Reviews for Aftermath
hannahsmetana chapter 1 . 7/27
That was fantastic, perfect addition to cannon. Thanks
Dreago78 chapter 1 . 6/24
It annoyed me sometimes that the Clone wars would never show the aftermath after episodes like this one. I mean experiencing a slave's life would awful and there would definitely be repercussions afterwards.
And one of my favorite lines from Escape of Kadavo (the comic book) was Obi-wan's apology to Anakin for not being compassionate in the past about slavery but in the tv show they didn't put that in there! AH why not?
Like the number one complaint about Obi-wan is that he's arrogant and cold but that was the perfect example that he can admit his mistakes and does care! Man, they really miss those opportunities.
So thank you for writing this story and putting that in there!
LightningStarborne chapter 1 . 6/20
Why are you so intent on making your readers cry?
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 3/13
Painful and very compelling story. :)
ionwaterfall chapter 1 . 2/1
Wonderful. Tearing, desperate, and wonderful.
babybluecebu chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Obi-Wan is not very likeable in this. He experiences what Anakin went through for years in only a few days and ends of having nightmares and crying out for his master. Then when Anakin calls him a hypocrite he proves him right by mocking Anakin's relationship with his mother. He JUST did the equivalent of Anakin crying out for his mother! Then he expects Anakin to just let go of his formative years, half of his life experiences, the way Obi-Wan lets go of a few days of his adult life? Obi-Wan had a safe upbringing and was trained from birth to let go of attachments. The fact that in spite of this, he still finds it so difficult to let go of his master (whom he lost as an adult), yet faults Anakin for his inability to get over his mother (whom he was separated from in childhood) is unfair. That's just something that nags me about Obi-Wan's character in general. I do love this story though. I always wanted more closure after this episode.
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
This is amazing. Your description of slavery and Anakin's reaction to it is so brutal and raw.
Waffles Risa chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This little oneshot is a perfect sketch of how Obi and Ani's relationship is so markedly different from Obi and Qui's. Qui Gon and Obi Wan had something that was eternal and untouchable and always right, after everything. But Anakin and Obi Wan - it's so destructive, in the end - it's actually sort of depressing, considering how they try and try and try and Obi Wan is endlessly patient and Anakin tries again and again but in the end all is lost in fire and anger and more fire.

It's really sad, actually...(sniff)...and I sort of made a mistake of rewatching Return of the Sith because I was overcome by feels reading your fanfiction, and then I had inevitably MORE feels, because, like, OBI WAS CRYING and "I loved you, Anakin" and SOB I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M RANTING

...why am I even torturing myself like this - overload of really well written angsty fanfiction, courtesy of a brilliant writer. And I haven't even worked on my own fanfiction in two days because I've been running through your fanfics. WHYYYYYYYYYY... sob. I don't know whether to thank you or to stab you with a training saber. sob.
Nanuk chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Don't we all wish that Anakin had been stronger? Braver? I wonder how much energy Obi Wan needed to let that guilt go.

Brilliant suffering ;)
Eryndil chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Ooh, very good indeed. Beautifully written and somewhat agonising depiction of the complexities of this relationship and the two characters within it.

As an Obi fan, I'm really glad to see a story that looks below the surface into the emotions and the struggle for serenity, rather than making glib assumptions based on appearances (which is, of course, what Anakin was doing at the start). I think you have got them both spot on.

I love your writing but I'm glad you write humour too because the angst can be... well, kind of angsty!
Girlbender875 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
WOW. I really REALLY liked this. You are dead on with Anakin and Obi-Wan, and I'm reeling with how amazing this fic is; it's so rare to find Anakin and Obi-Wan so in-character on this site. While I'm not a fan of the CW series and I really don't like (*coughHATEcough*) Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, her role was so minimal it totally made up for it; the focus was on Anakin and Obi-Wan, which is where it belongs, because that's where all the friction/importance is.

...

Did I already mention how awesome this story is? Oh, right; I did. Well I'll say it anyway:
WELL DONE.
time2read chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
OMG soo goood!
SashaMonroe chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great Story! These were my favorite episodes...well before the last one at least...anyway I am glad that someone wrote something like this! BEAUTIFUL!
BloodyRoses chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Amazing. Incredibly well written. Brilliant grasp of the characters and a visceral accounting of the effects of such degredation on the human soul.

It may not be very Jedi-like but I empathize very strongly with Anakin's point of view. There are some things a person just can't get over or let go.
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
So well done, just beautiful amazing writing.