Reviews for The Trainer From A Far Away Land
PyruxDeltax chapter 4 . 10/9/2014
Can you add a celibi scene where they watch Ash/Satoshi's adventure (mainly stuff from the movies and tv show) like what happened with Locario or the Celibi Incedent?
Also will any of Satoshi's other pokemon show up?
ploThief chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
BEST STORY WITH N EVER
seriously, you need to continue this! (if you can)
and i love your thinking/Author Notes, they actually make me step back and see things at a whole new level.
I hope you continue this soon
avocadoenthusiast00 chapter 4 . 9/3/2014
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have said this to you, but I need to reiterate once more. This story is amazing as it brings all of the elements from both the games and anime together. I love the characterization for all of these characters, but more so for Satoshi and Pikachu. Many other stories would set a 2D personality for Satoshi, never letting him grow at a reasonable pace as the chapters update. While some authors would put more definition for the 1-2 characters, you have done the same thing for all of the people in the fic.
It's kind of awkward for me to go along with the "flow" for most fics, but your explanations for Pikachu's regress, the training, and other things makes me happy when I read your story. With the blend of humor, adventure, and side lessons on life philosophy (in the Pokemon world, of course), Dento would agree with me that this story is a wonderful recipe. ;)
Keep up with the good work!
RedLunarRose15 chapter 4 . 8/18/2014
Update soon!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
Yeaaaaahhh... Ash's rematch with Trip. Since you said he'd win some battles he lost in canon, I'm cautiously optimistic, I guess... ((Is this a bad time to mention that that was the episode that killed Best Wishes for me?))

I really like what happened so far, though! Like, how you explained why Pikachu always gets weaker at the beginning of a new region, and how N joined the group, and how he's so damn fascinated with Ash. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Sezu-Ni chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I love this story. Like, a lot. It's kind of great that Satoshi's achievements are being brought out to light. And Satoshi has a lot of stories to tell. I hope he introduces his new found friends to some of his old pokemon. Like Meganium for Snivy or Swellow for Pidove, Croconaw for Oshawott and of course you have to bring in Charizard. He's too awesome not to be brought in. I seriously adore this four chaptered fic and I hope you continue you soon. Please do?
Guest chapter 4 . 7/27/2014
Please update
Felicity Dream chapter 4 . 7/14/2014
I've really enjoyed this. I love N's perspective and how you've been writing him and his relationship with Ash, particularly how he sees Ash and Ash's behavior. I also adored Cilan fanboying over Ash. It's hilarious and cute at the same time. What I'm really looking forward is to their reactions when they find out about everything Ash has been up to in the past! Now that'll be a doozy. Plus, it sounds like they don't realize Ash has been to more regions than just Unova and Kanto, and earned more than eight badges, so it would interesting to read their reactions to Ash's travels.

I also love Ash and Pikachu's characterizations, and can totally see Ash battling Pikachu himself. And there's the mystery of Pikachu to the others -that'll be interesting to see how they find out about that. Zorua is just plain awesome here, and especially when he teases N about being a stalker.

I really hope you'll come back to this and write more soon. It's really great! I've really liked everything and am eager to read more of what you have for the story.
Anonymous chapter 4 . 7/9/2014
This one of the best pokemon fic i have ever read please please please do more I'm begging POV's are perfect the detail is incredible and it absolutely perfect!
Please im dying i neeeeeddd it
cole-lit chapter 4 . 7/5/2014
I really enjoy reading this, especially Cilan's monologue about Ash using food metaphors. It's so amusing on how fanboy-ish he was. And how stalker-ish N is. x3 I'm not usually a fan of pokemon, but this is really an interesting premise and I wonder why didn't they allow the two to meet.

And it's just so sad that Pikachu has to be depowered so many times. I mean after facing so many legendaries and fighting so many battles only to become a weak starter again? That must be frustrating.
Pirata Eli-Sama Nohansen Hyrul chapter 4 . 7/5/2014
good chapter I thought there were couples yaoi N and Ahs
I hope to continue to give more in the future chapters and lemon

and sorry for my English writing-w-UU
rayningnight chapter 4 . 7/2/2014
This? This is art. Art in pure form. Seriously, I haven't read a good Pokemon fic in SO FREAKING LONG and I think you've officially sucked me out of the HP and KHR universe into the Pokemon World. I'm even humming Pokemon (anime) theme songs right now.
Your writing is fantastic, your plot is awesome, and I cannot wait for the company's reaction when they hear of Ash's adventures - and that, no, he doesn't have eight badges.

HE HAS THIRTY TWO (disincluding the one from Cilan/Dento) - and counting.

Will you be explaining why Pikachu (and Ash) have to revert to mediocre levels soon? I think I get the gist of it (something about Zekrom? So maybe the Legendaries strip "foreign powers" from new arrivals?) but it'd be nice to have an explanation (and crowd reaction, because I'm loving their reaction to them finding out that Satoshi isn't actually a complete moron, and if there's more shock/awe/disbelief, I think I might just *squee* when you next update).

And don't get me started on the characterizations. Although I've only seen one episode of Black and White (...I was too disappointed with it that I kind of just stopped watching Pokemon. I rigorously followed his journey through Hoenn, then thirty-ish episodes of Kanto, then Sinnoh, then a crapload of movies (none of the ones passed Sinnoh region though) then life kind of just happened and I haven't read/watched Pokemon in a long time - but then I stumbled onto this! ...All because of your KHR fics. YOU ARE AMAZING) I think I've completely fallen in love with this story. It's hard to put name-to-face since I'm used to their English names, but I find Satoshi oddly adorable, and I can at least partially remember Takeshi and Kasumi and Haruka... that's about it though.

Anyway, I'm anticipating your next update! Do you go by a schedule? Or is this off-the-whim and you'll probably leave this for a while yet?

...and if you could... maybe keep their Jap. names to Eng. names translations on here at the end? Thanks (if yes)!

-Rayne

PS: Will this have some of Ash's (foreign) friends dropping by anytime? Or even his own Pokemon from "before" being sent to him at the Pokemon Centre? It'd be interesting to see how they would treat Satoshi, who, technically, has one badge. So... he can't "control" his superpowered Pokemon from before... hmmm...

PPS: When'll you next update do you think?
Selias chapter 4 . 6/28/2014
This might just be the best Pokemon fic that I've ever read. Though, Symbiosis might edge yours out, a bit, if only because I REALLY like ConstructiveWriter's characterization of Jessie, James, and Meowth.
RaspberryTroll chapter 4 . 6/26/2014
I truely and honestly love this story so freaking much!
THIS! THIS is how Ash's adventure should have gone! You fuse all of Ash's adventures together, his abilities, his knowledge, and you still make sure that he doesn't come of as being out of character. I really look forward to how you will introduce his colourful past to his new companions, not to mention all the other characters from that very past.

All things considered, Ash should have been quite famous after all he has done and all he has been involved with. I wonder if you will write something about that...
At any rate, love the story and I look forward to the next update!
Stormy1x2 chapter 4 . 6/25/2014
I have been waiting for a fic like this. Years and years of reading and hoping that a fic like this would emerge. I am more impressed by Pikachu and his interactions than Ash, but you are handling Ash remarkably well to the point where I want to cry because there are no more chapters.

Honestly, I can't wait for more of this.
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »