Reviews for In The Blood
Teufel1987 chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
Quite:Harry nodded, not sure if Sirius was speaking to him, or what he was speaking about, having never Apparated.:End Quote

He just apparated to Ireland with Sirius and Remus the day before … did he forget that so quickly?
Teufel1987 chapter 7 . 9/7/2012
You said the Weasleys did not get membership because they weren't originally from Britain but a part of France … so how did the Malfoys get in? They came with the Norman conquest in 1066 … hell, their NAME is French!
Mariann's chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Parchment is made from goats' or other animals' skin, not wood pulp - that would be paper. Modern paper is normally completely wood free, too.

Other than that - good start.
Jimbocous chapter 11 . 6/14/2012
As always, thanks for a great read!
sirius009 chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Much better, the story finally has a little bit of depth, and even if the plot hasn't distinguished itself from the thousands of other stories like it, the writing has, there are no glaring spelling/grammar mistakes, but this chapter does seem sort of like an info dump where Myrrdin is simply telling Harry everything, but I guess that's the only way you can really write a chapter like this.
sirius009 chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
It's very fast passed and cheesy, I can't help but think the story needs a lot more development.
Anna from Montreal chapter 7 . 6/5/2012
Lovely story you got there. In particular, I like the explanation you've given for the Malfoys' attitude. Such an action, taken by an ally, would sour anyone's character. Furthermore, that kind of explanation always makes a lot more sense than the usual "they're evil, they're Malfoys" shortcut.

However, I'm a bit confused. In chapter 2 (I think) it was mentionned that Merlin had to teach a Malfoy about 30 years ago and found him lacking in many ways. If the Malfoys were excluded from the circle at the time of Sirius' grandfather and by his action, why would Merlin teach Lucius ?

I might have missed a subtle detail as English is not my first language, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could shed some light on this for me.

Many thanks,

Anna from Montreal
alix33 chapter 11 . 5/3/2012
"The witch who assisted Patrick began singing, and others soon joined in. Harry recognized the tune, although the words were unfamiliar. His ear was now accustomed to Welsh enough to recognize the song was in the ancient language, but what words were sung he had no clue. He did start humming along, figuring it was better to make some sound than making none." - I reckon the humming was a good call until Harry knows Welsh.
alix33 chapter 10 . 5/3/2012
"Muriel Prewett, Ron and Ginny's great auntie. After spending a few minutes with the woman, Harry decided he'd never met anyone quite like her." - Anyone quite like her good or anyone quite like her bad?

"Furthermore, paperwork came across my desk late last night. Mr. Black has apparently been given asylum by the Magical Republic of Ireland." Harry and Sirius looked at each other, trying not to show the surprise the statement caused them. Maggie had obviously been busy after they'd parted ways yesterday. "They can't grant him asylum," Robards complained. "He isn't Irish. Our treaties state that the individual must be at least part Irish." "Well, you've not studied my family tree then, Gawain," Sirius said with a bit of his mocking charm coming through. "I am one quarter Irish, through my paternal grandmother, Melania McMillan." "You can't go without a registered residence," the Auror sounded desperate to find some way to stop Black from moving out of the Ministry's reach. "He has somewhere to live," Harry piped in. "We have both decided we're going to live in my family home near Killarney. Sirius is my legal guardian, and while I will be considered an adult after the ceremony, I don't think it would be wise to live alone at the age of fifteen. He will do his best to keep me in line. "Well then," Kingsley's deep bass rumbled over the whispers and murmurings of those who had gathered, "it sounds as if there is nothing we can do. Mr. Black is under the protection of the Republic of Ireland's magical government." - Way to go, Maggie and Harry.

AW! Harry's parents were very sweet.

And grandpa Potter was fantastic, vouching for Sirius.

And the things Andrew Potter said about Sirius was sweet too.

"Harry was able to hug his family one last time before they disappeared into the sky. The departure didn't hurt as much, as Sirius had told him of the portraits which existed of them all, as well as many other Potters. Harry would be able to converse with family whenever needed." - Yay! for those portraits and the opportunity to talk to his real relatives for Harry.
alix33 chapter 9 . 5/3/2012
"Remus prepared them a supper of lamb stew and fresh bread" - Yum!

"you'll exercise your right to live on your family estate, rather than with the Dursley's, I don't see it being much of an issue." "Have you been to the Estate?" "I have," Sirius replied. "So has Remus. We spent our holidays there." "Where is it?" "Not far from York. Although, that isn't the only house you'll inherit. There's the Potter summer place on the Isle of Wight, the London and Cardiff row houses and your grandmother's childhood home in Ireland. It's a lovely little cottage near where we were shopping today. Oh, and there's the house in Godric's Hollow." Harry looked dismayed at the prospect of owning the home his parents died in." - And to think the Dursleys only allowed him a cupboard under the stairs and then the smallest bedroom in 4 Privet Drive under duress.

"As they ate, the older pair regaled Harry with stories of his parents and grandparents." - Yay! for those stories.

"Remus said as he directed platters of toast, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms, a bowl of black pudding and a pan of bangers to the table. There was coffee, tea and pumpkin juice to wash it down." - Yum!

"Friendly teasing accompanied the meal, making the men feel like they had family." - AW! Can't Harry or Sirius adopt Remus, so that they really are family?
alix33 chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
"Sirius fired a Patronus and a moment later a woman appeared. Sirius introduced her as Margaret Mary Catherine Imelda O'Lachlan, although she told Harry she preferred to go by Maggie." - I would want something shorter too if I had such a long and formidable string of names.

"Harry had bought himself some interesting books, new self-inking quills," - I ADORE it any time any of my favourite Harry Potter characters gets to buy books and stationery.

"Remus and Sirius. The last two gifts were difficult as the adults wouldn't let him out of their sight. Maggie had convinced the two of them she wanted to share stories about how Lily Evans had helped her learn to put on make up and do her hair their second year. Neither man wanted to share in such memories, and agreed to let Maggie chaperone Harry." - I hope Maggie really does tell Harry those stories, as he knows so very little about his parents.

"When y'er readda ta get ta fair trial an' be free, jus come tell me. Believe me, my ministry would love ta stick it to da English," she said before she Disapparated." - I wish Sirius would take up Maggie's offer.
alix33 chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
"Minerva was headed out of the room, when she stopped to speak with the headmaster, who had remained in the doorway throughout the excitement. "It was probably wise you did not join us," she quietly said, looking into his eyes. "It was," Albus replied. "They will learn soon enough I am not who they think I am. I'd prefer to let their innocence last as long as I can." Minerva nodded and walked away." - I am now nearly bursting I am that curious about why McGonagall said that to Dummbles.
alix33 chapter 5 . 5/3/2012
"It frustrated Harry how Ron so often spoke without the benefit of thought, and that he was obviously jealous of Harry. The dark-haired boy never understood it; he wanted none of the things Ron coveted in his life. Harry had considered telling Ron he could have it all - the fame, the money, the price on his head, the headaches from his scar - if he could have another day with his parents." - Ron's not thinking and his jealousy pisses me off, never mind just frustrates me!

"the girls made sure Daphne felt welcomed, even if Ron continued to be a git. Harry was rapidly losing patience with his friend. He didn't like it when he and Ron weren't speaking to each other, but petty ignorance and bigotry weren't things Harry could tolerate from anyone." - IMO, somebody should shove a boot up that ignorant Ron's arse.
alix33 chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
"Harry went over everything he had learned today, reviewing the notes he'd scribbled for himself. The more he reviewed the more questions he developed. Twice he'd almost opened the tapestries and asked Neville if he knew about this or that. While Myrddin didn't say he couldn't tell his friends, Harry was hesitant to speak without permission. Wondering whether he could talk with Neville or not did bring an idea to Harry's mind. He decided he would ask Myrddin at the beginning of the lesson tomorrow." - I am so glad to hear Harry took notes. He will have to charm them or something so they do not get into the wrong hands, though. And I do hope Myrddin does give him permission to talk to Neville about his special lessons.

Yay! for Neville being included in the lessons.

Yay! for the prospect of that salacious story Sirius is going to tell.
alix33 chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
"The estate of your family has been presided over by a designo custodia or custodial designate." "Someone has been handling this for me? Who? Why didn't I know?" Harry disliked the feeling of being a chess pawn moved about the board. He wanted to know why this person hadn't come forward to tell him about all of this. "Your great-great grandfather, Eldon Obediah Potter. His spectral visage has been consulting with the goblins to ensure the financial obligations of the Noble and most Ancient house of Potter have been fulfilled." - Bless great-great-grandfather Eldon!

"may we start with a history lesson of sorts?" "I hope you don't put me to sleep," Harry said under his breath. He must have said it loud enough, however, as Myrddin began to chortle. "I should hope you find my demeanor and elocution superior to your History Professor. His monotony is infamous." Harry joined in with a hearty guffaw at the astute characterization of Professor Binns." - OK...
111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »