Reviews for Far From the Tree
KB91 chapter 4 . 1/3
Working my way through some older stories and ... holy smokes, is this a good one. So much wonderful emotion here, flowing back and forth between Rick's heartbreak over his father and the joy over his budding romance with Kate. Such a rich world. Really great job, you two.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/14/2014
"I was wondering if you'd consider coming to this Gala thing my wife's doing. Tables, you know? And you could bring people. Be a way to...spend some time. It's not too expensive, goes to her company—corporate oil consulting business trying to go green...you know how it is..."

But he wasn't really listening anymore.

A sentence. A blip. The tap of a key. Delete. Delete. Delete.

i'm forever in love with that scene and the idea of it
weightofmywords chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
This was so deeply perfect. The hurt mixed with the fluff mixed with the tentative romance. Ugh. Flawless.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
I just loved it. A short beauty from my two fav writers.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
*"No," Kate said quickly, glaring at him. "I'm here with someone." "Honey, he left you alone-"
"NYPD, back the hell off," she growled, yanking her cardigan and coat aside to show him her badge.* A lady as attractive as Kate Beckett will attract men all the time. But I would love to see this kind of scene in the show where Beckett will just ignore some handome jerk (like Eric Vaughn) for Castle. And Castle to do similar thing for Beckett when girls try to flirt with him with Backett around somewhere at a ditance. I wish to see this kind of love between our fav duo in season 6.
stars90 chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
Slightly tragic yet compelling beauty. Incredible, especially given how so not OOC they were.
kat6919 chapter 2 . 2/26/2013
Ooops. Last review was from the wrong story (OFI). Had this one up to read in another tab and reviewed it instead. I'll be back after I post the review in the right story.
kat6919 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was so good. I read it straight through over the weekend. I hated to put it down for even a moment. I loved the relationship between Alexis and Kate. It was so sweet and so perfect and so real. You made me laugh and you made me cry and you made my heartache and then soothed the ache. It was a wonderful read.

One question. Did you ever do the sequel you mentioned or do you ever plan to do so, because I would be there ready to read it in a heartbeat.
LewisInNC chapter 4 . 2/22/2013
Really loved this story! Wonderful relationship development. Loved how Kate stood up for Castle and was there for him when he met his father.
EmmaCastle chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Loved the last line and it left me wanting more
Guest chapter 4 . 11/5/2012
3333333333333333
JFJD chapter 4 . 11/4/2012
I enjoyed this story. I really loved the banter in the last chapter.
Kylie chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Hey,

I've been reading your stories and collaborations over the past year and have to say I'm really impressed with the way you write. I especially enjoyed this story and wondered whether you and chezchuckles have considered a follow-up sequel? I think it would be an interesting premise to bring up how the confrontation with Castle's father might be handled to include Alexis and Martha. In addition, how the circumstances might be illustrated to Esposito, Lanie and Ryan. Just food for thought... Keep up the great work; I'm looking forward to reading more.

Cheers
firtree chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
a very sad story. the emotion is palpable and the confusion seems quite realistic. well done.
SeannysMom chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
What an amazing story ! Realistic, well written and feelings are beautifully portrayed. I really liked it. Thanks.