Reviews for Beloved Monsters
BRUH. A Staldra, with a sword and fire-breath? SIGN ME THE EFF UP. That is a beautiful concept for a monster. I wanna fight it right now holy crap yessss
SayMrrp chapter 21 . 7/27
Wow, thanks for this awesomeness!

The twists... the angst... the epicness... thanks!
DoodlingPlume chapter 21 . 6/13/2014
Wow! This is really amazing! Okay, I admit that I was a bit miffed that Link had given away just like that his title of Hero of Time, but that doesn't mean that this fic isn't amazing, because it IS.
So, thank you for giving the Gerudo screen time, and for making Link a slightly nutty, but still lovable badass!

Time's Quill chapter 21 . 5/23/2014
Squeeee what a great ride! I really liked how you broke tradition and said "destiny is the path we choose to walk" and the Master Sword choosing Sheik because by then he fit more and the allocation of the Triforce pieces and Navi and yaaaay :)
Time's Quill chapter 15 . 5/23/2014
Scarred for life lol
daimee chapter 21 . 4/17/2014
Hi, daimee here... If you remember me XD
Okay, uhm, this may be a bit weird, but I had some free time on my hands today, decided to reread this story and I just felt like leaving another review too, because you know what? It's even better than I remember. As far as I remember, I had never read it in one go before, and reading it as a whole really enhances the experience. The emotions and characters are so strong. I remember liking Navi so much, and thinking their conversations also being funny at times, the way they bickered. Well, this time around I only saw the sheer tragedy; some of their conversations (and of course the flashback to her death) almost moved me to tears. I never noticed before how tragic it is, right in the first chapter: "he finally yelled, spinning on the spot. But there was nobody there. No-one had ever been there, not for six, no, almost seven years now. To the day". Right there it hit me, reminded me, how tragic their relationship had been again.
And again, it's not only a good story - it's a good FANFIC. One of those rare fanfics that aren't the same if they're not set in the corresponding universe. The elements of the game are there, and aren't cheated away; instead, they are given more meaning and given another layer of emotion, by spinning it around like this. The biggest reason Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf are as interesting as they are, is that we know how they are "supposed to be", in the game. Gandondorf especially. If I didn't know what he was like in the game, Link calling him father and meaning it, wouldn't be as impressive as it is. It is wonderful that he almost isn't a villain, how Link justifies some of his actions, especially by pointing out how the Gerudo no longer suffer as much as they did, thanks to him. And the very ending... "I remember". That's really all Link had to say. Just wonderful. The image I get in my head when I read that scene. So good.
Now I'm convinced even more that this is the best fanfic I've read so far. It's not perfect (I think I found a few minor errors, such as Link referring to Sheik as "Sheik" before actually knowing that name) but the story and characters are very strong and you've used the original source material extremely well. I'm almost jealous. Or well, just leave "almost" out. I'm jealous you could pull this off like that.
So, yeah, I don't know... I just felt like leaving a review again '
Kurai Ummei chapter 21 . 11/10/2013
This story was mind glowingly epic. Thank you for writing it!
Egg Emperor chapter 21 . 9/17/2013
This ... Is quite possibly the most disturbingly delicious , terrifically twisted, and woefully wonderful dark Zelda fic I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I could go on and on and on about you twists and turns but I would be writing a review that would be a "fic" in it's own right. It's simply amazing; as a man ( author) who prides himself in twisting heroes into villains I take my hat of to you sir or madam and I salute you and your work.
-Johannes The Egg Emperor
Hylia'grace chapter 21 . 9/11/2013
Whoa that was amazing! I didnt really think navi was just in his head, obviously she would stay with him even if it was in spirit. This was fantastically written. I have to say ive always had sympathy for the gerudo tribe but this just made me feel for them more. I definitely prefer it to the usual 'ocarina of time rewritten' stories. Also sheik is my favourite character, as himself not Zelda and I really cant stand zelda but it makes sense as they could really balance each other out. Couldnt stand midna though haha :) thank you for sharing your story :)
Hylia'grace chapter 15 . 9/10/2013
Poor link! Never thought id miss navi.. But that was horrific and heartbreaking.. Love it so far though!
Hylia'grace chapter 9 . 9/10/2013
Awh I like the way this turned out, I prefer the update on links past more than just a regular boss fight thats been rewritten by tonnes of people. His relationship with his sister reminds me a lot of my own. Beautifully written
Hylia'grace chapter 7 . 9/10/2013
Love the story so far! But just a slight correction, 'thrown' is actually 'throne' other than that everything else is brilliant
aquila333 chapter 21 . 7/22/2013
And finished!

Another awesome story is awesome

Definitely the saddest one of your works, made me cry a few times. But everything turned out okay in the end :)
nebulakid chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
I wonder who that red-eyed person was...

"I think our thief is the Hero of Time."

Foreshadowing? ;)

The bit about Mido made me almost tear up. He's like Groose in a way. I've always felt bad for poor Mido, who cares so much for Saria and just does the best he can. It's sad...
nebulakid chapter 2 . 7/7/2013
HA! Ganonpork XD how appropriate.
I'll be honest, I really had no idea who Mini/Gerard was at the time I first read this... oh, well. You made this story sound very real, especially at the conversation about the horses. I would never have thought that deeply into a story.