Reviews for Never Eat At a Place Called Mom's
illuminata79 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I don't know a thing about playing poker except that you use cards, but nevertheless I had fun with this. It's just like Jacob to sneak away from a boring social event (I can imagine his face when he found out that the hostess was trying to hitch him up with a female guest!) to play poker with the security guys instead.

Considering Jacob's open book of a face, no wonder that Rachel was surprised at just how good he was at playing poker. I love these moments when you have him pull some stunt nobody would have expected.

And I loved the three rules!
Brit-bound chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Lots of fun. Jacob is always a surprise. Love the way you are moving the relationship along. And, as always, am impressed by your encyclopedic knowledge of so many topics. Do you play poker?
Roofran411 chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I loved this! Light, warm, fun .

I know nothing whatsoever about poker but you made it entertaining.

Rachel thinks she is smart and knows Hood but he is still two jumps ahead of her.

Thanks for this. I have added it to my list of favourites.
kygal chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Great story. I bet he is able to count cards! Fun to read.
anyother chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Well done, another entertaining Jacob/Rachel story! Of course he would win and I don't no anything about poker myself, but you manage to make it exciting anyway. I love how they slowly move towards eachother, and can see how they'll become friends (and more). And was that a Titanic reference in the end (gentlemen..etc)? I'm already looking forward to the next story!
Lattelady chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Thank you so much. That was wonderful. I giggled through the last half. You wright these two to perfection.
The Fiction Spider chapter 1 . 1/10/2012