Reviews for Butterfree
TheEpicBoss95 chapter 1 . 1/21
This is incredibly well written! It even made me tear up a little...
thechinskyguy chapter 1 . 1/18
Why are there onions in my bedroom at eleven PM?

Seriously, this was really poignant. A part of me is wondering if this is game-universe, or anime. But I digress; that's not really a question that can be answered, in my opinion. Because what really matters is the level of attachment and emotion you've created between the protagonist and his Butterfree, something that I haven't seen from any fic in a long, long time. Awesome job.
Motherflipping Oak chapter 1 . 1/17
O-oh man...I think I'm tearing up. Also, boy am I glad that I took my Butterfree to the top back in the day, this hits hard enough as it is and I doubt I'd be able to take it if I had ditched her at some point.

Anyway, this is beautiful. Kudos.
Alucard chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Brought me to tears :) I had a similar experience... Butterfree is still my pokefave forever! _
blazelight790 chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
This hit me... hard in the gut...

You know, if I can recall, either firered or Emerald was my very first pokemon game. And I remember in firered, the first pokemon I ever caught was a caterpie. And I remember Butterfree was like, the god of my team. But then, it started to fall behind my other pokemon, until I ended up using my Butterfree against easy opponents I knew it could beat. It was also the second pokemon (A caterpie) that I ever knew, the first being a pikachu...

Man, that hit me hard.

Even now, whenever I find a caterpie, like in pokemon x and y, or soulsilver, I use it. Butterfree has always wedged its way into my heart as a kid, and when I see a caterpie, I can't help but just use it. And I know that I should be reading this sorta in Ash's POV, I can't help but think of it as in MY point of view. Cause it's so accurate.

Luckily, I never gave up on my Butterfree, since I love it so much... I wish Bug pokemon were a lot stronger, since many people completely disregard them. My older cousin keeps telling me to replace my Butterfree in x and y for something more useful.

You should've seen his face when my Butterfree just barely survived his Mewtwo Y and I finished him off with a Bug Buzz :)
RoxaShadow chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
It's good to know that there are writers as talented as you out there. thank you for your writing.
mexmangafan chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Good story. It really should be more popular man.
n i g h t s t a r d u s t chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
I remember reading this on your site and just kind of dissolving in a puddle of tears. And then accidentally discovering this two years later and re-dissolving. So I should probably say some stuff.

1: You're an awesome writer, and this story was amazing.

2: Should probably belatedly congratulate you. Seeing as I don't know you, this might come off a little weird. I dunno.

3: Lady, what were you thinking when you decided to invent what I hold to be the hardest Pokemon crossword in the world...? T_T

Have a nice day!

Star xx
Trainer Jenny chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
This story was wonderfully sad! It almost made me cry and made me feel guilty about a Nidorina I had during Soul Silver that I had planned to use throughout the game, but instead she was replaced by a Dratini I got after defeating Whitney, and I've just now defeated Blue. I never evolved her or trained like I wanted to, but this story makes me want to go out and train her right now!
Draconic chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
That was positively adorable. It was very sad, but it was still very sweet.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
This was so emotional, I almost cried at the end. I can't believe that poor pokemon is still loyal after six whole years... now I feel ashamed for not playing with my old pokemon games anymore.
Ink-Keeper chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This was beautiful
Pokefan56 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Pssh. A Butterfree can easily take the Elite Four if you give it the right move set. My level 52 Butterfree took out half of them before fainting without any potions. Great story though, Butterfree has always been my favorite.
Pokefan.
elusiveClocks chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This is beautifully written. I particularly liked the ending when Butterfree stayed on as a companion. You brought a nice dimension to Pokemon which the hasn't really been expressed in the games - that Pokemon aren't just creatures that battle for you but living companions with emotions, needs and their own shortcomings.

And that part where Butterfree takes down Brock's Onix single-handed brought back so much fond memories of the time when I played Pokemon Yellow and relied on Butterfree's Confusion.

Thank you for writing this.
PikaBulbasaur chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
This is an amazing, beautiful, bittersweet story. The way you brought up emotion was excellent and I really like this.
-PikaBulb