Reviews for Rest, Remember
Celebrien chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
It's been ages since I read this series (one of my favorites), so the details are *very* hazy for me-but this is fantastic! :D Now I am definitely going to give the series a re-read, thanks for the motivation!
AntaresTheEighthPleiade chapter 5 . 8/31/2012
*rejoicing* You're back! I've missed you. :)
The kid version of Alfred was utterly adorable and completely how I pictured him. He would just hang out around books all day, wouldn't he? Yes, yes he would. But that just makes it sadder that everything happened to him. Even falling in love with Orla is bittersweet.
Then the dragons. The dragons! I love the concept of the dragon he saw on Arianus serving as his inspiration. There's great symbolism there. One also wonders just what it was that Lya saw in him. I think I know. I just wonder how she knew.
Come on, Coren. Wakey wakey. You can do it!
Tayin chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Thanks for writing this! There is a terrible shortage of Haplo/Alfred on the Internet. You are a very talented writer and I hope you decide to continue this fic!
Sky's Penname chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
wow this is the best thing I've ever read. The author obviously knows what he/she is doing and is very talented. I especially love how Alfred was portrayed, I really felt an emotional connection.
AntaresTheEighthPleiade chapter 4 . 4/13/2012
Something tells me that this will never be reported to Xar. At least, I really hope it's not reported to Xar (please tell me that that's not a plot point. Because... there's something wrong with that).

Also, they are both very, very confused right now. That's normal for Alfred, but I don't think Haplo likes it very much. Nope. I don't.

The 'flashback' was great, so in character for both of them. And it was sad, too- I actually teared up a little while reading it. Poor Haplo. Giving up is Alfred's job, not yours. I'm just glad you recovered.

AntaresTheEighthPleiade chapter 3 . 2/27/2012
*bows in worship* Wow. Love it. LOVE it.

"Is that so? A man who risks his own life to save yours? Then this enemy of yours is certainly unorthodox." I hate Kleitus (he's mean and kind of creepy), but that line you gave him was awesome. "Unorthodox" is the perfect description of Alfred.

Also, the memories- it's always a bad sign when people start to hallucinate, but in this case, the hallucination was actually a good thing. And of course Alfred would go and look at them one last time, because that's just who he is. And of course Haplo would have no idea what Alfred was talking about with his whole 'chosen' spiel.

As always, amazing. I hardly even care that you've been gone a month- this makes me forgive you.

Silver Sandals chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I absolutely adore this and do hope you continue. The world needs more Haplo/Alfred fics (though I must say if I ever write Death Gate fic it'll probably be Haplo/Alfred/Marit, because a ship's apparently not obscure enough unless I'm -the only one shipping it-, ha.) Well done. 3
Teldra chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
Oh wow, was quite happy to see a Haplo/Alfred story! Rare indeed! Can't wait for more :)
AntaresTheEighthPleiade chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
How right you are. Alfred most definitely should have been in Elven Star.

I think that Haplo and Marit's first meeting is described rather differently in Into the Labyrinth. Marit crawled into a cave after a long, hard day of trying to climb the world's most evil climbing wall and pretty much stumbled into him. But I love the 'complete circle' thing; it's a nice little bit of Patryn culture.

...though it's pretty depressing that most Patryn culture boils down to, "I shall help you not die in the hopes that you will do the same."

Mir chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
There's certainly a shortage of Death Gate stories on this site, and yours is both thoughtful and well written. You adeptly capture Alfred's longing for an unrecoverable past, his uncertainty / lost blundering through the present, and his dread at what Haplo's identity might mean for the future.

Looking forward to see the characters' interactions further into the series as well :-)
AntaresTheEighthPleiade chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This was beautifully written. I normally don't read slash, and I really prefer the canon pairings with these two, but I'm going to pretend that this is just really good friendship and keep reading.

A couple of things: What's a lake doing on Arianus? Water is so rare there that they use it as money. Also, I'm pretty sure that Lya was spelled Lia.

Oh, Alfred, I feel so sorry for you. I want to hug you and... and... Why, yes, I am one of your fangirls. How did you guess?

Oh, dear. He's just run screaming to hide behind Haplo. His friend.