Reviews for Gensokyo my Beloved
Guest chapter 20 . 12/6/2014
Poor bastard has no idea what he's dealing with does he? Just going up and talking to the Sleeping Terror like that.
kinigget chapter 6 . 12/1/2014
I must congratulate you on what is so far the most realistic story of this type I've ever read
kinigget chapter 3 . 11/29/2014
I really like what you've done here. Rather than have your Outsider immediately run into Reimu or any other major player, he's just trying to adjust to life in the Hunan Village, something I've never seen before.
Lyore chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
un giapponese alto 1,86 m?! Avrei capito 1,70 o 1,75 ma 1,86 è un giocatore di basket non uno studente. Ma lasciando da parte ciò direi che interessante come fanfiction e non vedo l'ora di vedere come si svilupperà la faccenda.
Zurocha chapter 64 . 8/4/2014
Ah! You delivered as promised!
I sense a "Cordarnit, Yukari!" moment coming here, with the snoring coming from the pendant. Maybe she decided to take a nap on one of her properties in the outside world, and her using the temple as a passageway somehow roused the evil spirits or woke an evil of evils that was buried long ago in the temple?
Maybe the temple does not lead to the outside world, but is a gateway to Makai?
You're right, Fonz. I'm here wantin' for more!
Ombry chapter 64 . 8/1/2014
Really enjoying the story, can't wait to read more. :)
The Strongest Nine chapter 63 . 4/6/2014
Woo! Update!

Aw, I was kind of looking forward to having the Outsiders try to dig their way out of Gensokyo :P

Nice job as always, just a few grammatical errors, although the writing smooths out over the course of the chapter. Excellent job with portraying Kyouichi's feelings of guilt, I could easily relate to it, especially when taking into account that he'll need to deal with all those disappointed people the next day. The build-up to the shit hitting the fan in regards to the Excavation/Incident Solving Group was also done really well, this added to the final tid-bit with Patchouli has left me wanting more.

I eagerly await the next chapter. :)
The Strongest Nine chapter 62 . 12/6/2013
You have no idea how excited seeing this updated made me, went to reading it as soon as I could.

I was kind of expecting this result since all the events regarding the ruins hadn't been resolved just yet, but the way the characters reacted caused the experience to fill me with almost as much grief as it did them. You're still consistent with your characters and their personalities (which I must say is quite the accomplishment after 62 chapters) and your style of writing keeps the story interesting, being able to mix humor into the otherwise serious plot, quite the talent.

Can't wait for the next update, please keep up this quality of work.
Superpengy chapter 62 . 12/5/2013
Quite the development. I was curious about what you were planning after that cliffhanger ending, and now the logic shows through. I calmly await the next chapter in eager anticipation. Keep it up!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 5 . 9/7/2013
Serious, you're writing an amazing fic! First of all, Kyouichi is a good OC; I still have to see how his development will go, but it succeeds in giving me a good first impression, just a normal guy who had the displeasure of getting caught in Gensokyo. At least he survived and it's reacting realistically to getting into a situation he definitely didn't ask for, something most writers of gappy fics tend to forget. He could try his luck in the mountain range in the OW, but I guess this story is more interesting, hehe.

Other thing that I thought it to be different was how receptive the villagers were of outsiders, because my headcanon is not that kind with them, but even so you managed to create interesting characters, even if they might turn into oneshot characters.

It took 4 chapters to see a canon character but I'm not complaining, it's just something that I noticed. Because even in the beginning there is a feeling that you're writing an original work and in the end, it mixes with a fanfic. Also, you wrote an actually nice Reimu, that's kind of uncommon, hehe.

I also found interesting how an older surviving gappy thinks of the stuff. I guess he grew a little bitter, but the conspiracy is something that makes way too much sense. It really gives the feeling that Gensokyo is a fantasy world, but not all fantasies are necessarily good.

The only things that I consider to be a negative thing are the infodumps in walls of text, walls of text everywhere (okay perhaps not everywhere). Too much exposition can be harmful to the reading, I'd suggest trying to integrate elements to the story in a way that appears in the right moment, like things that are common knowledge to the fandom I just skipped. Also, try to make the dialogues a bit more concise. Otherwise, keep going!
Guest chapter 57 . 12/27/2012
All I can say is that I dug the Wild and Horned Hermit reference. Still feel escape plans will fail though.
darkro90 chapter 53 . 9/10/2012
Damn, that was a tight moment of epic battles. I almost hold my breath while reading this chapter. Kudos to you, Fonzi! i hope it continues further, can't wait for the next chapter!
Zurocha chapter 53 . 8/5/2012
Damn! That was one burning wet chapter!
...er-hem!
The story-line's as sharp and captivating as always, and the way you describe the events kept mine eyes glued to the screen as I kept on reading. There were even times when the story got so good that I just had to get up and walk around the house, imagining what would have happened if a certain mind-reader (Meriko of NekoKuro) came by and read Satori, or if a certain dense chap (Ail of Willie G.R.) came by and saw Patchouli all hurt... I think there were times when I inserted my own OCs into certain situations as I played them like a movie in my brain...
The battle was hot, intense, and realistic (I know magic is not realistic, but you get the point...), and when you ended it with a cliffhanger (I think it's a cliffhanger), I was so immersed in the story that I had to stick my face into the screen. That scene where Patchouli seemed to die was a real heartbreaker. Thank Gott, Eirin!
I can't wait for the next chapter... actually, I can, but at the same time, I can't. Have a good day!
-ZRC
RS; there were a few mistakes in spelling, but nothing major.
...oh, and it's wet because of the rain, but dayeh, it's burnin'!
CodyGotKilld chapter 6 . 7/28/2012
Just found this story and it has been quite interesting so far. I'll try and read up to the latest chapter soon and see if this story continues to catch my interest
Zap797 chapter 52 . 7/21/2012
Phew, finally done reading from chapter 1! Now for an overall review...
I'm going to say this right now, I love this story! The chapters are nice and long, the writing is very well done, and you stick to canon really well. The plot is real awesome too!
I also like how your keeping the outsiders really down to earth. Not giving them any form of edge or anything besides what they had from the beginning gives this story an insight on how it would be like for an outsider to be spirited away to Gensokyo. I really like that about this story.
But now I have to wait for future chapters now after reading 52 chapters straight. Darn...

Oh well, I can't wait for the next chapter! Please update soon!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »