Reviews for Of Slaves and Sorrow
ShamiksXa chapter 10 . 7/18
This was an amazing story. I have seen much, much worsemaybe about 30. Don't even doubt yourselfeven if its very whumpy, its still a good whump... yeah, I'm not a good comforter.
yummypie193 chapter 15 . 4/18
My heart... Oh, my poor, poor heart. Why do I keep doing this to myself? This story was quite the emotional rollercoaster...
I really, really like your writing style (which was like 95% of the reason why I stayed through the warnings in the beginning lol). Now, I shall proceed to go and read all of your other stories. Thanks for writing! :D

(I'm pretty sure that didn't really make sense. You'll have to forgive me for that. I'd state an excuse here, but my brain has decided to take a vacation since my heart was having an emotional overload and not listening anyways. Just pretend like I have a good excuse. xD)
yummypie193 chapter 12 . 4/18
Excellent chapter title. Also, I love the quotes at the ends of the chapters. This one is one of my favorites... Brom is amazing :D
yummypie193 chapter 11 . 4/18
Goddammit. Of course, it has to get worse before it gets better. *crosses fingers*
yummypie193 chapter 10 . 4/18
I have actually seen a story that was (in my opinion) much worse. It was a horrifying Harry Potter AU set before the first book, in which he turns into a psychopath and tortures his aunt, uncle, and cousin to death with the aid of the newly discovered magic. So this one is horrible, but not as bad as that one.

I just felt obliged to tell you that, though this story was posted a long time ago. :P
yummypie193 chapter 8 . 4/18
(slightly more coherent review this time...)
I knew it. I was actually thinking that maybe he had spelled another guy to look like Merlin, or something like that, but I (how do I italicize this:) *goddamn knew it.*
...Anyways, enough gloating.
I thought it was a bit OOC for Merlin to snicker at Arthur freaking out over his "death." I mean, sure, he may have needed a laugh, but I don't think he'd have gotten it from breaking his closest friends' hearts by making them watch him die. Just my opinion. I did like the rest of the chapter, though. You actually portrayed Merlin as having brains! I approve, this doesn't happen enough. Though that is tested a little with that ending... XD
Okay, my rant is over. Time to continue on with the story...
yummypie193 chapter 7 . 4/18
I KNEW IT I FUCKING KNEW IT GODDAMN BUT HOLY SHIT WHY

(what have you done to me I don't normally swear this much but FUCKING HELL)
yummypie193 chapter 6 . 4/18
Where's Merlin? Where is he?
yummypie193 chapter 5 . 4/18
SHIT
yummypie193 chapter 3 . 4/18
Shit.
skydoe16 chapter 15 . 1/30
This is the second time I've read this and it was just as good as the first time. You are an amazing author, everything you write is so thorough and detailed. This story had great humor and I loved the torture... Um... I mean... What?... But seriously great job! .
Guest chapter 15 . 12/6/2016
Okay! Brutal honesty: I swear every other whump h/c angst adventure that's more than 2 ch long keeps getting better and better. Then for a while it leveled off and its still been fun but I didn't think there would be anything to get up there i that level of awesome mix of everything from grammar and spelling, to creativity, flow, and plot. 12/10

I am now favoriting. Fantastic job.
Guest chapter 13 . 12/6/2016
Yes yes we're all screaming in rage. That means it's a good story. I will probably deny any ending with Merlin or Arthur dead but it's not the beginning of the story anymore. Thus it means it will equal a fantastic story. I will be mad but I can forgive (eventually) if you did it this time. Lol
Guest chapter 7 . 12/5/2016
... that moment you realize the author is OPENLY enjoying toying with the heart strings... I can't decide between applauding like crazy or ROFL... *does both*
clh chapter 14 . 11/16/2016
I'm happy that Merlin wasn't really dead, but I'm not too keen on the way the story goes from being primarily Arthur's point of view to being mostly in Merlin's point of view as soon as Merlin is back on the scene. It's not an objective opinion or anything, I personally just prefer to read stories from Arthur's perspective, so the swing to mostly Merlin's point of view feels like a bit of an intrusion on a previously Arthur-centric story. I'm sure many others feel differently, though, and I understand your reasons for using Merlin's perspective.

I have to admit though that I skimmed ahead in this chapter to see if Arthur was really dead before I bothered reading the confrontation between Merlin and Romulus, because if Arthur was dead I really couldn't care less about Merlin having a showdown with the villain.