Reviews for Of Slaves and Sorrow
Fantastic story. Loved it x
Oneofthosepeople chapter 15 . 5/3
Brilliant
BlackBlackBlue chapter 1 . 2/21
Oh God, you're making me nervous with all these warnings! I really liked this though, especially the banter between the knights and especially Gwaine.

I'm already imagining horrors, but I'll read on.
This is by far one of the best fan fiction stostories I have ever read. And I love the way it was written. I could tell that Merlin was coming back, I mean there was no way Arther was gettine out with out any help ( sorry Arthur ) but at the end when Arthur was going to die or not I had no idea. Your a really great writter and I love all your stories
too-much-inspiration chapter 15 . 1/7
I have seen far worse whump and far more forceful, this was more tastefully done I would say. I am a little surprised though that Merlin got as injured as he did at the end, considering how things tend to turn out in the canon magical duels. Nonetheless, this was quite interesting and certainly a different approach than is usually seen. I'm not sure what sort of future there would have been if Arthur had died, probably not much more than is in the canon following season 5. Thank you for posting this!
DwaejiTokki chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
I love this! Thanks so much for writing this. I was captivated by the entire story-gripping, tragic, humorous, and all in all, awesome!

Question: What font did you use for the 'Merlin' at the end?
Illusions of Dreaming chapter 15 . 6/27/2014
Never thought you had it in you Merlyn! I thoroughly enjoyed the whump - wonder what that says about my character hmmm... - and the angsty, friendship bonding due to it!
Will had his fair share of Whump in TDaG but this takes Whump to another level altogether! There were moments that had me cringing in my seat and definitely groaning as well.
Thankfully this last chapter had enough humor to soothe the pains from the previous 14 chapters. Phew!
And I'm glad majority voters wanted Arthur to live - even though this little sadistic side of me wanted to read the death scene as well - I didn't think the alternate ending would leave as much of a satisfying conclusion as this. (What am I even saying.)
I'm amazed still; at Arthur's smart stubborness - how can he NOT see Merlin's magic? - that's so him and also your decision to keep Merlin's magic/Dragonlord abilities a secret. It's just that almost all MerlinWHUMP fic usually ends with the revealing of his magic - while I love the ArthurAngst that comes with it, it does get old after a little while. So I'm glad that you chose to keep things IC :'D
Again, whoot! Thank you for sharing the wonderful story!
eilonwy77 chapter 10 . 3/2/2014
I am glad you didn't decide to delete this. I am enjoying it. Though I did imagine how it would feel for my knees to break. Eek. :-). But it was fine! And you gave plenty of warning. :-)
Trainedprat chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Just wanted to let you know that I tried to eat tomato soup while reading this. Not my best idea ever. But "lovely" story so far! I truly appreciate your outstanding writing skills (and vivid imagination)!
aGreatLoudThump chapter 15 . 1/11/2014
Loved this! Well, except the part where you scarred up Merlin's pretty face D:
But still, well-written and brilliantly executed. This had me on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole ride. Thanks for posting!
DuskRose chapter 15 . 1/1/2014
Ok if I'm honest I loved this story. You did a great job. But really how many times did Merlin and Arthur die? Yeah I do want to know. The thing is the creativity of this story was superb and the plot line well constructed. And you have nothing to worry about. I have read some WHUMP fics wayyy worse than this. All in all great job and I will defiantly be R/R your other fics. Keep writing
DuskRose chapter 12 . 1/1/2014
Ok I take it back, you didn't kill Merlin so I can forgive you. It was brill the way you set up the Merlin is Severus thing, genius. Now I have to finish reading this addicting story. I will review again when I'm done though
DuskRose chapter 3 . 1/1/2014
YOU KILLED MERLIN?!
Elaine du Lac chapter 15 . 12/19/2013
I thought you said this was supposed to be super dark? And look at that, Aithusa being all light-of-the-sun and all. It's brighter than the bloody canon show!
Elaine du Lac chapter 8 . 12/19/2013
Yeah, I knew he wasn't really dead! I checked and this story is supposed to be 15 chapters long. How else could you continue a story for 15 minus 3 chapters if one of our two protagonists is dead? And I know this isn't an Arthur-angst only story! Unless you might mean for Merlin to come back as a ghost! That would be interesting enough as well.