Reviews for Perfect Understanding
LeaniSilver chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Really good story :) You managed to keep them in character much better than writers normally do.

And I think it's "Listen, what I said before John, I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one." So pretty much the same :) Doesn't really matters, the important part is the meaning behind the words. If you wanna hear it:

watch?vhJsW5_7OJds

Beautiful fic!
Sherlock'sScarf chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
"At the moment Sherlock was experimenting, not with him, not with his feelings, but with what it all meant. He was working out what it meant to have a friend, a companion. He was pushing his own boundaries and in his own way working out what exactly John Watson was to him." Nice!

I really enjoyed this one. Thanks!
drjamband chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
so good! and i tried to google the quote but it just came up with this story as the first hit hahaha. sorry! but excellent story! off to scour your other stuff...
theDubliner chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
This was quite good. Quite good indeed. I was wondering when I'd find a decent Sherlock story, and I think you've captured them rather nicely. Myself - I don't see John doing quite so much thinking, but readers needed that step by step process. Your choice of quotes was ideal and your (or rather, John's) reflections were poignant and heartfelt. I particularly enjoyed the last scene with Sherlock mumbling his foolish explanations for why he had to come to John's bedroom, and John in THAT scene - kissing Sherlock's thumb, THAT is very much John Watson to a tee - doing without thinking. Brilliant - thank you for this.
MixedMedia chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
You were nearly there - "I don't have 'friends.' I've just got one."

I think everyone characterises John and Sherlock differently for exactly the reasons you outline, and because different genres require slightly different character portrayls. You've done extremely well for this genre, so congratulations ) x