Reviews for Shizuru's Prelude
damn unique chapter 4 . 1/8
First and foremost, I've been reading this story because of the idea to write something similar to Natsuki's Prelude. I've enjoyed every chapter of it so far and didn't find any inconsistencies that annoyed me. When I read Chapter 4, I was very surprised that you mentioned my name and that you're a reader of my stories. In my opinion,your story is an undiscovered gem here and has by far not as many reviews as it deserves. I have stopped writing for Mai HiME because of the rising flames from guest reviewers and missing support of the real fandom. Yet, stories like yours make me want write for Mai HiME again and maybe one day I will. So far, I will stick to my original (very much Mai HiME character inspired ;-) ) stories.
Anyhow, I suppose you abandoned this story at some point. I've not read chapter 5 yet, but I can imagine that it was not intended to be the last chapter. It's a shame really. This story could have gone on for much longer. You've captured Shizuru's and Natsuki's character so awesomely well that I would have wished for the story to continue even through the Mai HiME anime just from Shizuru's point of view. I know the review comes late and doesn't probably mean anything, but if you ever feel like finishing this...do it. I had given up on one of my stories for more than a year and when I picked up where I had left off, my writing and the story got better and better. So, I will keep my fingers crossed that you find the time and will to finish this story someday.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Cute
Guest chapter 5 . 10/6/2012
i really love this chapter i actually thought it was really interesting so plz update soon
BostezoRIF chapter 5 . 10/5/2012
I wouldn't worry to much about what you think of as flaws with your story, it's still quiet lovely. I have read the original Natsuki's Prelude, translated version and while there are some thing that don't match up, it really does not matter. (If you still haven't had the joy of reading it yourself, I remember where I found it and could link it to you easily if you're interested) So try not to hold back when writing new chapters because I would very much like to see this continue. I felt Mai Hime did a really poor job at showing the, I want to say, normal side of Shizuru. You don't get to see much of her till the end and by that point she has already gone over the deep end. Hard to forgive a character for such acts when you don't know that much about her to begin with. I always saw her as someone who struggled as well given how she herself saw her affection as bad.

I write this review though because I noticed you where the author of another story I really enjoyed, Suspended. It made my heart flutter. I want more but as a stand alone it's perfect as it is. Reading FanFics are my little dirty secret.
according2Angie chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
I love how you describe the internal struggle Shizuru holds regarding her status, family expectation, and self revelation. Reito being the faithful friend is most pleasing to read. Thank you.
Fanny chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
I think it's reaaally great! I hope you can continue this soon! w
Guest chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
very nice
bitchynovich chapter 5 . 10/3/2012
not a disappointment at all, nice chapter as usual :D update asap '!
SithKnight-Galen chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
Actually, disappointment was the last thing on my mind when I read this chapter. It was interesting to see your take on Shizuru's family as well as her home life in general. It does add some depth to possible motivations for her actions leading up to and during the HiME Festival. Oddly, it would also explain a few things with the Mai-Otome version of Shizuru as well come to think of it.

So now we are at about the point where Shizuru somewhat meets Kiyohime, which is different than the way that both Natsuki and Mai both met their CHILDs. It also make me wonder if there is going to be more formal meeting/bonding between the two while Shizuru is actually conscious and not having her life put at risk at the hands of some reckless childhood friend. I can see why there is little mention of Shizuru's parents in the main story if, as your interpretation points out, they act like this, I could easily seeing Shizuru wishing to keep her life away from her parents and their attention.

Oh, how I wish I was a fly on the wall for the meeting that is about to take place between the director and Shizuru. Hmm, do have to wonder, with Nagi now somewhat in both Shizuru and Natsuki's lives, does that mean he is also keeping tabs on Fumi/Mashiro and playing games/keeping them abreast of things, or is he steering clear of those two for the moment?
bitchynovich chapter 4 . 10/1/2012
UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPLSSSSS SSSSSSSS
SithKnight-Galen chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
Hey there, I just wanted to write something quick here to help inspire you a bit after reading all four chapters up so far of "Shizuru's Prelude". I must say that you have the development of Shizuru leading slowly up to the events of the HiME Carnival pretty well thought out and it is very enjoyable to read. Not only is Shizuru's development complex and more thought out than just Shizuru "the Lesbian", "the tease", "the psychotic", or "the coolly aloof one"...but this shows just how complex the situation is for Shizuru during the times leading up to the Festival. I also like how you are exploring her relationships with other characters such as Chie, Mashiro, Reito, and even Haruka. I do hope that you plan on continuing this story when you find the time and inspiration. (If it helps any, I also had to go look up a copy of "Natsuki's Prelude" after reading this to see what you were working on/with in regards to this work)
bgcgjn chapter 4 . 2/13/2012
i loved this chapter

please continue fast
a 'me chapter 4 . 2/12/2012
Nice chapter! I like how you introduced Akane into the storyline. The interaction between Shizuru and her felt very natural. Shizuru's campaign speech was really good too. I would have voted for her. Don't feel bad about lack of reviews; you would probably be getting more feedback if you were writing a romantic storyline as opposed to friendship. Personally, I feel this story is great because it's focusing on Shizuru's character development. Keep up the good work!
cf chapter 4 . 2/11/2012
i love this story

please continue fast
ZherryBerry chapter 4 . 2/11/2012
I am really enjoying your story so far. You do an excellent job on creating Shizuru's character and personality altogether. Very well-build and constructed story. I do look forward to your future chapters

Keep it up!