Reviews for Associations
IonitaMircea32 chapter 1 . 4/6
This was very well written and touching. It really showed the depth of Holmes' and Watson's friendship. Bravo! :)
The All Real Numbers Symbol chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I'm glad you posted this to FFN. I found this just the other day on LiveJournal and I was hoping it was over here so i could put it on my Favorites list.

I think Mary gets the short end of the stick a lot in SH related fics, so I like how you portrayed her in this piece. I think you have everyone in character, and I like the Hurt/Comfort of it.

Excellent job!

The All Real Numbers Symbol
inubaka88 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Loved this! Thanks for posting :)
Aeryn Lavanthia chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Really engaging! Very good indeed
IHeart2896 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Wow. Such tragedy and suffering holmes and watson have to go through. I cried hard at this little story. Poor Holmes, been through so much. Good work
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I love these three... well normally I'd hate Mary but I really like her in this.
Phoenixhp5 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
awww, how sweet! absolutely loved every second of it!
Scarlett's Fics chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Owww, what a lovely story ! I absolutely loved what you've done with Mary's character, she's so sweet, innocent and helpful. I liked her in the movies, but I've always thought she was really underdeveloped as a character (and Kelly Reilly as an actress), it's kind of frustrating... But in your story, she was just perfect, exactly the way I imagined her to be. Her interactions with Holmes were brilliant, I feel that's totally how the movie characters would behave in this situation. (All three are perfecly in-character, by the way.)

I also liked Watson's "anger" at Holmes for making everyone think he was dead and then suddenly coming back ) The whole narration was very well developed ; I loved the way Holmes, reluctant at first, gradually accepts to confide himself in Watson and Mary about what exactly happened with Moriarty (which, you're right, Watson didn't know ; I always figured that he did, but actually, unless Holmes told him the whole story, Watson would've had no idea ; he just heard the screams, nothing more. Which is even worse, in a way - hearing your friend scream in pain, not knowing why, and not being able to do anything about it *shudders*).

Back to your fanfic - generally speaking, I really enjoy stories where Holmes is just "honest", being himself without his usual mask of cold cynisism and casualness (which is awesome too, mind you). The whole Moriarty-meat-hook-Die-Forelle-experience must have been highly traumatic, and I guess even Sherlock Holmes wouldn't joke about it.

Well, I could go on for ages telling you how great your story is, but I'll just stop here and read it again ) Well done !

[Just a little remark about the tenses you used : the whole story is written in the past tense, but some verbs are in the present tense, you might want to correct them ) ("...and together they barely breathe...", "It *isn't* until the end of the following song that Holmes *shudders* and *takes* a deep breath..." Other than that, it's very well written.]
mikesh chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
aww, how sweet of them to do for Holmes!
GrimmXEchelonXShipperXNut chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
That scene was heart retching! Ugh. It's been forever since I've seen it, but it still gets to me.

I liked how you had Mary along. I like her much better then Irene.
darke wulf chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Fantastic story! I especially love the interactions between Mary and Sherlock. Absolutely heartwarming. Thank you for sharing!
Rei6 chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
That was perfect! *_*

Great work!
Kichi Hisaki chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Aww, that was cute. Mary is such a wonderful person! :)
Mulder chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Thanks for this story : )

It shows , for what friends re for and gets some of the " bad taste " away from Mary .

I like the idea very much , that someone wpuld help Holmes out of the trauma of that horrible hook - scene . . .
Mega3 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Well done - true to the movie characterization and a very nice coda to the film.

I would love to see this continue...if you are so inclined :)