Reviews for What it Takes to Come Alive
Breezy chapter 30 . 3/22
I've been reading this story in little spurts over the past month or so. It's been a great escape from work. I've been meaning to leave more than just that one review I did ages ago but being on mobile and all...
So, I absolutely loved this. Even before I began it I've always been a fan of your stuff, as I've said before.
But I was not prepared for this chapter. I didn't know you killed off McCalister! I cried. Not even going to lie. I'd gotten so attached to her and Jake. If you were out to shatter hearts, congratulations. I guess I'm a little grateful to find out this way. I could have stumbled up on her active death! But gosh. Was not prepared.
I suppose that means you're an awesome writer, if you can get this sort of emotion from your readers.
Hope you're doing well.
Take care and thanks for this story, heartache and all.
Kiss of the Breeze chapter 6 . 2/19
It's been a very long while since I've browsed your wonderful archive. I started reading this last night (morning?) and it all came flooding back about how much I love this overlaping universe you've created and your awesome original characters.
This chapter, though... This chapter almost had me in tears. There's something terribly bittersweet about watching the rapid flow of time. Leon and Tifa's fruitful marriage and all their children and grandchildren. There's something uniquely heart-wrenching about it. Everyone growing old, life in the twilight years, after all they'd seen and done in a war effort. Puts me a bit in mind of the book "The Greatest Generation" by Tom Brokaw. I guess stories like this just remind me of mortality, and though theirs were lives well spent it's just another example of how everything eventually comes to an end.
But of, you've captured these little windows so perfectly! And it ends on a light note. After the scene in the hospital I was so afraid you were going to have the last scene be one spouse remembering their departed partner fondly or something. I really /would/ have cried, then.
Geez, I'm only on chapter six of this thing. You've got a whole lot more fun in store, huh?
Hope you're doing well!
Highflyer123 chapter 12 . 1/20/2014
Lemme guess, Leon is like anikin sky walker?
Highflyer123 chapter 9 . 1/20/2014
When Donald starts quacking random stuff, I just imagine him saying random swears
Highflyer123 chapter 6 . 1/20/2014
Lefa Forever!
Highflyer123 chapter 3 . 1/20/2014
I loved the skinny B!tch part
Highflyer123 chapter 2 . 1/20/2014
As far as I've heard, Titanic the movie deserved this humiliation. (I've never seen it though)
Highflyer123 chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
No, Cloud. We are not letting you off that tire until we KNOW you won't attack anyone.
dracielgrocks chapter 30 . 11/29/2012
I don't really know what to say. I've been reading this and TM1Y and I wasn't expecting this. So she is really ... well bloomin' heck! It's a really good chapter and even if I didn't really like the ending I can't say it isn't good if not amazing. Wait, maybe she isn't gone gone maybe she's just missing. Curse me and my hopefulness!
WishingDreamer5 chapter 30 . 10/7/2012
Is she...? :'( Because if she is, that would break my heart forever...
It's a whole lot to wake up at this and I think it's the first time that you managed to shatter my heart into a billion pieces, without glueing it back together with a happy ending... which is why I'm not sure if I liked it. Sure, it was brilliant, like always, but I'd rather I could go back in time so I didn't know aboout her fate. And here I was, picturing some happy ending for her with Jake. T_T
Still, congrats on ending this! This is such an amazing piece! Good luck with your future works. :)
TheMatchingOddSocks chapter 29 . 10/4/2012
Dude! This brighten up my whole day! Though trying not to snigger in a office full of people... was tricky. I think I managed to turn the snort into a sneeze... It was awkward.

Fantastic :')
Sniperrolf chapter 29 . 9/28/2012
lol, A drunk Leon makes really funny stories, doesn't it? XD it's sad to see this great prompt list coming to a close. But I enjoyed reading all of them though. :)
WishingDreamer5 chapter 29 . 9/28/2012
Well, weird or not, you made it work, and how! I love how light-hearted this is, though I'm still curious for the vague parts. And I wonder what Cloud was doing when everyone else was at the ball...
The Sacred and Profane chapter 29 . 9/28/2012
Brilliant! Loved how you had Squall get crocked! Thanks again!
Sniperrolf chapter 28 . 9/17/2012
...That was like...'Way' to crule a thing to do to a guy.
but still freakin hilarious. XD Unlike McCallister, I wouldn't of been able to keep it in, and would of had a long trip to Atlantica. lol