Reviews for WillOTheWisp
Succinct Disquisition chapter 2 . 9/9/2012
Otaco,

I already had a cookie today but I still hope I am the first reviewer of this chapter. Actually, that is a lie. This deserves more reviews than that.

My overall view of this chapter was a sort of peaceful serenity you get in nature with a small break to show what France was doing. I was in the middle of watching a really disappointing game and Francis' pedophilia ways actually made me laugh regardless of my discontentment. My mom thought I was losing it.

As a reviewer, I did catch probably less than five simple spelling and grammar mistakes that don't really subtract from the message but were worth pointing out to me. You spelled around, aroung near the end and other silly little things like that.

Arthur seems to have aged quite a bit in five years but I cannot judge because my characters do not age normally either. He seemed like a man when he came back but when he left, I was under the impression that he was about six. I do not know why, I just was. I will take it as it comes though since no numbers are listed.

As with the first chapter, I thoroughly enjoy this story and am eagerly awaiting the next chapter,

-Syco-
Succinct Disquisition chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Otaco,

My first impression of this story was that poor Arthur fell out of the tree and bumped his head. That is why he sees all these creatures. Arthur is really brain damaged or something.

Well, I did go back and read through it again enough to wonder what the business the town had and the best I came up with was burying people. It is rather late but it seems the village is rather used to just putting loved ones down into the ground.

I thoroughly enjoy all of the imagery in this story. The music kind of flows through it and ties each scene together. It almost gives the sense of being a part of Arthur. Instead of him being the one to respond to it, it almost responds to him. Not really coaxing him into anything but spurring him forward once he's made his choice. That is just my random rambling.

One thing that kind of confused me and sealed my fat of rereading this chapter and reading the next tomorrow was that the forest seemed to not want him to go with the sprite. Sprites are normally good spirits that tend the forest. Could it have been his own hesitation ensnaring his feet or something more foul. I suppose I will have to read more to decide.

-Syco of the CIF-