Reviews for Alternative Solutions
Meteoricshipyards chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Very well done. I miss that show. (Of course, while it was on, I missed most of the shows because my wife didn't like it, but whatever...)

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.
fantasyinmymind chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Delightful. I liked the way things worked out.
Nyiestra chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Wonderful job! This really read like an episode. You have their particular mods of interaction down pat.
JandDkraz chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
well i read, i love and i could definately see this on the show, if not all at least most and btw, you are keeping us in the dark. did Sam REALLY walk into the door? Hmm, I'll wonder as I continue reading more stories from you. Nicely done and I hope to see more soon.

magnolia chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
I really liked this. It read just like a real West Wing script to me. Very in-character, with the people and the general feel of the show. And I love how it was Margaret's quote! Great job.
BenRG chapter 1 . 8/29/2002
I'm typing this review as I read, so pray pardon if it seems unstructured and a bit random.

Firstly I have to say this: "Your future, Donna! I am not having a sex change!" XD That is so funny and /so/ Josh! I could see it happen in an episode. I could also see all the staffers in the Bullpen staring at him, mouths hanging open.

Leo and Bartlett's exchange about the mystery quote also makes me laugh. How typical of the President to boil something down to its' most uncomfortable fundamental aspect: "It makes us look unprofessional." "Because we tell the truth?" Then the comment about making up wiht Abbey: "I need a strategy." "Or a personality transplant." XD

I like the Charlie/Bartlett banter a lot. Charlie's good-natured confusion and willingness to do the job even if he doesn't understand it is completely in character.

"You might also let them know that the White House Deputy Chief of Communications has difficulty walking through doors" "It's a real red-letter day for this administration." XD

I loved the bit with Sam and Toby brainstorming. That is another moment that I could clearly see in my head.

I might have got a bit repetative typing in quotes and how much I liked a bit, but this was a wonderful story. In fact, I could have seen this as an episode of The West Wing. Such a wonderful story. Well done for your hard work!

BenRG's Rating: 9/10
jesssica rosethorn chapter 1 . 7/15/2002
ahhH! for once a very good ending for a west wing episode! very realistic, i love the dialogue! etc..etc... i really like how for once they seem to give money to the right place...and that abbey and the president make up! cute..
denbigh chapter 1 . 5/21/2002
hahah. this is a WICKED story. i love the whole story, especially the chocolate brownies. i'd love to see it on TWW
AndYourPointIs chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
Nomad, that was FANTABULOUS! You got the voices down for everyone, had the wit rolling out left and right, and you got Margaret in there defending Leo! Yay! I loved the whole thing with the chocolate brownies as well. Maybe if Sorkin continues his writing downward spiral, we should petition the show to get you a part time writing job at least.
Anais chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
This was fabulous. Fun, quick, witty, smart. It felt like a *real* episode. I loved this line by Josh: "Because we can never have too many witty women." Truly, this was a wonderful read.
nefret24 chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Perfect as usual. Loved the president with Charlie- poor him! not allowed to sample the produce after saving the White House from a possible fire :) And J/D was lovely, not to mention Sam's unfortunate... er... incident. Another great job- you never fail to impress, amuse and entertain!
CPP chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Nomad, your stuff always rocks. Hilarious, and sounds just like the real thing.
katie chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
okay, can so imagine this as a real episode! I think is this fantastic. you captured the voices perfectly.
Perri Smith chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Witty and quick; I could hear the voices and see the pedeconferencing. Awesome job, nomad!
Ark chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
That was good! You really do have a wonderful ability to capture the characters perfectly. Keep up the great writing!