Reviews for The Chemicals Between Us
REDEADED chapter 10 . 9/29/2015
even with that sad ending I loved all of these stories, thank you and never stop writing!

-Ed
Guest chapter 10 . 6/19/2015
THAT HURT ME...OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY HEART HURTS
Pandagirl chapter 10 . 3/29/2014
These tokka stories just keep on getting better and better each time. Keep up the good work!
-Pandagirl
Misstress Minerva chapter 10 . 5/14/2013
This story was great! But I still am absolutely devastated :( Keep on writing!
Misstress Minerva chapter 7 . 5/14/2013
FYI... I LOVE THIS! Thanks so much for bringing it into my life :) Can't wait to go read the rest of "Nothing is Illuminated"!
Misstress Minerva chapter 6 . 5/14/2013
I loved all the different little ships in there! Absolutely delightful :)
Misstress Minerva chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
Love it! I am no critic, and won't pretend to know anything about writing, but I do appreciate the fact that you do it! This one was fantastic!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
wow! wait what do you mean on top like physically or like mentally? O.o
Guest chapter 10 . 12/12/2012
OMG I like cried when I read the ending I was just like when I read it I'm a die hard Tokka fan for ever but wow I did not expect it to end like that. Tophs change of character was so cool because you unlocked what she felt and brought it out into her character. The kiss was AWESOME! Poor Toph and sokka your am idiot for realizing that Toph liked you sooner. Yea those are my feelings about it so yea
MakeOrBreakMyLife chapter 10 . 9/12/2012
Not fair. I swear you're TRYING to make me cry.
lover chapter 10 . 7/28/2012
A masterpiece... plz continue writing on this...
sol chapter 7 . 4/17/2012
I think this is my favorite chapter so far! Your writing is wonderful, by the way.
sol chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
Of course Toph proposes! Honestly, it was a sweet surprise as I was expecting it to happen the other way around!
D3stiny-Sm4sher chapter 10 . 2/28/2012
Oh, lookit you. And me. And our love of turning Tokka into one-sided angst. xD It's so wonderful to write and to read, because rejection is a part of life, indeed.

I'm still super curious who Toph had a daughter with, but all the same, one of my reasons for choosing to write a total AU was to explore Tokka actually happening without any question of 'would it?' or not.

I liked how this finished a lot, BTW. I liked the reference to 'little soldiers' in her tears and how she looked at things as a battle. It reminded me of when I wrote the WFTE scene with Iroh, and how they compared love to battle. I feel like it just makes sense for Toph's character, that she would look at emotions as an enemy to fight, to 'prove herself' against.

That of course brings up, in my mind, how Toph acts fairly 'girly' in this three-shot, which makes sense to me because she's just a little bit older. Many people in the fandom write Toph off as 100% tomboy when she totally has girly moments (dramatic, hormonal cat-fights with Katara, anyone?), but it would make sense that she'd embrace her 'girl' side more as she grows up a bit - though still retaining the independence and stubbornness and...well...probably some of the inconsiderate attitudes she has to others (dumping them in rivers and what-not).

I liked when Sokka said that she was 'too awesome' and didn't need anyone, and how Toph agreed with that. I think deep-down she might feel rejection or maybe irritation at such a remark, but ultimately her arrogance wins out, haha.

One thing though, was that you kept reference Toph 'looking,' or 'seeing,' and Sokka even said 'look' to her, despite that he should know better. We know that she can kind of 'see' but it always seems weird to me, thinking of Toph specifically 'looking' at things, when she wouldn't, she'd 'sense' them or 'feel' them with her feet, or hear them.

In contrast, when she 'looked to the stars, and let only silence fall,' was brilliant, and THAT is a great use of her 'looking.'

Anyway, very great stuff as always, very descriptive, your dialogue was good...It makes me very interested to see what you do with NII next.
Wtng chapter 10 . 2/27/2012
Dayumm, yay now toph can meet a hotter dude and make babies!