Reviews for The Trainer From A Far Away Land
OnceUponAFedualFairyTale chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
I really enjoyed this story! It was awesome.
Little Sachi chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
Love it. You are amazing. You're one of the best authors I ever had the pleasure of reading. Please. Update. Soon.
Lia Silverclaw chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
I couldn't stop grinning while I read this chapter. I hope you update again soon but I know a good chapter, especially a long one, can take a while but please update before next year.
Vuurvlieg chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
Sorry for being late with reviewing. But this chapter was Awesome and as far as I'm concerned... the longer the better!

The way you write Ash and the way he is with (his) pokémon is my favorite out of all pokémon fanfiction I've read so far. How you manage to keep him in character while at the same time not putting him down like the series tends to do with every new season is amazing. Now that they actively have LEGENDARY pokémon responsible for pikachu's setbacks though, I'd think Ash would start wondering what is going on... This could after all, no longer be called an 'accident'. Maybe it could be for the sake of N's 'legend'?

Anyway, I really like what we got to see so far. With your story it's like I can almost see it happening. I'm kinda hoping that Ash (or pikachu or any of his pokémon) will tell N about some of their adventures at some point. Like with the legendary's and the way he and pikachu became friends, things like that. ;) I'm also kinda curious what would happen if N ever heard the story of Charizard. That was more of a case of the pokémon abusing the trainer than the other way around after all... :P

I liked the way you showed somewhat the way that Ash tends to put any pokémon's wellbeing above his own. Not that that really can be missed, with the tendency he has to even jump in front of any pokémon attack (including volt tackle that one time!) to protect them. I also liked that point (forgot to say to in earlier reviews) about the fact that pikachu doesn't go into the pokéball even when it would make things a LOT easier. :D
The only real weak point as a trainer I see in Ash right now is his tendency to leave his pokémon behind when going on a new journey. It doesn't fit with the Ash you're writing (and not really with the one in the series either) at all. Can you give a reason? Or possibly some way he's worked things out with his pokémon in any next chapter? Does he have any plans for that day that his partner finally stops being reset after a certain point? Just wondering. I can see Ash traveling forever, together with his pokémon. Forever wanting to see more of them, battling new people. But at some point he should be allowed to advance 'to the next level' so to speak.

Well, you've said that you're more into KHR right now (which is an awesome series I grant you), but I'm still hoping you'll continue writing this. This is my favorite pokémon fic by far, and though I like your other stories, I don't like them as much as this one... ;) So please don't stop writing this story? It's just too good.
LuminousMoonRay chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
Yup! didn't review for this chappy! and since ch.3's didin't send right i'll just re-type it here! (special because I'm not sure if the other sent to youre profile... Owo' This chapter was AWESOME as ALWAYS! Keep up the great work!

You're story is MAGNIFIQUE! BRILLIANT! and though at the beginning you did put (and quot) :"There really aren't any definite pairings but I guess you could take this as NxAsh if you squint. But considering N is a man-child who's pretty much really seeing the outside world/human society for the first time and Ash who is so magnificently naïve that he believes romantic couples are best friends, any context they have is probably going to fly right over their heads no matter what anyone else says or thinks."
and though i do agree with MOSTLY everything you say, *sniff* Q_Q, it's so sad that the two aren't together... hummmm. Did you ever think of maybe making the pairing, but more of a (i don't know) Like a Fluffy, (because you and I both know that Ash/Satoshi is...well... SPECIAL, when it comes to relationships...) Plus you ARE half way there with how you sometimes make them interact! (witch is beautiful by the way! -seriously though, just re-read your chappies!- you'll see what i'mm taking about! XD) I know Darkspider agrees with me said ",But I did cry a bit when I read that this wasn't going to be N / Satoshi pairing but very close friendship works too. (I was whooping when it was announced that N was going to be in the anime and I had shipped these two so hard, too bad there are not a lot of fics or fanarts though.)"
as does 1arigato said " I especially love Ash/Satoshi's very sincere, very compassionate nature"
Many others support you too! just gatta' take the leap of faith! YOU COULD SERIOUSLY BEGIN THE WAVE OF N/Satoshi fics! :D (because that's how it starts you know?)
Anyways, hope you change your mind about making the pairing more eh... Parin-ny(?) And even if you don't, I will continue to support the fic! (It's just to good either-way XD)...
OH! _ one more thing you do know you could do SOOOO MANY plot TWISTS this ida (QUOT) :"The Shadow Triad will NOT be the Straiton Gym leaders here."
other than that though nice job! loooove how you portray you're characters! aaaaand another food for thought! (I'm typing this all as I go since I'm cooking...hehe T_T) Do you think that as the story progresses, Satoshi could begin to DEVELOP his aura ability? Like when he trains the Pokemon in secret Like in ch.3 in the woods, he could be Discreetly trying to get better? it sounds interesting! c: and then it goes with the theory of how some Pokemon are "Forced" into knowing moves under circumstances? Well since Satoshi does get himself into trouble...(A LOT) then at one point when he or his friends is in trouble, in order to protect them he'll make (i don't really know you're the author) but like i GIANT Aura bubble? who knows but you, right? XD
Awesome chapter and I loooove hoe you make them soooo big!
Luv's you!
LuminousMoonRay chapter 3 . 6/9/2013
You're story is MAGNIFIQUE! BRILLIANT! and though at the biggining you did put
LuminousMoonRay chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
""Another unused theory that came up is that Pokemon are perfectly capable of learning and remembering more than four moves. It's the retarded human trainers who can't retain more than that for their Pokemon.""

XD love your theories my good friend! Nice job! (even though this is like a review for ch. 1...) T_T' hehe... go figure...
Voldecourt chapter 3 . 6/5/2013
I love this fic so much! You manage to balance Ash's optimism and childish nature without making him an idiot, or incompetent! And many people seem to find it hard to do this. I also love the way you've written N, as he's one of my favorite characters. I can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the awesome work!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
I really enjoyed this story, so please update soon! And I like your version of Ash, he's still has his childish side, but he also has the side of an experienced trainer that has seen many things and met different people and pokemon. Thank you for writing such an amazing story!
Anonymouse chapter 3 . 5/27/2013
Yesss. I always am happy to find someone who can balance ash properly because he's not stupid but he is childish. Some people try to make him more mature but then they overcompensate and he just doesn't feel like himself anymore. I'm very much looking forward to what you are doing here with N and trying to rationalize Ash. Good luck to him he's going to give himself headaches. :)
Darkspider chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
*claps hands in glee* You updated! I kind of lost hope of this piece of treasure being updated. Lol. But I did cry a bit when I read that this wasn't going to be N / Satoshi pairing but very close friendship works too. (I was whooping when it was announced that N was going to be in the anime and I had shipped these two so hard, too bad there are not a lot of fics or fanarts though.)

I did think that Ash takes too much damage and I always wondered, doesn't he get bruises and stuff? I mean, flamethrowers, thunderbolts, vine whips. I suppose your mention of him using his aura is a really awesome idea. Haha. And the developing friendship (I am calling it bromance though *shot*) between N and Satoshi is freaking awesome.

Can't wait to read more! *happily faves*
random bug chapter 3 . 5/8/2013
so so so cute i love love love this keep it going so adding to my favs i am going to read your other storys to this is just great wonderful job _ one of the greats Pokemon fan fics i have readied and hope to keep reading
random bug chapter 2 . 5/8/2013
i am reaslly loveing this story keep up the good work. the explamations are really nice i will be adding this to my favs. i also like n and how you are think and explaming who or why you did it that way it really helps to undeestand this story i rally like it.
1arigato chapter 3 . 5/8/2013
I am so glad you updated!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is a good manga/anime, I agree, but I always look forward to more chapters for this fic; it is literally the only thing keeping me reading Pokémon fanfiction! I especially love Ash/Satoshi's very sincere, very compassionate nature, Pikachu's loyal actions bred from experience and love, and the observations and realisations made by one around the two. N, I naturally looked forward to reading thoughts from, but you certainly surprised me by getting me hooked to those of Snivy, Zorua, and the other Pokémon, especially when interactions with Pikachu were especially shared and detailed in this chapter.

Keep on writing and drawing wonderful stories from your imagination. Your creativity is making the Pokémon fanfic world go 'round! ;D
Kyu-Momo chapter 3 . 5/8/2013
I can't tell you how happy I was to see the update notice in my email! Thank you for updating and with such a long chapter too! :D

Aww man I find it hilarious that Ash has trouble pronouncing 'N' and N has since given up trying to correct him. heeheehee and Zorua has so much fun teasing N I can't help but laugh! XD

This fic has gone from a "really really like it" to an easy "okay I love this fic now"!
Please please please continue! :D