Reviews for Going Under
ChristyWIX chapter 37 . 3/15
A nighttime surf and no Lisle? Yes, I understand that BxE have some talking to do but, I'd expected it to be the three of them surfing. I do like that they are actually communicating this time around. I don't like that she's taking all the blame on herself. Insisting that she ran away because she couldn't handle any of it. No, she made a solid decision based on a man she loved possibly losing his son. It's all in the past now. They need to stop beating themselves up over it.
ChristyWIX chapter 36 . 3/15
I'm all kinds of feels over here . . . GAH! Neither of them ever stopped loving the other. He said those things to her out of anger, we knew that the minute it flew out of his mouth. Loved how she realized her whole life for the last ten years, evolved around Edward . . . even though he wasn't there, he's always been there. This was a beautiful chapter. I loved Bella and Lisle together. Him wondering if she'd forgotten them . . . pfft, as if tat could ever happen. Him asking if he could hug her. Edward squeezing her and not letting her go. Telling her he never should've let her walk away the first time. With saying that, admitting he won't let it happen this time either. Such a great chapter!
ChristyWIX chapter 35 . 3/15
What a lovely surprise POV in a grown up Lisle! She did stay away. Which must've kiilled her. She did keep up her dream of seeing the world. Through her writing. She kept her love of surfing and made a career out of writing about it. Why wouldn't Edward seek her out over the years? That is what makes it so sad. Thank you for this little bit of back story . . . Lisle knows how sad his dad has been . . . and the root of it. :(
ChristyWIX chapter 34 . 3/15
Even though I called it, her stepping aside so that Edward could keep his son, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. They both know they love each other. They both know the ONLY reason she's doing this is because of Makenna. Makenna may have won this fight but, she certainly lost Edward forever. Even though she'd lost him before . . . he may release hell upon earth on her now. I hope he sues for full custody himself and wins. Paving the way for him to at least have someone in his life in the future without the threat of losing his son. Taking away Lisle from a bitch that uses him as a bargaining chip, instead of putting his needs first.
ChristyWIX chapter 33 . 3/15
I'm beginning to see what happened. Im thinking that Bella bows out gracefully . . . to give Edward a chance to 'play' nice with Makenna . . . long enough for her to drop her craziness. Bella won't stand between Edward and his son. No matter how much she wants them both. Apparently, it's okay for Makenna to whore around but, the first women Edward comes around with, he's served paperwork for full custody. Yes, I called that one. Saw it. Saw that coming a mile away. Him being celibate this long would mean something in court. Her being petty like this wouldn't stand up in court, she'd have to prove it.
ChristyWIX chapter 32 . 3/15
I'm glad they are going to tell Charlie, before he finds out on his own. I like that she wants to make sure he knows aboutLisle as well. However, I still think that Makenna is going to pull the ultimate bitch maneuver. Will wait and see if that is where you took this . . . at least we know that Lisle and Edward are still together, as evidenced in chapter one.
ChristyWIX chapter 31 . 3/15
I'm wondering if Makenna had a man over at her house and that is why she was too distracted to put the bed rail up? I didn't like that evil smile she gave in response to his threat of getting the attorney's involved. Read to me like Mommy is going to run with Lisle. Guaranteeing Edward full custody and her jail time, once they find him again. She most certainly didn't like that Bella was there and that Lisle clearly likes her. Edward stays away from Bella on the weekends, ensuring alone time with Daddy. Makenna doesn't know this. Also, she doesn't know that Edward had been celibate until he met Bella. So calling her 'one of his whores', not effective. I think she forgot she was the whore in the relationship, not him. She was the one that blew it, not him.
ChristyWIX chapter 30 . 3/15
That first Monday morning at the shop is not good enough of an apology from Edward. He's hiding her and she shouldn't allow that to happen. I would understand your bottom a/n about Jasper's POV better if it had been months and months of them dating. However, they'd only just started within the month, so no, he's still wrong in his actions. Even with his age. Perhaps his Alice can talk some sense into him in the background. If Jasper wouldve allowed one of them to speak, then they could've said they hadn't told anybody yet. Not just leaving him out of the loop. Which brings us right back to Edward hiding Bella like a dirty little secret.
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 3/15
What the hell is Jasper's problem? Yes, he voiced his 'concerns' but, it doesn't make them fact. Since Edward only gets Lisle for weekends only, they obviously have a custody agreement. She can't keep his son from him more than what that states. And, if they don't have one, then he can fight like hell to get what he wants and Makenna risks losing more of her son's time than she already does. As for the age, it's ONLY eight freaking years! That is absolutely nothing! Not to mention completely normal. I hadn't realized they had only been dating a month, even though you give the dates at the beginning of each chapter. I'm now wondering if Bella leaves Santa Cruz before this summer even ends? Jasper quitting is way out of line and super childish. Where is THAT coming from? He said he was doing it to help Edward out. Sounds to me he was waiting for the first excuse to bail on him and he just got it. Not much caring for your Jasper in this.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 3/15
These chapters keep getting hotter and hotter. Very, very hot schmexy times in this one. Wow! I don't like that he is closing himself off from her. What's worse, is she is enabling him to do so. Not a good combination for a lasting relationship. Communication is beyond important in any relationship. For him to shut her out, so early on, and her allowing it . . . sets them up for disaster later.
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 3/15
Why haven't they told Jasper yet? They can hold off on her father but, Jasper deserves to know. If anything, for peace of mind in the shop. He still must be clueless though. After her reaction to Makenna taking Edward outside and her watching them like a hawk . . . then her fisted hands when she touched him . . . how the hell is Jasper missing all of this? I really didn't like the way he pushed his way past them talking about it when they reached his house. He falling asleep with a smile and her now having rampant thoughts going through her head. Not fair of him to do that to her at all. Not very mature of him either.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 3/15
For never writing that type of scene before, it read better than most of the experienced writers that I've read, here in the fandom. You did an amazing job on that one. It was hot as hell. More importantly, you captured her nervousness at having never had that done to her before. Very, very good job on that.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 3/15
You really did such a beautiful job on their first time together. It had playfulness, passion, heat and it was very well done. It was sweet that he apologized at the end for not lasting much past her . . . but, he lasted long enough to get her off first and that's perfect enough. Plus, I thought for sure he wouldn't last long enough . . . it had been years for him. Great chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 3/15
I like how they are moving along together. Him opening up to her. Her getting more confident with him. The playfulness of their burgeoning relationship is fun to read. Was very interesting to learn what caused Carlisle's death. Stubborn is a very good word. It also shed light on why Edward surfs at dawn, in lieu of the afternoon or evening.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 3/15
A wonderful trip to his home. Then a lovely trip to his childhood bedroom. I liked that he found her in there and proceeded to have fun with her. Her having fun with him just as much. Teasing each other a little. Then they really had fun together. That was yummy.
6,406 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »