Reviews for Breaking Out
randomkungfupandafan chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Whoa, there's a deep story between Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? Who knew we'd get something like this?
LuluCalliope chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Wow. I'm really impressed. Where do I begin?

For starters, the backstory given to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon is incredible. Fantastic. And I can sense that there still is chemistry between them. Like you said, it begins with a subtle divide, and then it ends with the follower (Silver) leading the leader (Diamond) down the path of forgiveness. (Did that sound preachy? It probably did, but whatever.)

I think that Diamond Tiara's cutie mark...a crown...is something that Twilight Sparkle, of all ponies, should be able to connect to as the series progresses. One of the show's writers said that "not every girl gets to be a princess, but she should live up to the ideas that come with being a princess". And what is a princess? She is noble, kind, and generous...three traits that Diamond Tiara in the show does not have.

I think that Silver Spoon here helps Diamond truly earn her cutie mark by bringing out the three traits. And if you interpret it in this way, with Diamond Tiara truly becoming "worthy" of her cutie mark, then she is on equal ground with the cutie mark crusaders, who have yet to earn their marks.

Wow...either I'm overanalyzing this, or this is really really deep.

Great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
33333
Chocoholic-Wallflower chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Aww, I actually felt sorry for Diamond Tiara in this story. I can understand her feelings quite well for some reason. And I was a bit surprised by Silver Spoon's applauding in "Family Appreciation Day", and her role kinda makes sense.

I also like how you described their cutie marks, and what their talents are meant to be.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
dis good
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Hi! This story was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GREAT! One of the best I've ever read.
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
...oh, damn it. Damn you for making me feel sorry for a character I hate! That's how well written this story was!
Timefather64 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
THE FATHER OF TIME WANTS TO GIVE YOU A BROHOOF FOR THIS!
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
"Wrong," she quickly shot down.

"Heeey, when you play it in slow motion, you can tell the exact moment her little black heart breaks in two!"

it was in her cutie mark after all.

Hmmm?

Nice work with remembering that Cheerilee establishes as Canon that cutie marks aren't meant to be taken literally.

Nice psychology BTW that DT uses SS as an emotional crutch.

While I doubt some of this as being a little stretched . . . I can't help but read stories were characters created to be 2-D Jerks for the sake of being jerks who exist only to be a foil . . . where we look and see what makes them that way. And once you get to know someone, they become a person.
A Delusional Person chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I really liked the alternate take you took on their characters. I think the licenses you took were acceptable and that you did well with 'em. I dunno. The story flowed pretty well so I didn't catch any hitch and really feel a need to go over it with a fine toothed comb for flaws.

I hope you keep writing and have success with your continued fictions.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I enjoyed this sympathetic look into Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and the reinterpretation of their cutie marks. I liked seeing Diamond Tiara learn lessons about friendship and grow as a character! I thought myself that Diamond Tiara might have a jeweller's talent, but leadership works well too as a reinterpretation of her cutie mark. I imagine Silver Spoon would be perceived as "born with one in her mouth" to match Diamond Tiara's privilege, but coming from a silversmithing background is a nice surprise! Learning to reinterpret your cutie mark as you grow older and change as a person is an interesting notion-I know I wouldn't like my personality to have been fixed for good as only a kid in school. I also thought the little ponies' admiration of Rarity was very apt and likely. And I like that Rarity has a diamond cutie mark, too! Nice story.
Questionable Object chapter 1 . 1/13/2012

DONE?

THIS IS FGJKAFLIBAWIJKZZFGFFUP!

ILUVIT!
Super Metal Sonic chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Great story, it was great to read. you did quite a good job taking these two characters and making them more likeable while at the sametime not making them out of character
DisneyPrincess chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
This was fabulous! I like how you made Diamond Tiara a lot more than just a rich bitch who likes to tease other fillies...very believable! Well done!
kitmaro chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
This all makes perfect sense actually. You have superb insight good author.