Reviews for Among Ghosts
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I honestly dont know how to read this after the recent update. This story is perfect and just amazing; you are a great author. And it did bring me to tears. I am still so emotional and lost with my feelings because this was just so great but bitersweet. I wont be reading nejiten after this for awhile, exept from you.
bright-rebellious chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
It's beautiful, it really is. It amazed me, how you were able to catch such love between them, I liked it a lot.

Good luck,

BR.
Senka Hitomi chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Beautifully written. An excellent piece of work.
Just Lovely chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I really love how you've portrayed Tenten and Neji's relationship; it has all these nice, romantic qualities and then an underlying layer of loyalty and bond.

The format was organized, I think, especially corresponding to each day's events and displaying first, the loss and hopelessness, and then the hope and relief igniting again.

The whole concept of a Village of Ghosts was brilliant, especially with how you tied it in to be not literally so but with its underlying symbolism.

Beautiful work!
LonelyAsura chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Why are you such a genius? You are probably one of the most talented writers on this site. I loved this story, just like all the rest you've written.
Ekun-Asha chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
If any of us here have ever seen first-hand what an epidemic is like,-not mentioning its spread by mosquitoes- ...

(I can't complete it)

...

Goldberry, thanks for helping to sound further the awareness.

Ekun Asha.
anthropomorphychan chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I'm glad to see a new story from you! It's amazing how just by putting the spandexed duo, the story was immediately made more cheerful. Lovely work as always.
couchraisin chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I LUUUUUUV it
steenta112 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
cute :)
DarkAnonymous324 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Awesome job. This is a great story. Please keep writing. :)

I hope you will update soon.
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
That. That was powerful. Wow. You just have a way of writing that really encompasses the raw soul of whatever you write about. If that makes any sense. Your work is just so (in italics) real, and the manner in which you write these shinobi is just so (in italics) human, it's breathtaking. Every time I read some of your work I'm blown away by the sheer power and life your words bring to both the setting and the characters within it. I can't even describe how much I love your style of writing, how much I love your work.

This fic is no exception. The title is haunting to say the least (no pun intended!) and you did a fantastic job of tying it in at the end. The plot was simple, but completely and totally believable, something I could totally picture happening.

First, you deserve applause for the way you wrote Sakura. She was more of a minor character in this fic, but you wrote her presence in beautifully. She's a kick ass medic for sure, she's strong and one hell of a kunoichi, but even she has a limit, a breaking point. You showed her as human. She is often a miracle worker, but even she can be overwhelmed and exhausted. That fact made the fic more real to me, and I loved it.

One of my favorite parts in this was the way you depicted the relationship between Neji and Tenten. I've seen a lot of fics where both are very OC and the amount of sugar and fluff almost gives me cavities. But this is a portrayal that is so natural for them. That's what I love. It's completely natural. You show the partnership through their complete ease in each others company, Tenten's ability to detect the subtleties of Neji's moods and Neji's letting down of his guard, at least a little bit.

But what really hit me was the part where Tenten was brought in by the villagers. Holy crap. I literally held my breath when Sakura was describing the presence Neji was projecting. For you to be able to do something like that with words, to make me feel like breathing at that moment was an intrusion, to make me feel like I was actually there, that takes skill. Real skill. Neji isn't one to waste words unnecessarily, thank you for writing him with that in mind. All he had to say was "Sakura"...I can't even adequately express how much that hit me.

I also love how you have a recurring bit of dialogue throughout the piece. It's really effective, Neji and Tenten's asking each other "Are you okay?". It's so simple, but it's all they need. Their partnership, their relationship is so fluid, so easy that all they need are those simple words and they just (in italics) know...I can only hope that I find that one day. That kind of easy relationship that can only be formed through the test of time and experience.

This was a fantastic fic, and I never wanted it to end. It was definitely worth a thorough review, and I hope I did it justice! A well deserved add to my favorites list for sure!
dybank chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I was really nervous when Tenten got sick. Also the bleeding thing sounds horrible but really likely to happen in a small village...

Gai's and Lee's arrival was beautiful! Full of energy!

Thank you for another wonderful story!

Contagion inspired...?
I.Deal.In.Dreams chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Your writing is just so strikingly beautiful that I can't help but sigh in wonder. The second I saw the author alert in my inbox, I knew that - despite the fact that it was 11:30 on a school night - I would be clutching my laptop with held breath and pounding heart and whirling mind as I read this fantabulous story! And OHMYGOODNESS YOU ARE SO AMAZING. I love your writing style, your characterization, your creative plots...everything is simply spectacular. I really liked the contrast between bright, cheery Gai/Lee and the sad, eerie feel of the Village of Ghosts. But what took the cake was the dialogue exchanged between Neji and Tenten - so few in words, but so potent with meaning. The running theme of asking after each other's welfare was wonderfully written...it brought a smile to my face every single time. Thanks for writing such a remarkable story!
Sempiternus chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
You have gift for descriptions. I could literally /feel/ myself in that village, the unbearable heat and lazy yet tension-filled atmosphere layering atop dimming hope. It was magnificent, the way you transported me. I loved the haze surrounding Tenten's fainting, as well - how we didn't know anymore than she did what was happening to her, whether or not she had that dreadful disease. And then the how Tenten waited for Neji to return, to make sure he was surviving in more ways than one, at the end of each night. Those were, among many other layers subtly inlaid into this fanfic, some of my favorite moments.

Thanks for sharing this story with us - I enjoyed it immensely.