Reviews for Adventures Of The Heart
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Loved how "snarky" Dean was in this one with all his little comments after the Gas Stagtion attendant basically accused him and Sam of making out in the bathroom. His little comments were hilarious and obviously kept Sam going and got the youngest Winchester out of the funk that he had settled into upon entering the small bathroom!

Dean's right though, as long as they push on and fight for the good, then they will never lose!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
You certainly blew me away once again. It might have been short, but you packed a lot of emotions into this short piece. Loved you showed Sam's tortured mind combined with his grief over loosing Bobby. It brought tears to my eyes and I just wanted to scream. I could so picture Sam in front of me and I wish we would get the opportunity to see Jared drive a script like this home for us. He would be so awesome. No matter what, you certainly brought it to live for me. Thanks for this. Hugs, Vonnie
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
I'm so glad you followed your own heart and wrote this tag; I think it's one of your strongest pieces.

Loved the opening quote even before I realized how well it tied in with the overall theme of the story - about Sam's heart hurting so badly it burned.

Loved all the little memories of Bobby in their lives, although I admit I didn't realize it was Bobby at first. I was about halfway down the list until I realized it wasn't Dean taking care of Sam...but Bobby taking care of his boys.

Loved Sam's disorientation at first when they stopped at the gas station, and I love how you described the bathroom...it was like I was there...could see it and smell it and felt like drawing up so I wouldn't touch anything myself. That's how real it was...very strong descriptions. And then of course, sick, feverish, angsty, emo Sammy is always fun to read...as horrible as that sounds!

Nice throwing Lucifer into the mix and Sam's "hand trick" and even a tiny bit of Soulless Sam - good lines and interaction...almost makes us forget that Lucifer is just a hallucination. He feels real to us, just like he does to Sam.

Speaking of good lines, you also had excellent "play-on-words" phrases throughout...like little treasures...loved 'em!

And then of course Dean busting in toward the end and supporting his Sammy, complete with snarky comments and first aid. *happy sigh for a relatively happy ending*

This was great! Thanks for quenching the thirst for more h/c in this episode!
cold kagome chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
lol.. awwwwe love the ending...lol soo cute..
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Love this tag Karen, so wish the show would give us these brotherly moments. After that bite it would be obvious that Sam would be affected by the lingering poison and loved Dean in caring big brother mode, putting his grief aside for his little brother and taking care of the one person he has left. Those boys need to share their grief and use it to defeat the leviathan. Great brotherly banter as usual - awesome.
Sammyscougar chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Wow great piece of writing.. The humor and love between the

brothers is awesome. Sam can be my princess anytime.. ;) You Rock...
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
AAWWWWWWWW That was sweet. I noticed the way Dean looked over at Sammy too at the end of that episode and I thought it was kind of sweet actually. I guess maybe Dean was thinking that it was just him and the kid slumped in the seat next to him from here on out. They have nobody else now. It's so unfair. Haven't those two lost enough? Haven't they given up enough? It's like the hit's keep coming or in theor case hitting. Hitting hard. Even though Frank is a complete "lunatic and jackass" as Bobby *sniff* put it I get what he was saying. Sage advice from a crazy man. I guess you do strap on a smile and keep going. If that will help them get Dick Roman then I say do it! Excellent one shot!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Loved this! And loved that scene of Sam curled up next to the window. Nothing better than a hurt/sick Sam and big bro Dean. Thanks.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Loved all of it. I liked the ending to that one too. But there is also something that stick out more to me then that did. It was when Dean open his beer bottle sit it down talked to Sam for no more then a seconds goes to take a drink from it and it is empty. And he turns to Sam and says, "Thanks for drinking all my beer." And Sam says, "I didn't drink your beer my right here. You must have drank it and didn't even realize it."

Now I had to go back and see that part again. Now Bobby I believe is still there and some how he is coming back. I wish someone would make a story out of that part. Oh well.

Great work.
PixieB chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
*flails*

This is. Incredible. Perfect. Wow.

Aw, man. If only Dean was THIS nice and lovey-dovey to Sam on the show -.-
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Awwww! Love the ending! "You always do." Yup, Dean is a master at taking care of his Sammy. :) I also liked Sam asking why he's always the one in the 'female' role! lol I actually would have liked to see Dean's answer. ;P I really enjoyed the teasing Dean did with Sam. It's been a while since I've seen the bantering between them, and I miss it.

Thanks for a wonderful story (like always)! :)
kiwimoonelmo chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
A very enjoyable to come home to after
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Loved this. Those poor guys- at least they still got each other. Thanks for sharing this. :)
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Oh Karen, that was magic. You know, pure and simple brilliance. You suck me in every time, the way your words grasp the emotion so fiercely. It's as if you reach inside Sam and Dean's hearts and put what they are feeling in words right here. Once again, ahhhhmazing!
Becci chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
What can I say my heart really does break for the brothers they have been through so much but I just love the fact that at the end of the day they do still have each other to lean on. This story just hits all the right spots for me, big fan of big brother dean and hurt Sam, but I can also feel dean's emotional pain here. Thanks for a great read
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »