Reviews for Harry and Luna Against the High Inquisitor
Sister chapter 9 . 5/21/2012
I know I tell you all the time, but I really like how you've written Lavender. She's just enough, girly, flaky and understanding to make me wish she had of been my friend in high school. The budding friendship of hers and Luna's is really sweet to see. Your Snape is dead on, mores the pity since I love him so. Write quicker this time.
Sister chapter 8 . 5/21/2012
Harry clearly hears with 'Love's ears' because Don Cherry, Luna is not. However it was still fun to hear all her side commentary. It reminds me of what you say to me...one trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I went to Shelbyville. I really like the little one time characters that you've been creating like Zachary.
JJ Rust chapter 9 . 5/20/2012
Great chapter! Man, you made Snape an even bigger butthole than ever. Jeez, it's like if he can't be happy, no one can be happy. Blew me away some of the shots he was taking at Harry and Luna's relationship.

Awesome scene with Luna and Lavender. You really gave Lavender some great depth here. You showed that there's more to her than giggling and "girly" stuff. She is actually a kind and considerate person, the way she apologizes to Luna. And I loved her putdown of Smith. That guy is such a tool.

Liked the conversation Harry had with Hermione, and how she set him straight on his worries for Luna. Great progression with Harry's thoughts how he comes to the conclusion that he loves Luna.

You got yourself a winner. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
"They don't know about our secret weapon!"

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"Well Hermione, you know how all the teachers have been talking this year about how magic is all about 'intent'?"

"Of course, Harry. If you'd just read Ivenguards fifteenth corollary of elemental-"

"Yeah, right, whatever."

-scowl-

"Look, Umbridge finally taught us something in class, and it is the secret to ultimate success!"

"Stop posing like that Harry. You look ridiculous."

"Hey! It's a very distinguished pose."

"Like you would say, 'whatever'. Now how does Umbridge teaching us Scourgify lead to our success?"

"Simple, it's all about intent. You see first we have to imagine Umbridge is one big piece of filth. Not that hard."

"...okay"

"Then we have to think of all those corrupt ars- um, all those corrupt so and so's at the Ministry as even bigger pieces of filth."

"I think I see where you are going with this."

"Exactly! Then we lump Voldemort and his followers in as filth as well. We all think and hope and dream really, really hard about it before all chanting Scourgify at the same time!"

"...I don't think this is gonna work, Harry"

- - - - - - -

(two hours later)

"Curse you Potter! You and your friends have left my skin tender and raw and all of us, including the Ministry of Magic, smelling like one of Dumbledore's damned Lemon Drops! I don't think I even WANT to take over now." (Quietly to himself) "I wonder if I can get my old job back singing as Stubby Boardman?"
Guest chapter 5 . 5/15/2012
Meh. Good chapter and start to the story overall. This is the first time I think you hit a couple speed bumps. This first is that I thought it was actually not a good idea to have Luna insist Harry use the mirrors. It's just out of style for her, even with your interpretation of the character (which is fantastic by the way). That whole "it's arrogant to take away his choice" is just more natural coming from Hermione, or even Ginny (which is somewhat ironic since both would seek to take away Harry's choice about many things). It was especially jarring to have Luna be as confrontational as she was, though at least you used it well to show the strengthening of their relationship and their growing comfort with each other. Second speed bump was the Neville/Hermione scene. I liked how you pointed out how intimidating most boys would find a girl like Hermione (especially at that age), and it even makes sense he would leave out how many would find her more aggravating than intimidating (as much as I love her character, the fact is the way she was written was that she was infinitely more emotionally astute than Ron, but at times could be just as socially inept - especially when seeking knowledge). The "bump" comes with Neville's assessment of her magical power. There's nothing in canon to show she's above average at all in the power area (intelligence? Absolutely. Raw power? Not so much). Now look two feet to the left or right and see Harry or Ginny and THERE you will see magical powerhouses without question. I'd even say there's plenty of evidence of Neville having power to spare. But not Hermione. (And it's a common choice that I find disappointing. Authors want to make her so much she is not, usually it's three things: smarter/more imaginative than she's shown to be in canon; magically more powerful than she's show to be; and a better specimen physically - both appearance and athletically.)

But like I said, still a great fic. Looking forward to reading the rest.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
hope ron end up with hermoine or at least a little better levendor.
Ex Mentis chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
Awww, Harry said he loved her! So cute! And she was then able to cast a corporeal patronus! Can't wait for next chapter!
Europec chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
D'aww. Nice and fluffy and cute. Cheers! Moar!
Europec chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Absolutely great! Fantastic! Great! And awesome Omake! :D
earfluffy chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
YAAAAAAAAAAAY! you updated
Le Rob chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
This is rather enjoyable, and you get bonus points in my books for being a fellow Saskatchewanian.
Agravaine chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
I would propose that you devote some extra time going over your dialogue; a lot of it is weirdly stilted. In the last chapter, Harry complains that Draco "faked being grievously hurt by Hagrid's hippogriff." Who throws about "grievously" in every-day conversation? Probably not Harry, anyway. "You poor, noble, foolish boy" is the biggest clunker in the current chapter. It's a soap opera formulation, and Hermione just comes off sounding middle-aged and world-weary.

But my chief concern is the direction you are going with Luna's interactions with her classmates, which you have been building up for a story and a half without any indication of a payoff. The Voldemort plot has taken a backseat so far, and I'm uncertain how far to the fore you plan to bring it. But it seems that it will have to escalate at some point, and you will have to be careful to prevent it from feeling disjointed from the meat of the story you have been telling so far, in which Harry chastises Luna's bullies and Luna remaining cordial but emotionally unattached from her other housemates. I hope to see real consequences develop from these interactions for all the time you have devoted to them.

On the other hand, I do think you have done a marvelous job ensuring that her character is affected by but not defined by the idiots who torment her. I would not bother writing so much here if I were not looking forward to the next update.
almostinsane chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
Great chapters! The last part with Luna was rather sweet. You are good at writing fluff. And Severus is being fairly hypocritical, don't you think? He of all people should know that love can spring up at an early age. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
the.stories.live.on chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
This story never ceases to make me smile. *sigh* I really love this story. Keep up the good work!
Darth Marrs chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
I've been neglecting this story long enough, time to start reading. It's off to a good start so far.
523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »