Reviews for In The Blood
gaul1 chapter 11 . 2/19/2013
Good chapter, byes
Hortensia chapter 11 . 1/10/2013
Well executed story, but the end was too abrupt for my taste. It feels like you decided your pre-set maximum had been reached, so you just left out the rest. So I’m happy to see the sequel is already up and I hope you’ll tell the whole story there! Well done on this one too, though.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 11 . 11/18/2012
I found this story after looking at "Lord Potter's Own Will" to see if I wanted to read it. :) It is not bad, but I wish it had a better ending. It feels kinda like watching a movie that's missing the last 15 minutes.
As for matching Harry with Ginny, that is a choice I would never make. I am not a fan of matching Harry with Ginny! There is nothing really wrong with Ginny, I just think there are better matches for Harry. Hermione, Daphne, Susan, & Tracy spring to mind.
Harry needs a “smart” mate to keep him out of trouble. :) I have no problem with any of them.
I also think Fleur & Tonks both are too old to match to Harry. While Gabrelle is too young. And Luna is the younger sister he never had! I think Ginny is also more like a younger sister. I have seen various stories matching Harry with all of them and some with more than one at a time! :o

JimS
TLD110166 chapter 9 . 11/18/2012
Interesting story. Who is Albus, if he isn't who people think he is? Also, private of their rooms, should be privacy of their rooms.
V. L. Crawford chapter 11 . 9/29/2012
I really enjoyed this but I wasn't crazy about the ending.
deanec64 chapter 11 . 9/16/2012
wonderful :-) thanks for writing this. hope to see a new story soon!
Teufel1987 chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
Quite:Harry nodded, not sure if Sirius was speaking to him, or what he was speaking about, having never Apparated.:End Quote

He just apparated to Ireland with Sirius and Remus the day before … did he forget that so quickly?
Teufel1987 chapter 7 . 9/7/2012
You said the Weasleys did not get membership because they weren't originally from Britain but a part of France … so how did the Malfoys get in? They came with the Norman conquest in 1066 … hell, their NAME is French!
Mariann's chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Parchment is made from goats' or other animals' skin, not wood pulp - that would be paper. Modern paper is normally completely wood free, too.

Other than that - good start.
Jimbocous chapter 11 . 6/14/2012
As always, thanks for a great read!
sirius009 chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Much better, the story finally has a little bit of depth, and even if the plot hasn't distinguished itself from the thousands of other stories like it, the writing has, there are no glaring spelling/grammar mistakes, but this chapter does seem sort of like an info dump where Myrrdin is simply telling Harry everything, but I guess that's the only way you can really write a chapter like this.
sirius009 chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
It's very fast passed and cheesy, I can't help but think the story needs a lot more development.
Anna from Montreal chapter 7 . 6/5/2012
Lovely story you got there. In particular, I like the explanation you've given for the Malfoys' attitude. Such an action, taken by an ally, would sour anyone's character. Furthermore, that kind of explanation always makes a lot more sense than the usual "they're evil, they're Malfoys" shortcut.

However, I'm a bit confused. In chapter 2 (I think) it was mentionned that Merlin had to teach a Malfoy about 30 years ago and found him lacking in many ways. If the Malfoys were excluded from the circle at the time of Sirius' grandfather and by his action, why would Merlin teach Lucius ?

I might have missed a subtle detail as English is not my first language, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could shed some light on this for me.

Many thanks,

Anna from Montreal
alix33 chapter 11 . 5/3/2012
"The witch who assisted Patrick began singing, and others soon joined in. Harry recognized the tune, although the words were unfamiliar. His ear was now accustomed to Welsh enough to recognize the song was in the ancient language, but what words were sung he had no clue. He did start humming along, figuring it was better to make some sound than making none." - I reckon the humming was a good call until Harry knows Welsh.
alix33 chapter 10 . 5/3/2012
"Muriel Prewett, Ron and Ginny's great auntie. After spending a few minutes with the woman, Harry decided he'd never met anyone quite like her." - Anyone quite like her good or anyone quite like her bad?

"Furthermore, paperwork came across my desk late last night. Mr. Black has apparently been given asylum by the Magical Republic of Ireland." Harry and Sirius looked at each other, trying not to show the surprise the statement caused them. Maggie had obviously been busy after they'd parted ways yesterday. "They can't grant him asylum," Robards complained. "He isn't Irish. Our treaties state that the individual must be at least part Irish." "Well, you've not studied my family tree then, Gawain," Sirius said with a bit of his mocking charm coming through. "I am one quarter Irish, through my paternal grandmother, Melania McMillan." "You can't go without a registered residence," the Auror sounded desperate to find some way to stop Black from moving out of the Ministry's reach. "He has somewhere to live," Harry piped in. "We have both decided we're going to live in my family home near Killarney. Sirius is my legal guardian, and while I will be considered an adult after the ceremony, I don't think it would be wise to live alone at the age of fifteen. He will do his best to keep me in line. "Well then," Kingsley's deep bass rumbled over the whispers and murmurings of those who had gathered, "it sounds as if there is nothing we can do. Mr. Black is under the protection of the Republic of Ireland's magical government." - Way to go, Maggie and Harry.

AW! Harry's parents were very sweet.

And grandpa Potter was fantastic, vouching for Sirius.

And the things Andrew Potter said about Sirius was sweet too.

"Harry was able to hug his family one last time before they disappeared into the sky. The departure didn't hurt as much, as Sirius had told him of the portraits which existed of them all, as well as many other Potters. Harry would be able to converse with family whenever needed." - Yay! for those portraits and the opportunity to talk to his real relatives for Harry.
117 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »