Reviews for The Dark in Peace
Daerwin45 chapter 1 . 4/26
Any updates coming great story
Eight7Seven chapter 12 . 2/25
That would be an extremely awkward situation to be in. Questioning your best friend of eleven years the night after sleeping with his younger sister about the murder of his mistresses whom he's been cheating on your other best friend with. You really know how to mess with my head Endless!

The only theory I've been able to come up with about the culprit involves Luna and/or Hermione killing one or both victims. I really hope I'm off the mark and their are other clues I just missed.

Thank you for posting this story.
Eight7Seven chapter 11 . 2/25
I'm glad that Daphne seemingly isn't involved with Draco. I'm still not sure she has nothing to do with the case though. Draco was a lot less assertive than I had expected. I would almost describe him as world weary here, though coming down the the law office's of th MLE could explain that for an ex-death eater.

I enjoyed the banter during the dinner date quite a bit. I'm also looking forward to what clues might arise from the search of the apartment.
Eight7Seven chapter 10 . 2/23
I feel like I'd be a terrible detective. Ten chapters in and I have no ides towards the means or motive of the killer. Though I'm not quite convinced Gemma was killed by the same perpetrator. I had on odd theory that Hermione might have discovered Ron having an affair and iced Gemma in copy cat fashion to try and cover it up.

So far Harry's second dates look much better than his firsts, though he's about to question Daphne in a homicide investigation on there second. Not sure how that could end well.
Eight7Seven chapter 9 . 2/23
That was one hell of a twist. At first when Harry mentioned the picture I thought he was bluffing after he picked up on the signs that Ron was lying. When it become clear I was thunderstruck. The thing that really peeved me was I thought about Ron when Gemma was talking about the color orange. But without linking him at all with the possibility of being the man she was describing or a potential suspect. Just thinking of Ron's Chudley orange fetish, so close yet so far away.

This chapter was my favorite so far, I had planned to read one before tapping out, but I'm so juiced up that I need to read another.

Thank You!
Eight7Seven chapter 8 . 2/22
Well I can easily say my guess for the second victim and as such the perpetrator were off the mark. I'm honestly starting to find Harry's interactions with the world more interesting than the case. He seems either patronizing or dismissive to nearly every side character in the story. I'm looking forward to seeing if that continues.

The conversation with Hermione was very unsatisfying for me. It seemed much more hollow than I would expect. Even if they see each other daily (which definitely didn't appear to be the case) I'd expect more reaction when seeing your best friend. Also (kind of selfishly) I wanted more news as to Harry's relationship with his former life partners. It almost seems like the only person this Harry is invested in is Hannah. I'm wondering if Harry could be showing signs of PTSD.

Thanks again
Eight7Seven chapter 7 . 2/22
I really enjoy the glances into the victims night pre-murder (that sounds all kinds of disturbing). I'm hopeful my guess as to the identity of the second victim is wrong, that would be all kinds of unfortunate.

Even though Hannah alluded to a possible intimate encounter with Harry I was surprised. I found the nature of their relationship very believable. There doesn't seem to be a lot of work involved with their auror work. They seem to be either talking to people, waiting to talk to people or writing reports. I'm kind of hoping for Harry to get an invite to Ballycastle, to save him from this fate .
Eight7Seven chapter 6 . 2/22
The plot thickens! It was interesting seeing the battle of Oxford from a second viewpoint. I was under the impression that Harry was already a working Auror at that point with a veteran partner, but that wouldn't have added up timeline wise. I wonder why I had that impression.

Harry seems fairly awful at first dates in this story.

Thanks for another chapter.
Eight7Seven chapter 5 . 2/21
The morning after wasn't as cute as I had hoped for. It was probably a lot more realistic though.

I'm nearing the half way point and I'm starting to realize that the story seems to still be in the very beginning stages. I had assumed that it was already finished, just simply shorter than most of your other stories. I'm hopeful that when I reach the end I'll be able to walk away content with the story.

The Masque of Chicago was an enjoyable experience and it didn't seem as if it was a completed story. Though I only read it the once and that was nearly two years ago, I may be mis-remembering the details.
Eight7Seven chapter 4 . 2/21
I liked the bit about Ginny here, it made me smile.

I really enjoyed Hannah's portion of this chapter. The scene where she interviewed the
Medical Examiner with the knowledge that the ME will need to be oblivated after was a little interesting. It brought to mind two scenes from Men in Black. I wonder what the effects of repeat oblivation would have on someone. It would also be odd to respect someone who you encounter in your work semi-regularly but be unable to form any kind of working relationship.

I found Harry's choice to lie to Daphne very odd. It would be uncomfortable to have not mentioned that Pansy had died, but I don't think he'd have been allowed to. I'm fairly sure the authorities have to report a death to the victims family before notifying anyone else. Harry mentioned to Hannah that Daphne might cancel the date when she heard the news, yet he told Daphne that the connection never occured to him.

The image of them "sleeping" together on the first date was rather cute.
Eight7Seven chapter 3 . 2/20
As I've said to you before, Luna is my favorite character in the Harry Potter universe. It was interesting seeing her here. She seemed very different from my recollection of her in the QWC. This version of Harry continues to surprise me, his reactions and idiosyncrasies seem unique to this story.

I never asked you about this perception of mine, but I've always assumed your "cast" (no idea how to better phrase it) was fairly defined. That the reason for the slight deviations between the individuals when they're first introduced in your separate stories are mostly due to age. Watching each version of your Harry or Daphine develop from their introductions due to the events of that story has always been fun for me. I'd play a little game where I'd try to guess in my mind how certain things would change them. Now I'm starting to wonder if I've been wrong all along.

I really liked that Harry has the Yew Wand as his clutch piece. It's pretty empowering in a creepy sort of way. Using the wand that killed his parents (and himself) as a tool to protect the wizarding world. I had a day dream of Voldemort in ghost form grimacing as Harry using the Yew Wand to levitate toys around Teddy's crib.

I liked how you wrote the Parkinson's reactions. I was wondering how older former (or current) blood purists would react to their daughters body being found in a muggle park.
Eight7Seven chapter 2 . 2/20
While this chapter should have seemed darker than what I'm used to from you (with the introduction of a potential serial killer and the conviction of a pedophile) it didn't strike me that way at all. Daphne seemed a little different than I presumed, I'm looking forward to some further interaction during their date.

I'm unsure what to think of Hannah so far. I'm interested in learning more about this version of her character. I don't remember her standing out in your other work. I'm enjoying the pacing of this story. The chapters seem smaller and events are progressing much faster than I expected.

I'm going to try and review every chapter of this story as I go along, I can only remember doing that once before, so I'm unsure what the quality of each review will be. As this is the final unread multi-chaptered story I have left to read from you I wanted to try this out. Though as word of warning the first time I decided to review every chapter in a series the mods took the it down. I just might be the kiss of death.
Eight7Seven chapter 1 . 2/20
I found the prologue/introduction scene captivatingly eerie. It was definitely the highlight of the chapter for me. I also found it very entertaining to try and put together the clues alongside Auror Potter. I liked the foreshadowing of the minor details in this chapter, hopefully my guesses aren't to far off the mark. I have no idea as to the greater mystery, but who Ginny might be dating and how the lovely Miss Greengrass is earning her paycheck (in the DiP) are mysteries I feel qualified to tackle.
Antor2001 chapter 12 . 2/14
I loved the Crime aspect of the story, it's realistic and has the right amount of noir to it. I really liked Daphne and Hannah as characters and felt really sorry for Hermione :(
I'm sad I'll never know who's the killer but life is sometimes a cruel mistress...
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 12 . 12/11/2014
Damn, this was great. There are not many fanfics that feature HP as an adult auror, and an even smaller number of them are competently written. This is one of the few, in my opinion. Well written, nice mystery, and you have assigned a gritty quality to your plot and characters that makes it more realistic.

It was a good one. Hope you get back to it some day, cause I really want to find out who the killer is!