Reviews for Waking Dream
guikat chapter 1 . 8/15
Honestly the way you write these interaction has "sexual attraction" written all over it because it's certainly unhealthy to claim ownership of the sort on someone you see as your child. It's a good story but if you didn't want people to interpret it this way you made a poor job of it. This interpretation really didn't come from your readers creepy minds, it's all there in the text you wrote and had any of my highschool litterature teachers read it they'd be all over the sexual interpretation too. Same with the scene with Dash, had I been a teacher barging into a scene like this (a student trying to forcefuly strip another) I would have assumed the worst. This isn't a critique, you have a good writing style but maybe you are not completely aware of what makes it interesting. It's the uncertainty, the vague feeling that the tension there isn't simple fascination. I think it's an aspect you should embrace rather than reject or deny.
Vasiliassy chapter 6 . 6/13
wow it's like butch hartman next level idea in you tube~
Vasiliassy chapter 6 . 6/13
except danny can undo the spell like when he notice something wrong, in freakshow ep. he can do that
jeanette9a chapter 6 . 5/15
wow i really like your creative take on the story and i eagerly wait for you to continue it.
lots of love 3
jeanette9a.
ShadowSymbols chapter 6 . 8/25/2016
Omy goshhh this story is amaaazinngg
KaelinaLovesLomaris chapter 6 . 10/23/2015
Wow, I'm really enjoying this story! I'm confused why it hasn't been updated in a few years, because both the story and your profile say that you're working on it and will be updating it soon...
I really like Danny/Vlad fatherson type fics, the darker the better. So this one is working nicely for me. :)
Glowing Loudly chapter 6 . 4/29/2015
Please update.
I know its been 3 years but its such an amazing story. :3
7536897647356356 chapter 6 . 2/11/2015
Ahk
What a Cliffy *glares*
Ah whatever, I really hope you update soon...
You're one of my favourite another on here.
7536897647356356 chapter 4 . 2/10/2015
Naw, I don't think you need to change it. And yeah, those things with Vlad and Dash honestly did seem to go a little too far, but oh well. You really don't have to think about it that way if you don't want to, but you could I guess if you do...
7536897647356356 chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
Jesus
STOP MAKING VLAD SOUND LIKE A PEDOPHILE
But yeah that chappie was awesome
Amy chapter 4 . 12/31/2014
(Flatly) This update gave me the goose bumps
Seriously though this is a good story
Uzumaki1559 chapter 6 . 4/16/2014
Keep going! Keep going! Its getting good!
LOVE THE CHAPTERS!

But could you put more of Danny's love ones in
Varianta chapter 6 . 2/5/2014
I really like this story you've set up here. I love the characters and the plot is original and intriguing. The Danny/Vlad interaction is great; I'm enjoying the blend between Vlad's scheming and his softer, more emotional creep-tastic I-want-to-be-Daniel's Father side. I'm really feeling for Danny here. He is being played so badly, however I've noticed that the mark is effecting both of them. This chapter ends with a mention of side effects. I bet we will see more of those, but how much of what Danny (and Vlad, for that matter) is feeling is from the spell itself, or those sinister side effects?

Vlad is so stupid. If he supposedly cares so much about Danny, why would he risk Danny's health? Such stupidity is an occupational hazard for a Fruitloop like Vlad.

Changing gears a bit, I noticed a few grammatical errors.

For one, when a character is a addressing another you should use a comma. Whether on not they use an actual name; nicknames apply as well.

For example:

"Daniel, pay attention!" snapped Vlad.

There is a comma after Danny's name. Pretty straight forward. I think you know this one.

"What's up, Tucker?" Danny asked.

There is a comma before Tucker's name even though it isn't at the start of the sentence.

Or:

"You need to look a little closer, Sam, or you might miss something," said Jazz.

This one is a little trickier. Notice that one has two commas before and after Sam's name because the name is in the middle of the sentence.

So...

"Would you like me to drive you home, little badger?"

This sentence doesn't use a real name, but it still needs a comma because little badger is now standing in as Danny's name. Thus, I placed the comma between "home" and "little badger"

Oops. I didn't mean to turn this into a lesson about commas. I don't mean to sound cruel. I'm not, honest!

...At least is isn't semi-colons. I learned when to use them, so I can tell you the rules for semi-colons are ridiculous.

I apologize for letting this review get so long. I'll just end it by saying I really like the plot, your characterization and interaction, but I think you should proof read a little more carefully. Editing isn't very fun, but it pays off.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story!

Varianta