Reviews for A practical Southern Belle
gabyhyatt chapter 20 . 8/2
Good fic
Truckee Gal chapter 20 . 7/7
Thank you so much for coming back to finish this most satisfying alternate path for Rhett and Scarlett Butler. I hope some of the readers, who dropped off during your hiatus, will return to this soon. You do have a gift for storytelling!
Truckee Gal chapter 19 . 7/7
Oh, Scarlett that's the most splendid realization of all. I love ... love ... love this chapter! The breakthrough Rhett (and all of us devoted fans) hoped for. That Scarlett experiences this while Bonnie is still an infant bodes well for their future. Great writing!
Truckee Gal chapter 18 . 7/7
Scarlett doesn't know it, but nursing Eugenie is the best and quickest way to lose her pregnancy weight gain. Rhett's loving zingers about Scarlett's Southern Belle training are hilarious! She's such a rebel against the status quo, which only makes Rhett love her more.
Lcorrea chapter 19 . 6/14
owhhh! so beautiful!
Lcorrea chapter 18 . 6/7
I like this story! It is sweet! keep going, you are doing a great job!
Truckee Gal chapter 17 . 6/6
Scarlett, are you seriously questioning you are loved by Rhett? Oh ye of the short memory! Don't you recall your conversation about Mamie Bart's quick fix when you asked Rhett, "Do I really mean that much to you?" He answered, "Yes ... I love you, Scarlett." Maybe Scarlett is suffering from postpartum amnesia or something.

The funniest line was Rhett's and it had me in hysterics: "I don't want a baby. That's not why I married you. But I can support them." THEM? Do triplets run in his family? LOL Poor Scarlett!

Seriously, please don't forget Rhett's resolution to ensure Scarlett "remained involved in raising their daughter." Else we're back to the book and I'm thoroughly enjoying your improvements.
Truckee Gal chapter 16 . 6/6
Oh the joy of so many scenes being fashioned in the way we knew Rhett was capable of behaving. His input on the architecture and interior décor of the Atlanta house so it's not an oppressive mausoleum. Then there was his patience between the sheets, coupled with honoring their no children pact. I simply adore the way Rhett waits for Scarlett to look him in the eye before he kisses her breathless, how he carries her, surprises her with gifts and takes her back to New Orleans for their wedding anniversary. Bless his heart, he's giving her romance! To top all that, the nearest and dearest to Scarlett's heart was the month Rhett spent with her at Tara. His encouragement and help to restore Tara ...well, Scarlett better be falling head over heels in love ... with her husband ... or else! You made so many dreams come true in this chapter.
Truckee Gal chapter 15 . 6/6
Since Rhett observed firsthand that Scarlett sent all of Frank Kennedy's mismatched furniture to Tara, maybe he'll stick around to help decorate their new home in Atlanta. The trip to Charleston was timely for it brought husband and wife back together. My concern that Rhett would stay away too long, thankfully, failed to materialize.
Truckee Gal chapter 14 . 6/6
Loathsome Suellen, who just couldn't wait to marry Frank Kennedy and was frightfully pleased to marry first, is now blasting open a rift in Scarlett's fledgling marriage. A marriage Scarlett did not seek and is still reeling over the loss of Tara. Now, instead of wooing his reluctant wife, which BTW he could have done by visiting Tara with her and being introduced to Will and the three of them together discussing Tara's future, Rhett overreacts and leaves her alone. Big mistake ... huge!

Just when it appeared they had a chance ... how bitter the reality that appearances can be so deceiving. You're breaking hearts here, M-R-20 (aka dear author)!

The Guest review for Chapter 13 on June 6, 2018 was actually Truckee Gal.
Scarlett ought to loathe, detest and hate Ashley Wilkes because he championed her marriage to Rhett. Since Melanie, Beau and Ashley lived at Tara during a critical time when they had nothing were it not for Scarlett's help, it's curious that Ashley so clearly wants Scarlett out of his life. Makes me happy that there's not the tremendous amount of Ashley-baggage to weigh down Rhett and Scarlett's marriage, so there's hope for them!

I thought Grandfather Robillard was of a mind to keep Scarlett for himself and groom her to care for him and his household as he aged. Sort of a replacement for his deceased daughter Ellen, who had her own set of unconventional issues. Maybe the memory of that motivated him to compel Scarlett's marriage and sign his mortgage on Tara over to Rhett ... payback Ellen's daughter.
Truckee Gal chapter 12 . 6/6
Rhett, you are a sly dog! Double down on that slyness, too, for having it be Ashley Wilkes, who insists Scarlett get married to you. Oh my! Rhett will have a virgin bride ... most likely a first for him!

My original guess was, with Careen off to a convent and not interested in marrying Will Benteen, Scarlett might marry Will. They do share a common love for Tara; however, there's no way Grandfather Robillard would sanction it. So then, Scarlett would be forced to leave Tara in Will's hands as Overseer and live with her grandfather in Savannah in order to keep funds flowing to Tara. These different twists are such fun and I'm enjoying this (and my premature speculations) enormously!
Truckee Gal chapter 11 . 6/6
If Frank Kennedy is selling on credit to his fellow Southerners, that does not bode well for the future health of his business. Will he run the sawmill offering credit as well? Are the Yankees some of his clientele and actually pay for goods purchased so his business stays afloat? Still, Suellen marrying means one less person to feed, clothe and house. Can't wait to see how Rhett plans to woo Scarlett!
Truckee Gal chapter 10 . 6/6
Scarlett was wise to hoard and hide the stash from her grandfather. She was shrewd to send Suellen to Savannah in her place. Suellen was eager to marry Kennedy and that would require her to live in Atlanta. So she would be away from home and family there as well and likely to get pregnant. So did Scarlett's erstwhile fiancé died in The War? She has a surprise awaiting her fact-finding return to Atlanta ... her erstwhile, "love 'em and leave 'em" renegade! Looking forward to that.
Truckee Gal chapter 9 . 6/6
Scarlett's ingenuity to hide the livestock and remaining valuables was to be commended. So was connecting with her Clayton County neighbors. Twice her Grandfather Robillard gave her a stash of gold. Just wondering if that's part of the hidden valuables and, if not, how did she spend it?