Reviews for A Madman's Reminiscence
Boston chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
The writing is terse, which isn't a problem so much as it helps to dehumanize the subject. Instead of deep insights into Riesstiu's psyche, it seems that the author is trying to relate without sentiment. This helps to confirm the Emperor as an inhuman creature, above and yet lesser than the "mere mortals" that he rules. I might enjoy a little more elaboration, but the detail is as much as the source material can support.

Thematicaly, it explores one of my favorite aspects of the Homeworld universe, the nature of the Unbound. I really enjoyed the author's exploration of the nitty gritty details. And again, the fact that Karan's character is more of object than person plays well to the twisted protagonist.

Finally, I just wanted to say that the flash of brilliance: Riesstiu replaying the footage of Kharak to torture Karan, that was simply inspired. Entirely keeping with character, and truely horrifying to consider. Makes me want to go play that final mission and jam an Avatar-class heavy cruiser right up the Taidani flagship's main construction bay.

All in all, very nice.
Daisuke's Wings chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
The is really excellent. There is an unfortunate lack of Homeworld fanfiction on this site. Thanks for adding to the list.