Reviews for From Friend and Foe Alike
Chocolate and caramel chapter 24 . 4/1/2012
for some reason, I have this mental image of Severus and Rose hugging Grim as they wait for the storm to abate?

random right?

can't wait for more. I hope Rose doesn't remember about the incident. but I think she's remember it or atleast mull over it soo much, she's get a gist of it.

*sigh*
Christopher Kidwell chapter 24 . 3/31/2012
With all due respect, apparently the author doesn't understand how the mind works. When you cannot remember something (TRULY not remember something) it has absolutely no effect on your current psyche.

That is what oblivation in the Harry Potter universe does when done correctly. Totally removes the memory and prevents you from even knowing that the memory is missing in the first place, because it is replaced with another (albeit foggier) one.

As to Albus Dumbledore 'trying to dodge his responsibilities'... I don't think he was trying to do that. Personally, if I had the power to remove the memory of a rape victim, I would do it in an instant in order to save them the pain of that memory. As I pointed out, in the Harry Potter universe, WHEN A MEMORY IS REMOVED it has no effect on you from that moment forward.

In fact, if Rose could remember the rape in question, from being a rape victim myself, I doubt it would be the rape itself that would have the most effect on her, but the beating that came afterwards that she just barely survived.

A good story, but I just had to point out those fallacies in the story.
Njoki chapter 24 . 3/30/2012
Another nice chapter :D There were some interesting vibes going on between Sev and Rose, am I reading into things here, or does Rose have a bit of a crush on her guardian? Not that I mind a little Severus/Harry if things go in that direction, though I get the feeling Sev's firmly in the camp of father figure right now.

Looking forward to your next chapter!
FleurSuoh chapter 23 . 3/23/2012
yay can't wait for next one!
Chocolate and caramel chapter 23 . 3/23/2012
Poor Rose. and Draco I supposed. I wished Snape made him apologized again but that would seems hypocrite of Malfoy. I just hope the two of them patch up. can't wait for more!
Chocolate and caramel chapter 22 . 3/18/2012
love it! the story had me gasping in delight and crying in every scenes. I adore Rose and totally digging the new side of snape.

can't totally wait for more!
Njoki chapter 22 . 3/16/2012
That was pure candy on a stick, makes me feel all warm and fussy inside :D I want to slap Sirius for causing all that drama though, as if he hasn't done enough damage to Severus, the berk! I kind of hope Severus and Sirius don't get all pally in the end, not everything or every relationship should be perfect. I think, a bit of adversity adds flavor, but hey, you're the master here, so write where these characters take you :D
FleurSuoh chapter 22 . 3/16/2012
awww.

loved the chapter and can't wait for the next one.

update soon please
FleurSuoh chapter 21 . 3/14/2012
uh oh. Calm down Sevvy no need to get angry. time to think logically.

can't wait for the next chapter
Njoki chapter 21 . 3/13/2012
I have really enjoyed this story. I love your Severus and will admit that I've shed a few tears over his heartache over Lily.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he and Cissy get together :D Cissy is 100% right though, Lily wasn't a true friend to Severus (and I am pleased that you tab on that in your story, and hopefully will delve more in future chapters). Yeah, Lily might have got over herself in the afterlife and seen what she threw away, but I've always thought she was terribly selfish and self-righteous, so high five for Cissy being able to see that :D

Your story is the first Girl Harry I've ever liked. I think its an interesting plot line, but could never find a decently written one, so cheers to you :D

I hope you have the time to update soon!
FleurSuoh chapter 20 . 3/6/2012
really can't wait for the next chapter
Very Small Prophet chapter 20 . 3/6/2012
I see Lily still won’t apologize to Sev for being a cold-hearted unforgiving bitch when they were teenagers. And James is as smug and condescending as ever. I’m not impressed with either of them.
FleurSuoh chapter 19 . 3/5/2012
can't wait for the next chapter.

Just a question, was the person who caused Piers to die Sirius? After all, he too would know what had happened to Rose and had nothing to lose with using magic against him since he is already wanted and on the run.

Well really can't wait for more of the story. Update soon please
Coral Grace chapter 19 . 3/3/2012
Loved it! Am really looking forward to seeing Severus and Rose's relationship at this official new level. Looking forward to the next chapter!
wi11ow chapter 18 . 3/3/2012
I read up to this point all last night. I just couldn't stop! Please update soon !
191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »