Reviews for But
Qak chapter 1 . 2/1/2023
Hm, I find it funny that not many people know Dr. McKay’s back story. This is a direct quote from Dr. McKay “I had a not-so-comfortable childhood. My parents hated each other, blamed me. Music…was my salvation. It had this…perfect order for me”. It’s worth mentioning that music was his original dream in life, but he gave it up because at the age of 12, his music teacher asked him to quit because in their opinion he had no sense of the art. After he gave up on music, he sought a career in science. He was already somewhat talented in school given the fact that he skipped multiple grades, but it took a dark turn at his 6th grade science fair. He made a non-functional nuke. This prompted a visit from the CIA in which he was most likely interrogated for hours if not days. After this, he was shunned and seen as the disappointment at least in his own eyes. Its part of why he has little contact with his parents, because he feels that his parents abandoned him. It’s also why he acts so rude, he trusts no one and expects to be betrayed on some level. The reason for his ego is because in his own mind, he needs a reason to justify his own continued existence, at least on a subconscious level.
TeddyBlake chapter 1 . 8/20/2018
LOL Garcia and McKay ! Finally someone who can deal with him in the most efficient way xD
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 8/6/2018
LOL I appreciate this story, too, but I'm greedy and want more. I can picture Rodney rallying himself for another try and then when he says something extra nasty, Morgan appears and intimidates the heck out of him. Or, Garcia can verbally cut him to shreds. Either way, I can see Sheppard needing to drag Rodney away before Morgan hurts him. And then John would give Garcia pointers on Rodney threatening. LOL
dragonlots chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
Well, done. Enjoyed this tale.
LockBox22 chapter 1 . 12/4/2017
Two sassy computer nerds going head to head; perfect!
Merlin chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
20 minutes and he has the clearance? Come on... grrr!
V chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Not really sure on why these people are bashing it, one calling it a parody. Have they heard on what they are and have they heard what a crossover fic is? There's a nice bit of humour to it and I would love to see more.
Moi chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
Aww, you really stopped here? No McKay finding out hands on (or at least trying to) what Garcia will be doing/has done exactly with his precious system? *smirk*
Would Garcia or Morgan (first name Derek!) perchance have the ATA gene?
I'd love to see Reid get to Atlantis, by the way. Couldn't you make use of a bunch of profilers there for a bit? *beg*
OCMichael chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Excellent. Waiting to hear more.
Yodes chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Would LOVE to see this continued in some way!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a parody, but what else could it be?
Ellmarr chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
why end it you are off to a good start lol
Blood Zephyr chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Do you realize that Rodney is the CSO of Atlantis and that the final choice of bringing Garcia there in the first place would be his? And that he would be her boss while she's there? And that Sam was being utterly unprofessional, considering she's in charge of the city? I found this fic to be completely pointless.
sisko66002 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Kinda liked, but the Rodney bashing really threw me for a loop. I can't really see Rodney being run off when the task is so crucial to the security of Atlantis, especially when the person handling has no idea at all of the quirks the city has or how what they are planning could impact the city. I'm sorry if this seems like a flame, but that's just the way that I see it.