Reviews for The Perfect Magic in the Everyday
luverofthings chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
very sweet story
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I love it, please write a sequel
NatesMama chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Well, this made me cry. It really is perfect. A lovely story for a lazy Saturday morning. Really well done.
plume-d-imagination chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Three words "it's perfect"
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Sigh. This was excellent.

I love the attention to the overtures between them, especially the ones after they had broken apart but before they had quite got themselves on the road to being whole. Massacres, chairs, academic lectures. The small moments between them are always the moments that leave the greatest mark on me. They're the moments I rewind and rewatch and rewind and rewatch until my laptop starts whirring at me in protest.

I love that Brennan already has an exact colour and exact details in mind when Booth questions her. She's obviously put so much thought into it and sharing these kinds of private things with him is such a big deal, even though it all comes across as fluid and ordinary.

Adding Parker into the mix was an excellent idea as well; it's a big adjustment for him just the same as it's an adjustment for Booth and Brennan, and I love that Booth is able to reassure him that his relationship with Brennan doesn't have to (isn't going to) change.

It's an all around gorgeous piece, lady. I'm glad I finally got the time to read it :)
Amilyn chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Lovely way to SHOW bringing Parker into the mix and let him FEEL and BE as important a contributor as they know he is. Nicely done.
eitoph chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This was WONDERFUL! The progression of time here was really interesting, you covered a lot and it moved really well. I love the voice you adopt for the POV, it really sets a fantastic mood/tone and I feel at home in these stories.

I also adore your insights into BB. Something really struck me when I was reading this; you wrote:

"The first overtures were hers: another drink; a Valentine's Day massacre; assurances of her belief in his goodness, and a promise to stay beside him (right where she always was); and the simple, quiet acceptance of the importance of a set of chairs that really weren't just another set of chairs after all.

The next steps were his: a strategic interception of her morning run and an offer to accompany her to a lecture about a war (the name of which he couldn't spell without looking it up); a mutual promise burned on a piece of paper; the assurances of his belief in her heart; a stated desire to do better and for things to be about more than luck."

The him and her breakdown, looking at how each of them in turn reached out was something I never saw, but it's just *right*. Your insights into the show are smart and uncannily accurate.

I do love the way this comes together, it starts with a birdhouse and then Parker and Booth give her the perfect dollshouse. It was a truly lovely moment. I also loved that you could work that development with Booth and Parker in there and to still have it fit seamlessly with the whole story.

Wonderful! Reccing this out to anyone who will listen.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Ah, well, you already know how I love this.

This was the first part that made me go "ooooh:

"The first steps toward their new reality had been slow and halting, both afraid (terrified, really) that one tiny misstep would cost them what they both wanted so very badly.

Because really, I had never mapped it out that way before but it's really true and I LOVE when fic makes me see something I missed.

You know I love the red herring with the bunny, but I do love that he bought the bunny. I also love that they are keeping things between them...and then bunny. I don't know why, but that just makes me smile.

"The perfection of that moment wove itself into the ebb and flow of daily life, and their life together took on a feeling that he could only describe as magical. She, of course, disagreed (because there's no such thing as magic) but neither of them could deny that their single life shared was better than their solitary lives had ever been." I adore that passage so much.

I thought you nailed the convo in the car with Parker. Nicely done. Also nicely done was the call back to Laskey. I don't know that kid, but I don't think I like him. LOL!

"She kicks when you talk to her." Booth grinned at his son. "She likes it when I sing to her."

Parker made a face.

"What's that look for?"

"Maybe she's kicking so you'll stop."

Smart boy, that Parker.

I love how excited Parker is to build the dollhouse for the sister he originally wasn't sure about and how it becomes the big thing for Christmas morning.

And of course, she thinks it's perfect.

So glad you wandered into our fandom and my hamlet. :)
jsq chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
What a sweet story! I loved the description of Brennan's enchantment with dollhouses. The scenes with Parker were both poignant and hilarious. And they built the baby a dollhouse! Just lovely.
Noie chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Great gift fic! I love that you included their whole family and used the backstory so well. Thanks for posting.
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
So cute... I especially loved Booth and Parker's convo, as well as them projecting it up for Brennan. Write more often, purtty please! :)
harper83 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
You know what else was perfect? This story! I loved it!
Darlin'Nicki chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
OMG! What a cute story! Wonderful, original idea. It is a sweet, well-written little

tale. Thanks for sending me the link. You did manage to perk me up a bit & today of all days, that's a difficult feat.

Keep up the excellent writing! Looking forward to reading your next story. : )

~Nicki
jenheir1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
What a great story, I smiled all the way through. :)
cmol8806 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012