Reviews for Harry and Luna Against the High Inquisitor
Life is a paradox chapter 10 . 6/4/2012
This. Is. Brilliant! A captivating story line and a brilliant romance. Thank you for this (and as thanks - watch?vXYKUeZQbMF0)

Now if/when the DA falls are we going to see the rise of the Hogwarts Resistance? Dedicated to fighting the Tyranny of Umbridge with everything they can do to disrupt Umbridges reign of Terror?

As I'm sure Dobby would be willing to lace her and her supporters food with laxatives, or rainbow cycling hair and skin, or make all of their clothes into Tie Dye colourings that can't be charmed a different colour? Oh and if Fred and George are members then they might change Snapes robes as well, which would lead to some hilarity.

There are so many things you can do to her, from charming her to attract birds when she goes out to deposit their guano on her, to making it so she has to dance to move, to a chipmunk voice change spell, to a tourettes spell, to a silencing charm, to modifying chess pieces into paint ball firing soldiers who attack her and everyone who follows her.

And thats what comes to mind after just a little brainstorming. If you asked I'm certain that you'd get more ideas from reviewers as this story is MAGNIFICENT. As one of your fans may I say that this story rocks.
almostinsane chapter 10 . 6/3/2012
Great chapter! Hmm... What is Umbridge planning? Can't wait to read more. Absolutely loved Xenophilius' article and the part with Draco. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Mr. Skellington chapter 10 . 6/3/2012
As much as I hate reading Umbridge heavy stories, I like Harry/Luna far too much to let that put me off this. It and its prequel are very nice, especially the last few chapters. Harry dropping the L-bomb, Luna tentatively relaxing her turn-the-other-cheek policy so Harry could threaten those girls off her, and Lavender Brown being give some very nice depth as a character (something I've never, ever seen before, to this extent.)

Anyway, looking forward to the next update.
JJ Rust chapter 10 . 6/3/2012
Very good chapter. I loved the confrontation with Malfoy. What a vile piece of slime, calling Luna a slag. I think there should have been more description of Harry's rage at the insult. Luna might have had a hard time holding him back. Still, great job of Malfoy being Malfoy. And Luna had a great line about how Malfoy doesn't know about love, adding, "Poor Pansy."

The whole thing with Ron and "those magazines" was HYSTERICAL! Lavender doesn't need them now that she has the real thing. Good one, Ron.

Good job on the meeting with Umbridge and Fudge. Good points made by Fudge, at least good to his paranoid, CYA mind.

Umbridge. This woman is becoming more unhinged each chapter. Honestly, she's scaring me more than she ever did in Book 5.

Some typos I caught: "andits people" should be "and its people"

"from waking up make prove impossible" should be "from which waking up may prove impossible"

"theImperius" should be "the Imperius"

"There were times Cornelius Fudge it would" should be "There were times Cornelius Fudge thought it would"

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Wonderbee31 chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
An excellent section, and got to say that this Fudge seems a bit more on top of things while Umbridge is just being an idiot in her way, as she's let it get personal now, though it was great to see the Quibbler able to get some good shots in as well.
hpnut1 chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
Keep it up
Kileean chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
Great chapter as always. I just wanted to let you know one of your dates is messed up. At the beginning of the chapter you wrote March 2, then the next day you wrote May 3. Thanks for writing.
the.stories.live.on chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
Oooooooooh,i liked this chapter so much. I love your portrayal of the Lovegoods. Keep up the good work!
Chandagnac chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
Fantastic, as always. I've been waiting for this (the publication of Harry's interview) it seems like for ages and this did not disappoint. Good to see Harry's friends acting so supportive. And- wow- Cornelius Fudge seems somewhat realistic and not a complete idiot!

I thought it was hilarious how Hermione got angry about Seamus and Dean's "other mags". And also Ron's reaction to that ("I'm just going to warn, er, talk to Dean and Seamus.") ;D

Harry's confrontations with Malfoy are getting ever more hostile. I didn't think that was possible. Huh.

Sorry I didn't review either of the previous chapters. I've been kinda busy.
almanera chapter 9 . 5/31/2012
Hey Arpad,

Wonderful chapter as always. I think I don't have much add, since many things have been said.

What I liked the most was the way Luna was commenting Quidditch match. It's so natural for her to comment more on the characteristic traits of the players than the actual game. And it was nice of Harry to point that out so subtly. In that sense what I like the most are the interactions of the two.

As far as the criticism goes, then I'm afraid I have to agree with those reviewers who pointed out that unfortunately, you have been focusing too much on Luna's school life and her classmates ignoring the main plot. It's the bad thing about borrowing such famous story as that of HP for fan fiction. There's still Voldemort out there, there are still people with their own feelings as they were in canon. For instance, Cho had been left in a state where she had just lost Cedric and was subconsciously looking for a substitute of her champion without realizing that dating Harry wouldn't bring Cedric back...so it's suspicious that in your fic she's on the background. And as far as Voldemort is concerned then I think you should appeal to your journalist side and research something about psychopaths and/or sociopaths, for Tom Riddle is somewhere there in between. And based on that psychology you could pay attention to his plans and motives. Not that fluff isn't good. I adore your writing, but I think that bringing in other elements, such as Cho's complicated psychology and Tom Riddle's...eh...how should we call it? Tom Riddle's pathologies, would be a good thing.

Best!
Nightmare Asylum chapter 9 . 5/23/2012
God, you have no idea how much I love this. Mostly because of your fantastic writing, but the fact that you keep from bashing anyone (Ginny, Ron) makes this even better. At the beginning of the previous chapter, I actually though Umbridge was taking her revenge in the great hall to spite the teachers for their intervention. That had me worried. but I quickly caught on. wonderful chapters, and lovely characterization and exposits on Luna and the magical world I can't wait for an update! Oh! or to see how it goes down in the department of ministries!
Sister chapter 9 . 5/21/2012
I know I tell you all the time, but I really like how you've written Lavender. She's just enough, girly, flaky and understanding to make me wish she had of been my friend in high school. The budding friendship of hers and Luna's is really sweet to see. Your Snape is dead on, mores the pity since I love him so. Write quicker this time.
Sister chapter 8 . 5/21/2012
Harry clearly hears with 'Love's ears' because Don Cherry, Luna is not. However it was still fun to hear all her side commentary. It reminds me of what you say to me...one trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I went to Shelbyville. I really like the little one time characters that you've been creating like Zachary.
JJ Rust chapter 9 . 5/20/2012
Great chapter! Man, you made Snape an even bigger butthole than ever. Jeez, it's like if he can't be happy, no one can be happy. Blew me away some of the shots he was taking at Harry and Luna's relationship.

Awesome scene with Luna and Lavender. You really gave Lavender some great depth here. You showed that there's more to her than giggling and "girly" stuff. She is actually a kind and considerate person, the way she apologizes to Luna. And I loved her putdown of Smith. That guy is such a tool.

Liked the conversation Harry had with Hermione, and how she set him straight on his worries for Luna. Great progression with Harry's thoughts how he comes to the conclusion that he loves Luna.

You got yourself a winner. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
"They don't know about our secret weapon!"

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"Well Hermione, you know how all the teachers have been talking this year about how magic is all about 'intent'?"

"Of course, Harry. If you'd just read Ivenguards fifteenth corollary of elemental-"

"Yeah, right, whatever."

-scowl-

"Look, Umbridge finally taught us something in class, and it is the secret to ultimate success!"

"Stop posing like that Harry. You look ridiculous."

"Hey! It's a very distinguished pose."

"Like you would say, 'whatever'. Now how does Umbridge teaching us Scourgify lead to our success?"

"Simple, it's all about intent. You see first we have to imagine Umbridge is one big piece of filth. Not that hard."

"...okay"

"Then we have to think of all those corrupt ars- um, all those corrupt so and so's at the Ministry as even bigger pieces of filth."

"I think I see where you are going with this."

"Exactly! Then we lump Voldemort and his followers in as filth as well. We all think and hope and dream really, really hard about it before all chanting Scourgify at the same time!"

"...I don't think this is gonna work, Harry"

- - - - - - -

(two hours later)

"Curse you Potter! You and your friends have left my skin tender and raw and all of us, including the Ministry of Magic, smelling like one of Dumbledore's damned Lemon Drops! I don't think I even WANT to take over now." (Quietly to himself) "I wonder if I can get my old job back singing as Stubby Boardman?"
519 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »