Reviews for Traveling Soldier
k1942 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
A sad, sweet little story about what's been happening as long as there have been people and wars. Guess it will always be that way.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I loved this Bella. The bows, the handwriting, a Bella I'd want to know. Heartbreaking, love it.
BELAVERA chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I remember Vietnam well, and I remember many soldiers that didn't make it home. I had a friend who went, he sent me an engagement ring from there. My mom was a lot like Renee. Then my fiance didn't come home. I could not stand it! I was 22 when I ran away from home, she was too mean for me to stay. I met my husband in church and we were married 7 months later. I was blessed, many were not.
BELAVERA chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I am old enough to remember the grief that followed the visit, or notification of the death of a Vietnam soldier. My husband was in the Navy at the time, but not in Vietnam. What some of the American people did to soldiers that were doing what they were told was terrible. People didn't support the war much, but we should have supported the drafted soldiers. Before I met my spouse, I had a fiance in Veitnam. I wrote him every two or three days & he was scared, like a lot of them were. Terrible things happened over there. Many of the vets came back injured & thanked God that they came back all, because so many were sent back to be buried in the family plot, or in a National Cemetary.
How.does.this.work chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Brought tears to my eyes - i hardly ever cry. Thank you for sharing
Darcyfan14 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
OMG SO SO Sad.
allthingsHHH chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Kills me each time I've read it!
Burntcore chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
oh my goodness... I had so thought he was going to come home ... well, I guess he did, but not in that manner. Poor Bella. So sad that this happened to so many women.
bonz245 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Well that was really beautiful and so very sad...thanks.
First Death chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I cried...
kmfroggi chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
so sad! and true. loved this o/s and loved the song
CdrIvanova chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Oh my ... this was so sad. Well written ... thank you.
Angeldolphin01 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
It's so sad that I cried but I love it.
NotTooOldForThis chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
SO-O-O sad! I need somethng fluffy now.
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
What a sweet and tragic story. I love that they had a moment of happiness before the war killed him.