Reviews for Melancholia
helenemc chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
Whoa! That was a little presumptuous of Garrett. A bit too possessive for my taste. I hope that Bella does not fall for his "concern". I gather that Edward did not see the picture of Peyton. Edward really needs to get his act together and stop allowing the parents on both sides to manipulate him. Time to man up.
Scattycow chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
I've read this twice now and both times I was shocked at Edwards unfeeling, matter of fact attitude to Bella and the fact that he has a dead daughter? Where is his regret? For his treatment of Bella as well as never getting to meet Peyton? In fact his only regret seems to be for his guilty feelings about being an asshole when he discovered that Bella 'kept his daughter from him'.
Instead of remorse and grief he seems to feel justified in choosing a life away from Bella with Ashley and Libby. It's as if he doesn't feel he did anything wrong, after all it was all Daddies fault; he made him do it.
His only regret seems to be the lack of passion in his marraige.
It's almost as if he's detached from the fact that Peyton died, after all he has his real daughter by his side so all he's missed is the idea of another one.
Doesn't he sympathise with Bella's grief? Surely if he did he would be less aggressive to Garrett? After all, as far as he's concerned, Garrett is the one who has been there for her.
Emmet seems to have forgotten what he did to Bella pretty quickly. What, is he now team Edward all the way?
My problem is that he could dump Bella, then just go on with his life, falling in love with Ashley, as if she never existed. By contrast Bella has stagnated as if it were yesterday. Her grief has definately contributed to this, but she was obviously so in love with Edward that she just hasn't been able to move on. The fact that he has, come on lets be truthful, he has, is what angers me.
Then there's this:
'I whip my head and stare at her. It is all I can do not to scream at her. I'm an asshole, but I am not abusive.'
Not abusive huh? I think after the way you belittled and insulted Bella in front of your friends in the past contradicts that massively.
I've never considered Bella weak. Edward, however, yes.
Although I cannot see a future for Bella and Garrett, I really don't want her to forgive Edward unless he experiences a little of the suffering that Bella has. So far I don't think he has come anywhere near close to it.
You're really spoiling us this week and I couldn't be happier.
Guest chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
I have been so bad about reviewing, and for that I apologize! Can't wait to see what happens next. I'll try to find some sympathy for Edward - I swear.
Kgunter34 chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
Lawdy,he is a whiny beotch. Great chapter.
Frenchstyle chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
Just found your story today and I like the flow so far.

The only thing that is bothering me is that this is a BxE story and at this point I don't see any redeeming quality on Edward. As far as Bella is concerned, it has been years since it happened. Don't you think she deserves a little bit of happiness and for once come out stronger and more determined? It is tiring to read chapter every chapter of her crying. If it is still BXE at the end, even though at this point this Edward is a big ***, I do think that this Bella is weak. No growth at all. I hope you will change her for the better.

Please update so we can see where your story is going.
faniac chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
I absolutely adore this story...I'll drop anything to read an update :)

Ok so to me, there is only one ending possible that would make sense. Bella and Edward talk it out and both have their say on their issues and regrets. Bella forgives Edward ( for her own sake, not his ) and then asks him to finally show her the respect he owed & owes her by taking his ( superficially happy family ) and get it out of her face.

I just want Bella to be able to at least get some closure regarding Edward and then put it behind her. He has nothing to do with Peyton's death, that is not an issue but i really can't see Bella ending up with Edward and playing stepmother to his other daughter who is ( despite herself ) the root cause of Edward's idioctic actions towards Bella. Plus, how could she ever look at that little girl without feeling like someone is slicing her heart? Still in love with Edward or not, I just can't see it happening...

As for Edward, I don't really care what happens to him and what the future holds for him...or Ashley.
helenemc chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
Beautifully written chapter. The raw emotion just grabs you by the throat. Is this story going to really have a HEA?
Scattycow chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
I wander what Ashley's angle is here? I mean when did she learn of Bella? If it was before she married then she has a bit to answer for. She married a man who was in love with another when she didn't have to. This is the 21st century. Babies are born out of wedlock all the time and, as long as both parents are properly involved, live perfectly happy lives.
If she didn't learn of her until after they married, then she is as much of a victim as Bella here.
I would consider Edward a victim too if he hadn't been such a cruel, nasty bastard to Bella. There was just no need for it when a simple explanation would have sufficed. As such I applaud his suffering, if indeed it is genuine, not entirely convinced it is though.
You see, on the one hand we are asked to sympathise with the fact that he was an immature boy who didn't have a clue how to deal with the hand that he was being dealt and made some bad, childish mistakes with the way he treated Bella. Then we are asked to accept his mature decision to marry the Mother of his chld and stand by them all these years. I'm having trouble reconciling the two.
He has decided to live close to Bella, no doubt on a subconscious level to be close to her. All it has resulted in is that he comes across as a cruel asshole who is rubbing his happy family in her face.
This is a tragedy all around really that, but for Edwards awful choices, could have been avoided.
I'm not saying that Peyton would have lived if Edward and Bella had stayed together but, as one of couple, Bella would have been able to cope a lot better.
Garrett is pretty superfluous. I'm just not seeing it. It's as if she is using him as a crutch. Not fair on him or her.
I really want them to talk so badly. To get it all out in the open. These wounds run so deep and Bellas pain is palpable. I'd like to believe Edwards is too but, he seems to have lived a pretty cushy life without Bella and that colours my judgement I'm afraid. He has the beautiful wife, the darling daughter, the knowledge that Bella adored him before he cruelly dumped her. Bella has none of these and it just isn't fair.
I can't help feeling that justice hasn't been done here. I don't know what I want but forgiveness, at the moment, is not it.
Phew that was a long one!
Thanks for the double update. Most appreciated. You really can see how hard you've worked on this. Well done.
Scattycow chapter 16 . 2/21/2013
A beautifully descriptive chapter especially this paragraph:
'The flowery malt punch gives way to almost a nutty fruit aftertaste and it sends chills down my spine. I feel it as it travels down my esophagus and into my stomach, sitting heavy like an elephant on a small wooden stool. It spreads throughout my body like an internal flame warming my insides first and then spreading the warmth out. I feel the blush creep up over my breasts and to my collar bones making its way to my neck and face. I revel in its burn and wonder if this is what spontaneous combustion feels like.'
That's just how I feel after a good single malt.
I'd love know what's going through Eds mind right now!
creampuff chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
I honestly am not liking this edward and bella. there is so much damn emphasis on garrett in this story that if they ever get back together its going to be sad for garrett. i think if she is going to be with garrett she needs to give up on edward and if she isnt then she needs to let garrett go. i am trying to give this story a chance. but b/e with other people like this is my hard limit. seems like she is going for it and i will have to stop reading.
Kgunter34 chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
The ass kicking that Edward deserves should start now. Great chapter.
susanreader chapter 16 . 2/20/2013
Oh, my god. Your prose is such that I feel like it is me experiencing these emotions. How much pain can or should one woman be expected to live with? I certainly hope it gets less painful from here on out, but somehow I doubt it will.
helenemc chapter 16 . 2/20/2013
I wonder what Ashley wants to talk about. She obviously saw the picture of Bella and Peyton. Why did Edward show her the note? Is it that he just wants her to know that he knows? Anger can be good sometimes.
Kgunter34 chapter 16 . 2/20/2013
Great job.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/20/2013
I think it's time for an update don't you?
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »