Reviews for Would I Lie to You?
otherhawk chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Really do enjoy this story. I've now read it a couple of times, and I swear I get something more out of it every time, just because the language is quite so *fun*

"Sure, that made it a copper bottom certainty that he was lying - the sort of certainty that you throw your last dollar on and then lift a wallet so you can throw some more bucks down - but it also meant that he could charm the soul out of a stone statue."

I'm just quoting because I really love the line - that whole opening paragraph, actually - and I can see the smile and the look that accompanies it. And the whole section of bad advice that Danny's given Rusty made me giggle too.

And equally, the premise of the story made me smile. Danny talking Rusty into attending a dentist appointment. And I'd be seriously willing to bet that Danny was the one who actually *made* the appointment in the first place too.

It might be short, but it's a really enjoyable read. Hope to see more from you.
daydream53 chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Haha, I loved it! Thanks for writing!
InSilva chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Short and sweet and lovely. Adore the thought of Danny sweet-talking Rusty into the dentist appointment - can imagine Rusty trying to wriggle out of that one - and I love that that's the punchline. That up to that point, it could be about any aspect of work, rest or play. That Danny has a record of spinning the web and that Rusty has a habit of falling headlong into it just because Danny is the architect.

S'brilliant! Thanks for sharing. :)
s.s chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
cute. If you decide to write something more substantial I'll definitly read it.