Reviews for Like Sand Through an Hourglass
TrueDemigodishness chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Did you capture Eleven's voice? Pfft. Yes! Probably the best capture of Eleven I've read yet. (I really, really liked the Swamp monster bit, that was VERY him.) This was absolutely splendid!
OrchidJen chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
This is such a unique take on their situation, and it actual makes complete sense (or at least in the Doctor's head it does). And even with his optimistic-ish view on it, it still manages to feel very, very sad. Fantastic job!
zoe alice chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Well, this is something quite new in my 11/River excursions. Most people write this subject all angsty and guilt-ridden, which I understand, but I don't think it bodes well for the romance. Whereas this time, he's a bit confused, but he's pretty sure he loved it. And as the reader, for once I don't feel as if he HAS to fall in love because he knows he's going to... he's FREE to fall in love because he doesn't have to worry about how it will end.
anemix chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
What an interesting perspective. I never thought of it this way before, and it flows well with the right amount of humor. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
mericat chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Very good voice of 11. Perfectly in character. Liked this very very much.
chocolatequeen chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
You're brilliant-has anyone ever told you that? It's hard to duplicate voice in something that's really an indirect POV, but you really nailed it here. All we need now is a clip montage of 11/River scenes and Matt Smith reading this as a voice over.

It's more than the voice though. You dug down and grasped some of the hard to understand concepts of the Doctor, like the way the constant cycle of loss affects how he relates to people. It's an undercurrent that runs through every single relationship that he has, the way he distances himself from people and then finds himself pulled in, almost against his will, and then tries to put up the walls again only to fail... There's a bittersweet note to your story that was beautiful, and yet done in the same light-hearted manner that 11 uses to deal with everything.

Absolutely brilliant.