Reviews for Far From the Tree
dancingpines chapter 4 . 12/19/2016
Oh the last line. My heart is so happy with this story. I went through so many emotions with it. Well done, you two.
Copop chapter 4 . 10/22/2016
Apparently I never reviewed this. Shame on me!

Because, this is so awesome. Having Kate come with Castle to a meeting with his father, not knowing what the wants.

And when he does, it turns out just as disappointing as Castle thought it would be, Kate is there to comfort him.

Even before that.

And then they end up together, trying to explore being each others.

Love it.

So, better late than never :)
hug-me chapter 4 . 10/22/2016
My two favorite authors co-wrote something and I had NO IDEA until today from the streamcon! I don't think I ever searched for a fic faster haha!
Of course this didn't disappoint. I love how not only did you cover his father no living up to Castle's aspirations, but that he was also married at the time. Just little things that keep hitting you write in the heart, feeling so sorry and sad for Castle. Well, not too sorry, because Kate made him feel better haha!
GREAT JOB EMMA AND LAURA! I would love for you two to write something together again, but I know real life gets in the way:)
GT500RonSmith chapter 4 . 6/24/2015
Kate knows who he is! Nothing more important than that! He's hers!
GT500RonSmith chapter 3 . 6/24/2015
Kate to the rescue! No interest in anyone else approaching her, only there for Castle! Loved that! His father only wanting to get in touch to have hm around because of his fame! Not thinking that he had apparently cheated on his wife when he impregnated Martha! And his wife doesn't know!

What a bonehead!
GT500RonSmith chapter 2 . 6/24/2015
As sad as Castle was, just the word "Date" was enough to lift his spirits! And the piano was a great idea for them! They're both great at being big kids!
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
This was really good up until Castle misread Kate and decided that she was misleading him and really didn't care. Only trying to get him to tell her what she wanted to hear.

An abrupt change in him that she was instantly aware of!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/6/2015
That was a really great story ! It would have been so much better if they had done something like that instead of the ridiculous daddy spy storyline ... And Beckett and Castle's relationship was very well written. I would've liked to see one more chapter though ;-)
KB91 chapter 4 . 1/3/2015
Working my way through some older stories and ... holy smokes, is this a good one. So much wonderful emotion here, flowing back and forth between Rick's heartbreak over his father and the joy over his budding romance with Kate. Such a rich world. Really great job, you two.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/14/2014
"I was wondering if you'd consider coming to this Gala thing my wife's doing. Tables, you know? And you could bring people. Be a way to...spend some time. It's not too expensive, goes to her company—corporate oil consulting business trying to go green...you know how it is..."

But he wasn't really listening anymore.

A sentence. A blip. The tap of a key. Delete. Delete. Delete.

i'm forever in love with that scene and the idea of it
weightofmywords chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
This was so deeply perfect. The hurt mixed with the fluff mixed with the tentative romance. Ugh. Flawless.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
I just loved it. A short beauty from my two fav writers.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
*"No," Kate said quickly, glaring at him. "I'm here with someone." "Honey, he left you alone-"
"NYPD, back the hell off," she growled, yanking her cardigan and coat aside to show him her badge.* A lady as attractive as Kate Beckett will attract men all the time. But I would love to see this kind of scene in the show where Beckett will just ignore some handome jerk (like Eric Vaughn) for Castle. And Castle to do similar thing for Beckett when girls try to flirt with him with Backett around somewhere at a ditance. I wish to see this kind of love between our fav duo in season 6.
stars90 chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
Slightly tragic yet compelling beauty. Incredible, especially given how so not OOC they were.
kat6919 chapter 2 . 2/26/2013
Ooops. Last review was from the wrong story (OFI). Had this one up to read in another tab and reviewed it instead. I'll be back after I post the review in the right story.