Reviews for The Trainer From A Far Away Land
readerdreamer5625 chapter 4 . 12/8/2014
See this guy here? With the sparkly, disturbingly huge, beady eyes?

Well, he's begging you, on one knee, to update this story. Look, he's even crying to match.

"N... Ash... Wuaaaa I need more of this!"

See? He's very addicted to this fic right now, like eating delicacy chocolates only to realize the last piece was on the very top of the fridge. He's quite short, so he never quite reaches that place, even with a chair and high-heel stilettos of his mother-

Let's not go there.

Still it doesn't change the fact that he is noisy. Very much so. So for the sake of the rest of mankind who want to sleep at night, can you update? Thank you if you would.

- Letter from the 3rd-Person-Speaking-Dude
Daicha chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
Enjoying how your describing ash
SoulMusician chapter 4 . 11/28/2014
Nice work I'm really enjoying your take on Satoshi's personality and background
Karichi15 chapter 4 . 11/21/2014
This is so amazing! I'm so glad you wrote this! Ever since N was introduced I felt they could have done so much with him but I was really disappointed with the lack of involvement in the anime. He would've been the perfect character to show Ash's bond with his pokémon but the anime just scratched the surface. But this is perfect! Can't wait for more!
Yue no Kitsune chapter 4 . 11/7/2014
the way Dento says about Ash makes me grin like a lunatic! I always believed that Ash does have skills and that he doesn't rely on luck all the time (maybe on the Kanto journey but not much else), and I love the expressions on Iris, N, and the pokemon's faces when they heard what Dento believes is Ash's skills...

love how Pikachu is so philosophical and all that, the way that the others and questioning on how old he is, the questions concerning Ash... its plain awesome!

would Ash capture other pokemons beside what he caught in canon? would some evolve ? what about Ash's other pokemons? would they make an appearance?

I would love it very much if Ash would capture newer pokemons beside the ones in cannon and have his previous pokemons with him as well...this way the Unova pokemons would be able to meet the Sinnoh, Kanto, Jhoto and Hoenn pokemons, teach each other end get to know Ash more through them!

if you decided to give Ash other pokemons besides the ones he got in the anime/canon, could Ash have Deino, Axew, Braviery and Mienshao? I always thought that Ash would benefit with another dragon in his arsenal besides Gible...that and would Gible finally evolved?

regardless...I am truly looking forward to the newer chapters for this story

more power to you,

Yue no Kitsune chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
I ship N/Hilbert(Touya) and at time N/Ash...shame that there wont be a pairing for them both but it seems fine because you make this story so interesting...

I must confess that I really find N's character here very cute and hilarious in his obliviousness and very relieved that you allowed Ash to at least be able to use his Aura one way or another, very nicely done on the scenes and Ash's maturity which I very much praise because, let's be honest, the anime made Ash look like a pansy that he keeps on getting defeated by a pipsqueak named Trip who just started his journey...

I feel more happy to know that i'm not the only one who feels that Ash has been duped by the Pokémon creators when they made him stupid! Honestly! where has all those things he learned and experienced? and I can't believe that he hasn't even won 1 league (orange island does not count)!

I feel satisfied that this story makes much more sense and is actually developing Ash in ways that the cannon/anime forgot to do

I do hope that you would be able to continue this story and that N and Dento and Iris would learn how awesome Ash really is

more power to you

Yue no Kitsune chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
very nice! I actually like how you're not doing the story by episode but by making references and actually making shortcuts and writing the important parts that has relevance...very nice!

N is so cute! I could actually imagine him having a tantrum and showing such childish side and Zorua is such a conniving fox (which he is) for egging N on like that!

looking forward for more updates!

more power to you

Yue no Kitsune chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
it was by pure chance that I saw your story as I was browsing for new stories to read and I must say that I am truly very happy that I was able to read such amazing piece of literature work!

no kidding! this story is awesome, the first chapter alone (like a preview) and the author's note below actually tells me what I could look forward to as the story progresses...likewise, I like how you made it so that Ash could understand his pokemons (pokemons in general), which I highly approve because the cannon/anime actually shows Ash understanding Pikachu both by gestures, slight movements, without words and all that so having Ash understanding Pikachu here makes my day!

I am also glad that you made Ash smarter in your story (your author's note answers a lot of questions that I have), I always thought that with all those years that Ash has in his belt, he should be smarter than what the anime/cannon shows because really! BW actually makes me cringed when I saw the pokemons Ash captured! the only one worthwhile there is his Krookoldile (spelling?) which became a powerhouse!

giving pokemon more than four moves is actually brilliant since in my opinion, the four move-set is ONLY in the GAME, so giving them more move-set is actually common sense!

truly, i'm looking forward to the next chapters after this!

keep up the awesome work!

HikariNoTenshi-San chapter 4 . 11/6/2014
Ugh. Gods help me, I ship them. I ship them -so- hard now. I blame this. I really, really do.
(Lol, whatever, just another obsession)
I really like this. I dig the head-canon that Ash is more philosophical awake than asleep.
I have a question, will Pikachu's Thunder be used at any time in the near future? I feel like that's kinda a huge thing. Like, -huge-. Because that thing took down Legendaries. And I'm kinda wondering how people would react to it.

I await the next update! xD
Saphroneth chapter 4 . 11/4/2014
Dang, this is good. Hope you continue with it. It's nice to see Ash getting some recognition - sometimes it seems like no-one in the Pokeworld watches the news...
Choas Babe chapter 4 . 10/28/2014
This makes me giggle so hard! Because N is lost, lost to the pull that is Satoshi, and he doesn't even realize it. Like Zorua said, N is almost a pokemon himself and Satoshi has a strong connection to pokemon. I love it. And his companions are going to fall over in shock when they find about bits and pieces of his past. I wonder what N will say if/when he finds out about MewTwo.
nero922 chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Pokémon are suppose to have only 4 moves and maybe a few special agilities. Which always frustrated me in the handhelds. I almost never keep none damaging moves.
NavyBlueRiolu chapter 4 . 10/10/2014
By far one of the best portrayals I have seen of Satoshi and Pikachu. Please continue with this story it is really amazing!
Guest chapter 4 . 10/10/2014
Continueeeeeeee
PyruxDeltax chapter 4 . 10/9/2014
Can you add a celibi scene where they watch Ash/Satoshi's adventure (mainly stuff from the movies and tv show) like what happened with Locario or the Celibi Incedent?
Also will any of Satoshi's other pokemon show up?
217 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »