Reviews for The Too Good to Be True Raid
tanda.mif chapter 11 . 1/28/2013
Very interesting to read! I did not understand only - if at Dr. Knigh blood В(III) Rh -, why did not Moffitt offer itself for transfusion, in fact for him the same?
Chandlia chapter 15 . 2/6/2012
Loved the Dietrich epilogue! Things seemed to wrap up nicely, excepting that the Oberstartz looks likes he's going to make a clean getaway back to Europe to do some more murdering (and even that works since it gives Dietrich things to think about). Perhaps the Rat Patrol has a fateful run-in with Rasmussen in the future?

I also wonder about the lordly GS Knight. He must have been pretty horrendous to have Mary Sue leave him. The ever-perfect hair, charmed accent and the unreal English-ness must have wore on her...and MJ did mention to Moffitt that she'd been let down before. I guess she came to the conclusion that Mr. Knight and his ego ideals were just too good to be true. Would that all Sues become as reformed, as human, as she eventually did at the end.

Thanks for the great story!
Firefall chapter 15 . 2/6/2012
Very nice wrap up. Enjoyed the entire nail biting ride. Seems Moffitt is not the only one feeling a bit dirtied by the experience. Loved the relationship between Tully and Moffitt. Looking forward to more stories.
jpercy chapter 14 . 2/5/2012
Is this the end? This story kept me glued to my laptop, LOL You have more stories on the way? Like your style kid
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 14 . 2/5/2012
An enjoyable chapter that ties up loose ends.

Troy, Dietrich, and Bader live to fight another day. You deliver poetic justice for MJ, and provide an explanation for her bizarre behavior.

Best of all, a nice Tully/Moffitt bonding moment at the end!
charlotte ruskin chapter 12 . 1/29/2012
Yay 2 chapters and so worth the wait. Nice to see everyone getting better but what is up with MJ? You capture the characters so brillantly it is like watching an episode. So looking forward to more! Thanks so much!
Chandlia chapter 12 . 1/28/2012
Nice double post! A small typo: I think you meant conscience instead of conscious in Chapter Eleven? MJ's actions now seem either very evil or very benevolent...and I'm strangely leaning more towards the latter now.

Wait. Am I joining the MJ fanclub...! Noooo!

Thanks for writing. _
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 10 . 1/26/2012
Yay! Moffitt was brilliant, to arrange to get help from some of the survivors of the virus. And Somme's plan to help the stricken men actually makes sense to me (and I was very glad to see he had brought a couple of universal donors along). I understand that when they were developing the vaccine for the respiratory syncytial virus, which is very dangerous to infants, they used antibodies from the blood of pediatric nurses, who had all been exposed in the course of their work.

Somme's story reminds me of what happened to some of the volunteers who worked with Walter Reed in his quest to find the cause for the spread of yellow fever.

And now LeFeuvre's fanaticism is explained, to some extent. Now the questions remain: just where the heck is MJ, why did she leave, and whose side is she on, anyway?
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 9 . 1/22/2012
This is so good...you have me wondering just why Moffitt sent the guys back to town, and just what the cure he has in mind will entail...

Has MJ been faking her illness? It looks as though Moffitt has a pretty clear idea of what has been going on, but like any good mystery writer, you aren't letting us in on the secret.

Dietrich's exchange with Moffitt was revealing. It reminded me of the time he told Troy of the treacherous American doctor, when said doctor was about to give Dietrich a fatal dose of morphine.

I'm just hoping Hitch and Tully have enough gas to get to town...

I'm also wondering about the intravenous solution that has been given to the three sick men. Has it been helping, or prolonging their illness? I wouldn't put anything past MJ at this point.
charlotte ruskin chapter 9 . 1/20/2012
This is such an intruiging story..so sad too, to see so sumch suffering. Great story
Chandlia chapter 9 . 1/20/2012
Ahahahaha...and the other boot drops! There were moments in the early part of the story where this story might've merited a humor/parody category for the sheer creepiness of Dr. Knight (or is it Night?) but I guess we're now firmly planted in the drama part of the story. I have to admit though, I'm kind of hoping we'll get a reprise of some of Knight's beatific qualities before the end so readers can appreciate her character all over again.

I like how you made the disease reminiscent of the Spanish Flu. For a 'Problems in World Politics' I wrote a paper about a global pandemic, so I can tell you all about cytokine storms, ARDS, and how having an overly healthy immune system can occasionally be a liability. No doubt MS, MJ, has all this scribbled in her notebook.

Looking forward to finding out how things turn out (and hoping all the guys, including poor Bader) make a speedy recovery. Also: my favorite part of the story - Dietrich really does dream about Troy. _ Thanks for writing!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 8 . 1/18/2012
Wow, that was intense. Although LeFeuvre's "combination of antibiotics" was a little suspect to begin with. Antibiotics, in the plural? In 1942? Please. Penicillin wasn't even available to the vast majority of the world at that time. Plus, since when do antibiotics kill viruses?

Anyway...glad the maniacal Frenchman is out of the way. And hopefully MJ will be able to work some magic in her desert laboratory before she and the three patients succumb. Maybe she'll survive long enough to find a cure for AIDS too.

Love how Tully is a tower of strength to Moffitt. But Moffitt is still a little too susceptible to this female who not only got him drunk but doesn't hesitate to use her feminine wiles to get what she wants.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 7 . 1/16/2012
So nice to see a new RP fic, especially one as well-written and suspenseful as this one.

I confess that I thought MJ was indeed too good to be true, and that she would turn out to be an archvillianess...but it would appear that the Frenchman is the bad guy after all.

Which just goes to show that extremists are dangerous no matter what side they're on.
charlotte ruskin chapter 6 . 1/15/2012
Terrific update! The story is so dramatic; hoping everyone is going to be ok
Firefall chapter 6 . 1/15/2012
Wow, getting rather intense. Moffitt does rather well at being distractedly undistracted... I have a feeling things are going to get rather dicey, you've got a lot of things going on in this, on several levels. If I were Deitrich and Bader I wouldn't want to turn my back on the Frenchman, no telling what else he might do if given an opportunity. Of course they don't exactly have much reason to trust MJ either, given their earlier experience with her, and now their fate is in her hands. Still tuned in, same Rat time, same Rat channel! Just don't start taking commercial breaks or time for station identification. With no apologies whatsoever :)

Firefall