Reviews for In The Blood
alix33 chapter 9 . 5/3/2012
"Remus prepared them a supper of lamb stew and fresh bread" - Yum!

"you'll exercise your right to live on your family estate, rather than with the Dursley's, I don't see it being much of an issue." "Have you been to the Estate?" "I have," Sirius replied. "So has Remus. We spent our holidays there." "Where is it?" "Not far from York. Although, that isn't the only house you'll inherit. There's the Potter summer place on the Isle of Wight, the London and Cardiff row houses and your grandmother's childhood home in Ireland. It's a lovely little cottage near where we were shopping today. Oh, and there's the house in Godric's Hollow." Harry looked dismayed at the prospect of owning the home his parents died in." - And to think the Dursleys only allowed him a cupboard under the stairs and then the smallest bedroom in 4 Privet Drive under duress.

"As they ate, the older pair regaled Harry with stories of his parents and grandparents." - Yay! for those stories.

"Remus said as he directed platters of toast, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms, a bowl of black pudding and a pan of bangers to the table. There was coffee, tea and pumpkin juice to wash it down." - Yum!

"Friendly teasing accompanied the meal, making the men feel like they had family." - AW! Can't Harry or Sirius adopt Remus, so that they really are family?
alix33 chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
"Sirius fired a Patronus and a moment later a woman appeared. Sirius introduced her as Margaret Mary Catherine Imelda O'Lachlan, although she told Harry she preferred to go by Maggie." - I would want something shorter too if I had such a long and formidable string of names.

"Harry had bought himself some interesting books, new self-inking quills," - I ADORE it any time any of my favourite Harry Potter characters gets to buy books and stationery.

"Remus and Sirius. The last two gifts were difficult as the adults wouldn't let him out of their sight. Maggie had convinced the two of them she wanted to share stories about how Lily Evans had helped her learn to put on make up and do her hair their second year. Neither man wanted to share in such memories, and agreed to let Maggie chaperone Harry." - I hope Maggie really does tell Harry those stories, as he knows so very little about his parents.

"When y'er readda ta get ta fair trial an' be free, jus come tell me. Believe me, my ministry would love ta stick it to da English," she said before she Disapparated." - I wish Sirius would take up Maggie's offer.
alix33 chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
"Minerva was headed out of the room, when she stopped to speak with the headmaster, who had remained in the doorway throughout the excitement. "It was probably wise you did not join us," she quietly said, looking into his eyes. "It was," Albus replied. "They will learn soon enough I am not who they think I am. I'd prefer to let their innocence last as long as I can." Minerva nodded and walked away." - I am now nearly bursting I am that curious about why McGonagall said that to Dummbles.
alix33 chapter 5 . 5/3/2012
"It frustrated Harry how Ron so often spoke without the benefit of thought, and that he was obviously jealous of Harry. The dark-haired boy never understood it; he wanted none of the things Ron coveted in his life. Harry had considered telling Ron he could have it all - the fame, the money, the price on his head, the headaches from his scar - if he could have another day with his parents." - Ron's not thinking and his jealousy pisses me off, never mind just frustrates me!

"the girls made sure Daphne felt welcomed, even if Ron continued to be a git. Harry was rapidly losing patience with his friend. He didn't like it when he and Ron weren't speaking to each other, but petty ignorance and bigotry weren't things Harry could tolerate from anyone." - IMO, somebody should shove a boot up that ignorant Ron's arse.
alix33 chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
"Harry went over everything he had learned today, reviewing the notes he'd scribbled for himself. The more he reviewed the more questions he developed. Twice he'd almost opened the tapestries and asked Neville if he knew about this or that. While Myrddin didn't say he couldn't tell his friends, Harry was hesitant to speak without permission. Wondering whether he could talk with Neville or not did bring an idea to Harry's mind. He decided he would ask Myrddin at the beginning of the lesson tomorrow." - I am so glad to hear Harry took notes. He will have to charm them or something so they do not get into the wrong hands, though. And I do hope Myrddin does give him permission to talk to Neville about his special lessons.

Yay! for Neville being included in the lessons.

Yay! for the prospect of that salacious story Sirius is going to tell.
alix33 chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
"The estate of your family has been presided over by a designo custodia or custodial designate." "Someone has been handling this for me? Who? Why didn't I know?" Harry disliked the feeling of being a chess pawn moved about the board. He wanted to know why this person hadn't come forward to tell him about all of this. "Your great-great grandfather, Eldon Obediah Potter. His spectral visage has been consulting with the goblins to ensure the financial obligations of the Noble and most Ancient house of Potter have been fulfilled." - Bless great-great-grandfather Eldon!

"may we start with a history lesson of sorts?" "I hope you don't put me to sleep," Harry said under his breath. He must have said it loud enough, however, as Myrddin began to chortle. "I should hope you find my demeanor and elocution superior to your History Professor. His monotony is infamous." Harry joined in with a hearty guffaw at the astute characterization of Professor Binns." - OK...
alix33 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know the Potters were a Noble and Most Ancient House. You're like royalty!" Ron said rather loudly, attracting the attention of Ginny and Neville who had sat down recently, although they'd been ignoring the trio. "It doesn't make him royalty, Ron," Neville retorted. "It just means his family is really old. The Longbottoms are a Noble and Most Ancient House as well. Gran said there are things I'll need to learn, and some responsibilities and stuff, but it really doesn't mean anything." - It pisses me off that Neville's gran at least told him some things about it, but nobody said a peep to Harry.
xoRetributionox chapter 11 . 3/2/2012
Awesome story! I do wish it was longer, but then that would have taken some of your time and creativity away from your other stories, and the promise if a sequel works for me. I definitely can't wait to read it; I have so many questions, like what Is Dumbledore hiding? Hehehe. I eagerly await June 1st!
myscus chapter 11 . 2/11/2012
I'm really enjoying this, I was a bit afraid of cheesyness when merlin and the round table got brought up but it's don't very nicely. I'm curious as to why you picked peel, isle of man, was it a random choice or do you know it?
Charmedfanforeva chapter 11 . 2/6/2012
Loved your story. Exciting to wonder just what is ahead for Harry and Sirius. Just what the black cloud on the horizone was and the black shadow. Can't wait until June for the sequel.
Arnel 63 chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
My curiosity got the better of me and I had to check out your alternate ending. I like it much better. Great story, Mutt!
Stephanie O chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
I really liked Xeno Lovegood in this...and love the new magical creature he's chasing after... billygiget? Very appropo for the Lovegoods! :)

Great story, and so intriguing! Can't wait until June! :)
RRW chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
Really good...can't believe I feel bad for the Malfoys, and the thought of Harry/Ginny makes me want to hurl...but a truly thought provoking fic. I wonder if Harry will be able to use his saving people skills to help others that have been wronged like the Malfoys in Avalon. This all or none is just not fair.
ubetiburn chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
I have just found and read your story from Chapters 1 through 10 and have to say (using chapter 10 as an example) that your chapters seem to end when you are tired of typing or writing. You brought up Dumbledore (and in chapter nine the death eaters)and then after a couple lines if that mention nothing more about them. I have always beleived that if you bring up a thought or line of thought in a Chapter, that you should end it properly or until it is followed through.

Hope to see more and hopefully the chapters might start to lengthen (again).
EmlynMara chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
You're really going to leave us like this until June? Cruel and unusual punishment. I'm so glad Sirius has options now and he seems to be doing so much better. Harry is in the same boat. He needs a sense of belonging of continuity. Nice tie in with his primary school too.
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »