Reviews for The Importance of Cauldron Thickness
Madrigal-in-training chapter 1 . 10/24/2015
This is absolutely adorable, and I love the hook you used to draw readers in: "...and attempts to regal her with fairytales about cauldron thickness." The part where Percy was happy about being Dominique's favorite uncle was also very touching; it shows a glimpse of the insecurity he must feel at being labeled the 'boring Weasley brother'.
meldahlie chapter 1 . 1/8/2015
Now that's a gem...!
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I loved it! It was hilarious :) My favourite story of yours so far.
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Aww, this was so incredibly cute! :D I had a huge smile on my face and still do. Dominique as a child was really adorable and Percy being the inexperienced baby sitter who does as the little girl commands, I just went 'Aww.' Ha ha. This was really well written and very enjoyable to read. Most of the time Percy is portrayed as the boring one (I do that too), but you gave him a different personality altogether here and that was very nice to read.
Also, Dominique was a perfect kid. Her interaction with Percy and her initial unwillingness to let him babysit her because he was boring, was all well written. And in the end, when she changed her mind - that was so cute.
I'm going to favourite this one. XD
Smeagolia chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Aww I really loved this. Percy always gets passed off as no fun and always serious, and apparently all his nieces and nephews think so too. I'm glad that Dominique learned that me can be fun too. My favorite part was when Dominique said that Percy was her favorite uncle and Percy smiled. I could almost feel how much that would touch his heart. Loved it so much!
conjurewithrisk chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Now I'm imagining how insane it would be if all three kids were together, and with George watching them. Little kids, fireworks, magical pranks... it's a very good thing that they were split up. I would hate to see the property damage.

I love how you're written Percy as this really awkward uncle. It's hilarious to see him think of stories like the cauldron thickness. That was pretty clever of you, and it brought back many memories of my dad doing the same. And then you have Audrey mentioned :-) The best part would have to be comparing Dominque to Molly. In my experience, there is rarely a difference when a little kids ask about a relationship status vs a mother's.

I think what I like the most about this is how we rarely see Percy unwind. Little kids, especially. This gives me a more appreciative look concerning him.

Great job!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
ahaha, this was hilarious!

i loved your characterisation of percy, and the way he seemed to just be completely flailing at the thought of anything to do with children like play time and story time. poor thing had to look at his own ministry reports for story inspiration - i'm sure george and ron could have told him that they wouldn't work ;)

domi is lovely - definitely an accurate portrayal of a four-year old in my opinion, though her language may be a bit too advanced. the way it's so easy for percy to change her mind about things, especially her feelings about him is perfect - very like a young child!

it's probably a good thing domi was the one to find the heels - imagine percy if it had been one of his brothers! i have no doubt they'd have gone for 'crossdessing' - they don't seem like the kind to think he could ever land a girl :P

this was lovely - well done! :)
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Percy is in character and still quite likeable, and it's very hard to make him be pompous and nice, so well done! This is quite funny too, keep writing!
SchwarzShifter chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
3 I like Uncle Percy }
still kat chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I loved this, it was so adorable! I actually found myself leaning over in anticipation when Percy was about to tell Dominique the secret. Another really cute thing was the bit with Charlie and the dragon, you wrote it very naturally :D

I must admit that when Domique found the heels, for a minute I considered whether Percy was a cross-dresser.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Awsome! I do love me some percy and you did him beautifully. The little bot of insecurity at the end was aweosme i loved it. Dominique was absolutely adorable. I felt sort of bad for percy when Dominique was going on about how she wished she got to stay with Uncle george instead. Great story very cute!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Wonderfully sweet. I love the fact that Percy maintains a bit of his pompousness, but that we also get to see his caring side. And little Dominique is adorable!
rainbow-khan chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
awww...this is o sweet. *insert fangirl squeal8. This is exactly how i though Dom would feel and its nice having people appreciate percy. Nobody likes him.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
D'awwwwwwwwwww!

This was absolutely adorable! I really loved your Dominique and Percy, they were perfect! The cauldron bottom thickness was hilarious, as was the whole story! I loved the middle child conversation, and adgjkkgdsk the bedtime story!
RiverPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Aww that was cute! i love Percy's cauldron thickness fetish, and the bonding between these two is so sweet - Percy is so often the left out sibling, so it's nice to see him find common ground with the other middle child. And it's also nice to see him pull his head out of his arse and play with Dominique and tell her a decent story.