Reviews for Hearts Intertwined
Alex chapter 5 . 6/1/2017
I don't see why Ennis can't wear his wedding ring with him. He has his cover story and in that he is still married, just lied about Lilly being his daughter.
At least he will have something tangible to remember Jack with out in the open, unlike his photo where it must stay hidden.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/1/2017
Such a sweet and heart wrenching chapter. I notice you put a twist on one of the quotes from the movie, "Love you so much I can hardly stand it."
Guest chapter 2 . 6/1/2017
I like how you managed to incorporate some of the quotes from the movie.
Different context but still just as sad.
Jo chapter 1 . 3/20/2017
Hang on, Becky is actually Jack's sister by blood. She even decided to knowledge this with Rose, calling her mama previously. Wouldn't coming to terms with that and actually be Lily's rightful uncle better than her godfather?
I don't understand why you kept going in that direction when Jack having read the newspaper articles himself would know this fact. Why is everyone acting like they are still nothing more than cousins?
Lover of gays chapter 25 . 9/19/2014
Love the whole story especially the ending :)
Mustachio chapter 11 . 6/30/2013
Howdy there!
Firstly, I absolutely LOVE the way that you write Ennis, I feel that you stick so closely to his personality while still giving him a depth we haven't seen in the film or book. Secondly, I love that you based Lieutenant Dan off of the character by the same name in the film Forrest Gump. (At least I hope that was your intention, otherwise, it must have been some kind of fluke.) Thank you for writing a multi-chapter, multi-part fanfic about them that is actually interesting, historically accurate and captivating. Keep on writing whatever inspires you, and NEVER give up.
Rock on. -Mustachio
cacamilis chapter 25 . 6/30/2012
I swear to god, my heart literally swelled as I read that. No joke. :P I feel invested in the lads' happiness, so it makes me grin to see them so obliviously content. Becky's been pissing me off for a while, but you still made me so sad when she died and at her funeral. That's a compliment, btw. You've tied off all the loose ends and I thought that this was a very cute conclusion. :D For some reason you inexplicably force me to lie in bed for hours on end, skipping meals and staying up until 4AM... (Again, a compliment of sorts? :P) Sooo, I'm going to stop talking shite now, and continuing my fic stalking later. ;)
cacamilis chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
It's about time! :P Being no stranger to mental hang ups (or whatever you prefer to call them) from both the lads' perspectives, I think you protrayed the breakthrough moment well. It was believable and true to life (not to mention a long time coming), and I'm glad that they're starting to move on. :)
cacamilis chapter 13 . 6/25/2012
If you could have seen my face when you introduced the bombs... I was like "NOOOOO!" :P You had me scared for Ennis for a minute, but I liked Adam... It's sad that he had to die. :( And when the Jim guy approached Ennis and said that he knew he was gay... I was kinda gettin the heeby jeebys off him. :/ And my heart is physically bleeding for Jack, with all that's going on, especially after that very cruel ending! I'm going to shut up now and go forth to chapter 14.

Sorry for my vague incoherency, I tend to be talking pure shite after 4AM. :)
cacamilis chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
You're just not able to leave them in peace, are you? :P The beginning was very sweet, until you decided to drop that bombshell. My heart was breaking for Jack right at the end, I could just imagine his face. :( I know I've said this before, but your characterisations just make me a tad (read: extremely, unbelievably, unspeakably) envious... They're perfect. Mind-blowingly so. :)
Nevrandil chapter 25 . 5/22/2012
This instalment was so good. I read it through the night and had to work hard not to cry too loud because my husband and daughter where sleeping right next to me.

There were several points that just broke my heart. This was so well written and as the mum to an almost 2 year old (the same age as Lily at the end) I had a hard time getting through Becky's death. *sigh*

So good. Thank you. :)

PS..when you warned about the death, I knew it was Adam. :( Did Ennis ever tell Pete what Adam's last words were? I hope so. :(

Nev
Nevrandil chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Reading this my heart was in my mouth. I never expected 'nam to come in to this but I'm kinda glad it did cos that's what happened.

Nev
Nevrandil chapter 4 . 5/21/2012
Omg I'm crying...I dunno what to say...sobsobsob
nannily chapter 25 . 5/4/2012
I so loved this story and I enjoyed reading it very much. Of course it's sad that Pete and Becky had to die but that's life. It's not fair. What I want to say with this is that I love how comprehensible your story is. Ennis and Jack's feeling when they were apart, Ennis' feelings after the war and Jack's feelings after Becky's death. I'm so glad your fanfiction is not too hunky-dory. The epilogue was awesome. "Seeing" the two in the future... Really nice and sweet. :)
avatar2012 chapter 25 . 3/23/2012
My thoughts on the epilogue:

- Disneyland is in California

- I was kind of disappointed that you skipped over Lily growing up. I was kind of interested in the prospect of ennis and jack parenting.

- I'm expecting that the 4th installment will be their deaths.

Very good fanfiction. Was better than I thought it would be. Eagerly awaiting Lessons in Love and the fourth installment.