Reviews for Never give up?
Elanor-G chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
As a stop smoking adviser I love this story, you have captured the difficulty and frustration in quitting and to do it cold turkey too.
a pretty little liar chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
You know, this is an interesting concept. At the time that the series was developed, less was known about the dangers of smoking; I think it was more of a social thing.

It's not a common theme to include a scene with the boys smoking (here on FF), but like you said, in the series, it was fairly common. That's interesting to me, because I guess I've always thought the boys would all have had the same general mind frame as Gordon had here; they were strong, fit, active men, who were upholding a humongous responsibility. I would think they'd do anything they could to remain in tip-top health - working out, eating right, getting enough sleep if rescues allow it - and easing off of the alcohol and smoking (not to say that casual drinking is horrible).

Of course, that all coincides with the knowledge we have now about cigarette smoke, etc. But, in the future, they'd probably have even more knowledge about this stuff... yeah?

Plus, I've sort of formed this picture of a primped Scott in my mind; someone who wouldn't smoke, because of the immediate physical side effects that could occur (smelly clothing, stained teeth, changes to the skin). I don't think he's prissy or anything like that, but it's kind of a general thought that he's one of the most physically active of the boys (in terms of perfecting stature), and cares about his physical appearance most (at least, from the stories that I read, that's a general consensus!)

Anyway, great job! I liked the little snippet about how Alan just being Alan was setting Virgil on edge. I'm surprised he wasn't setting off Scott, too (fights between those two are usually... entertaining...)
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
yeah i liked this story. tried to leave you a wee review for it from there so i don't know if it worked. well it is good that it is up here.

keep on writing and keep up the great work

lots of love

Jo xx
Xenitha chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Good story, Pen. I'd always wondered what it would be like on Tracy Island if they all quit smoking. (Shiver) Scarey. I like the relationship between Scott and Virgil, from the sniping like an old married couple to Scott's peace offering. Very nicely done.

Now, how are you going to get them off the booze?