter 8 . 5/12/2012
Good chapter. Highlights for me were the Mexican flag part and the infinity sign.
almanera chapter 7 . 5/11/2012
Óla querido,

Another interesting chapter. I really liked Filius in this one.

It's funny that while Minerva and Filius always seemed somehow protective of their students in the canon, they never did anything. Perhaps they really were unaware of many things that were happening. At any rate, I'm really fond of your characterization of them. They did well, especially Filus.

After all, keeping silence goes well with Harry's character. I'm by no means a psychologist, but it seems to fit. He was raised to be very independent but submissive in a sense that he always had to cope by himself; the Dursleys wouldn't listen to any of his problems and I imagine that even if he did try to tell them, he soon found out that it's better to keep quiet, for he was never believed. His submissiveness, on the other hand, was more like survival because he couldn't go against the Dursleys and their rules, yet he somehow learned what is right and wrong, and in this case he saw that what Umbridge was doing was clearly wrong. Hence, the rebellion. Besides, he cares for Luna a great deal and something needed to be done. Going to Minerva seemed most appropriate and in this case also justified, even if usually he'd be quiet about the torture like in the canon. You seem to notice and exploit a lot of things about his character, by the way. Like the things that he's a decent cook thanks to the Dursleys and he is somewhat in need to impress those whom he cares about, for he never really got any appreciation at the Dursleys...things like that.

I liked the chat with the Ravenclaw girls as well in that sense and it was nice of Ron to back him up, although I would have expected more confusion on Ron's part as to "why" was that necessary. It's just that while Ron is a decent chap he never ever experienced something like bullying...only teasing from the twins, but it was a friendly kind, so it doesn't really apply. And, well, since I know from my own experiences that even if bullying is seemingly as apparent as in Luna's case someone like Ron who goes to the same school but isn't friends with either the victim or the bullies never notices anything and therefore doesn't understand simply assuming that "it isn't that bad" instead...Dean's and Neville's reactions were more believable in that sense, for they never seemed as sheltered as Ron and therefore might have understood bullying more; Dean knowing the violence in the muggle world and Neville being bullied himself. As to Seamus, I'm really not sure. There isn't much about his character other than "he's friends with Dean and rather naive believing the press".

Yet, all in all, you really get those kids and it's pleasant to read as always.

Dumbledore seemed in character as well. I just could sense his usual "passiveness" and was surprised that he didn't actually call Filius "my boy" and didn't tell him off for "arguing with girls in pink". Don't get me wrong; I don't hate Dumbledore. I just think that he's a horribly passive character who has wise ideas, but who remains utterly inactive regardless what is happening and hopes for the best instead. He reminds me of kind of oriental sensei who gives his gakusei only riddles instead of clear answers and that on a good day if he's not busy deciding what color socks to wear...

And lastly, you're a genius when it comes to Fudge...you didn't make in completely incompetent, but somehow clever even if it seems that he has stepped on his own sword as far as bribery goes; I mean Lucius has him bribed already.

And Umbridge's bit - oh, I shudder to think what 'crisis" she will come up with. Nice touch - ending the chapter with a sense of dread.

Please update soon, don't make us wait now :)

Best!
almanera chapter 6 . 5/10/2012
Nice chapter.

Vernon Dursley's bit made me laugh; it's very likely that he gave Harry that kind of "talk" if at all :)

Luna's birthday was simply wonderfully written. I like it how in your story Harry's natural observation skills obtain a whole new level of sweetness. It's true, Luna's been tripped many times and giving her those tripping-jinx proof earrings was simply ingenious.

Sirius was awesome. I liked it how he talked to Luna; it was very nice how he handled Stubby Broadman's business. I really like how you're developing his character. I mean he's definitely the kind of guy who's very likely to joke around, but he's very perceptive given his complicated background and family history. He's good for Harry, for he's been through a lot of similar situations that Harry's been. I can only wonder if Harry will still be lured into the ministry now that they have the mirror and if yes, then how they are going to get out of it.

And lastly, Umbridge's detentions were simply horrendous. You managed to make her even more twisted than in the canon. I hope you didn't have any traumatic experiences concerning unattractive old women wearing pink...well, hopefully not.

All in all, you're awesome. Definitely one of my favorites.

Best!