Reviews for Aftermath
ionwaterfall chapter 1 . 2/1
Wonderful. Tearing, desperate, and wonderful.
babybluecebu chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Obi-Wan is not very likeable in this. He experiences what Anakin went through for years in only a few days and ends of having nightmares and crying out for his master. Then when Anakin calls him a hypocrite he proves him right by mocking Anakin's relationship with his mother. He JUST did the equivalent of Anakin crying out for his mother! Then he expects Anakin to just let go of his formative years, half of his life experiences, the way Obi-Wan lets go of a few days of his adult life? Obi-Wan had a safe upbringing and was trained from birth to let go of attachments. The fact that in spite of this, he still finds it so difficult to let go of his master (whom he lost as an adult), yet faults Anakin for his inability to get over his mother (whom he was separated from in childhood) is unfair. That's just something that nags me about Obi-Wan's character in general. I do love this story though. I always wanted more closure after this episode.
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
This is amazing. Your description of slavery and Anakin's reaction to it is so brutal and raw.
Waffles Risa chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This little oneshot is a perfect sketch of how Obi and Ani's relationship is so markedly different from Obi and Qui's. Qui Gon and Obi Wan had something that was eternal and untouchable and always right, after everything. But Anakin and Obi Wan - it's so destructive, in the end - it's actually sort of depressing, considering how they try and try and try and Obi Wan is endlessly patient and Anakin tries again and again but in the end all is lost in fire and anger and more fire.

It's really sad, actually...(sniff)...and I sort of made a mistake of rewatching Return of the Sith because I was overcome by feels reading your fanfiction, and then I had inevitably MORE feels, because, like, OBI WAS CRYING and "I loved you, Anakin" and SOB I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M RANTING

...why am I even torturing myself like this - overload of really well written angsty fanfiction, courtesy of a brilliant writer. And I haven't even worked on my own fanfiction in two days because I've been running through your fanfics. WHYYYYYYYYYY... sob. I don't know whether to thank you or to stab you with a training saber. sob.
Nanuk chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Don't we all wish that Anakin had been stronger? Braver? I wonder how much energy Obi Wan needed to let that guilt go.

Brilliant suffering ;)
Eryndil chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Ooh, very good indeed. Beautifully written and somewhat agonising depiction of the complexities of this relationship and the two characters within it.

As an Obi fan, I'm really glad to see a story that looks below the surface into the emotions and the struggle for serenity, rather than making glib assumptions based on appearances (which is, of course, what Anakin was doing at the start). I think you have got them both spot on.

I love your writing but I'm glad you write humour too because the angst can be... well, kind of angsty!
Girlbender875 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
WOW. I really REALLY liked this. You are dead on with Anakin and Obi-Wan, and I'm reeling with how amazing this fic is; it's so rare to find Anakin and Obi-Wan so in-character on this site. While I'm not a fan of the CW series and I really don't like (*coughHATEcough*) Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, her role was so minimal it totally made up for it; the focus was on Anakin and Obi-Wan, which is where it belongs, because that's where all the friction/importance is.

...

Did I already mention how awesome this story is? Oh, right; I did. Well I'll say it anyway:
WELL DONE.
time2read chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
OMG soo goood!
SashaMonroe chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great Story! These were my favorite episodes...well before the last one at least...anyway I am glad that someone wrote something like this! BEAUTIFUL!
BloodyRoses chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Amazing. Incredibly well written. Brilliant grasp of the characters and a visceral accounting of the effects of such degredation on the human soul.

It may not be very Jedi-like but I empathize very strongly with Anakin's point of view. There are some things a person just can't get over or let go.
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
So well done, just beautiful amazing writing.
SWBloodwolf chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I like your ending a LOT better, followed the comic a bit more. Great job, fantastic descriptive writing! )
WrittenInTheStars14 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
What an amazing story! I love it!
pronker chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I like no ice in my drinks, because the flavor of the alcohol comes through best at room temp. Save the ice for iced tea!

Very good and wrenching story - they really could be horrible enemies, for a long time, not just on Mustafar, over with in a half hour or so. Good use of Plo, subtle and even Ahsoka, understanding that /something/ needs to be done by those wiser than she. Anakin and Obi-Wan were themselves, as close and as far apart as they ever are.
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
He was aware that he had strayed onto sacred, forbidden territory; there was no excuse for the staggering and obscene trespass.

I really liked that this was Anakin's intial reaction; Obi-Wan's composure is so much a part of himself, the humiliation of losing it must be mortifying. I'm glad you show that Anakin understands his Master well enough to know that instincitvely, even before his reaction/realization that most of Obi-Wan's clam is in some degrees a fornt, or a msk he's making himself believe.

Very good.

I like that they kind of made up at the end, too. Obi-Wan is the type to say really hurtful things sometimes; in some ways I think it's connected to his dry wit. He makes an what he sees as a cutting intellectual argument in anger and then doesn't fully predict or register the other person's emotional response; he's too busy being clever.