Reviews for From a Mile Away
moxicity chapter 12 . 3/30
Yes! An update! I lost hope of this ever being updated. I've re-read this several times as it's one of !y favorite fanfics, not just Miracle but in general.

I get the feeling that there's more to what Rob and Verchota have been saying. It's just that Rob is much more rational and passive. And with Silky acting that way, things are sure to come to a head.

Thanks for the update!
Lionheart Rising chapter 12 . 3/25
You updated! Yay! Please Mara, go sort out Silky. I love Silky; I love him with Mara. They're perfect for each other. This needs to be resolved. Great chapter!
Keep it up!
-Dryad
Lionheart Rising chapter 11 . 3/7
Hey, I realize it's been about a year and a half-ish since you updated, but I just wanted to say that I really like this, and if you ever finish it, you'll have a reader! Mara's a great character; very believable.
-Dryad
PadfootCc chapter 11 . 4/7/2013
Love the story! please update again soon!
moxicity chapter 11 . 7/12/2012
I'm not a huge fan of hockey but I am a huge fan of Miracle. I got to watch it again recently and have been reading the fics on the site. Since yours was recently updated, I figured I'd leave a review to show some support.

I really like the story so far. Most of the fics have the girls related to Herb, Craig or Doc, so I'm glad to see something a little different from that. I think it's also great that, while Mara and Silky are the central couple, there's also of Nora/Baker and Kelsey/Bah. I think having the other two couples around adds another layer to the story as a whole and helps things along.

I hope you manage to update soon. You're doing a great job so far. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Danielle chapter 10 . 3/7/2012
I absolutely love this story and I cannot wait for more!
nhines7 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
i just finished reading and I love it! I love all miracle stories and have basically read all of them (there isn't that large of a selection), so when I saw a new story I got so excited. it's definitely one of the best on the sites and probably one of he only ones not discontinued or on hiatus, so that in itself makes it worth reading. keep up the good work and I'll be o. the lookout for new posts!
SeaKat01 chapter 10 . 2/12/2012
Great chapter, really felt all the tension going on. Like all the references to the vultures and look forward to seeing what happens with them. The moment at the end sets things up nicely for a little antagonism in the future as I'm sure most of the boys get the wrong idea.
SeaKat01 chapter 9 . 2/12/2012
Read this a few days ago, but then wasn't able to review. I liked this, it flowed well and the encounter with the proud mothers made me laugh. The way you bring out the interactions with everyone makes me envious, that's what I find hard with my writing.
kit59 chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
Really love the story, very well written- feel like you are foreshadowing a potential relationship with Robbie, if Silky turns out to be a joke, which could be a good plot twist!
hockeychick19 chapter 9 . 2/6/2012
cant wait for more!
vaughnloveralwaysandforev chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
"Well, I don't want to look like a vulture; I want to look better than one" - Loved that line!

I really like this story. I'm wondering what's going to happen as far as Silky-Mara-Mac are concerned. It almost seems like there could be a love triangle.

Regardless, I like how you're portraying Silky. It's interesting and different from how I always view him, so I really like it!

Great job - keep it up!
vaughnloveralwaysandforev chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Nice start! I like how you're developing the characters so far, (even though I realize it's only the first chapter). Can't wait to see where this goes.
SeaKat01 chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
A nice interlude. Your writing style really draws me in and I can picture the scene and the banter they have going. The vultures must be getting rather fed up with Mara, Kelsey, Nora and Gayle hanging out all the time.
hockeychick19 chapter 7 . 1/30/2012
that was sooo cute...cant wait for more!