Reviews for Spiders in Silver
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
It’s always nice to encounter one’s thoughts in the form of another’s ideas, confirmatory in a way. The “house of abandonment,” was something I once used in a character background, and he was a draegloth, who sometimes had do favors for various groups in the city to obtain coin to keep the place running. The presence of a mark of identification is interesting, largely as it is something that I wouldn’t expect her to have, but it is a reasonable sideway into revealing her name, while also engage the reader in wondering why the girl is in this place. The fact that she has some sort of natural psychic power is easily evident, and informs the reader immediately to the tone of the work. It is a good beginning, indeed.
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 20 . 6/23/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was very well written and I loved the characterizations of the drow. You painted them as something much more than just flatly evil.
skywiseskychan chapter 20 . 11/13/2012
I really hope that you do continue this as I really enjoyed this story. Your writing was good and sucked me in completely and now I want to know how she will live with the yoke of Lloth and how she may or may not be free of it.
Kanokirri chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
You have talent, I enjoyed reading this all the way through and am looking forward to starting your next piece. I'm glad to see that there are still decent writers out there.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I recently discovered this site and your story. And it opens well; one gets the feeling that the woman, yes, even for a Drow, is not cruel unnecessarily so. One gets the suspicion that while she might be a harsh teacher, the relationship will be more complex, than the simple stereotype of the cruel dark elf would imply. I am glad that I am not the only one that likes psionic and that you have made protagonists that utilize it on some level. I should warn you in advance, expect such commentary as I read on.
Yulandia chapter 20 . 5/24/2012
Oh that was sad for me, but (!) That's only cuz I'm a sucker for happy endings. This was very, very well done. I really enjoyed the story, the drow emotional bonds (you know, the ones they have, but vehemently deny), those bonds. It was an emotional rollercoaster, and very deep and well planned and articulated. I mourn for Sabal' s happiness, and for Xullae's passing, and the death of Xullae's lover, and I hope that Ryld will stick by Sabal. At least she never deceived anyone she was close to. Well done! Thank you for writing this story.

Yulz
Zireael07 chapter 20 . 5/12/2012
Love the story. Brilliant!
kirbster676 chapter 20 . 5/11/2012
Thank you for such a wonderful story, I felt the sorrow at the end, and look forward to reading more.
hakatri chapter 19 . 5/10/2012
Damn, I actually started to cry this time. Very emotional chapter.
Yulandia chapter 19 . 5/10/2012
Oh so sad! And Xullae and Ryld knew it was coming. :( Poor Sabal. I'm glad the other priestesses were afraid. They sure need to be. You really do creepy and scary well. The word 'handmaiden' really doesn't convey the horror you have described. Lol well done. ;)
hakatri chapter 17 . 5/9/2012
Wow, that ending was certainly ominous! And somehow sad after that relatively nice time in the academy.
Yulandia chapter 16 . 5/8/2012
Aww that is so sad for her mentor. Absolutely horrible for her. Damn Triel. :(

I really like how you decided the chapters into.. life lessons of sorts. I really like Sabal. She is thoughtful -very smart, and bad ass. The fact that she cares for others makes her lovable. She's really easy to get behind, and you really care about het progress. Plz post again soon

Yulz
hakatri chapter 14 . 3/29/2012
Somehow reading about the little moment of reconnection between Sabal and Alystin almost made me want to hug them. I wonder if they will be able to keep those feelings alive.
Zireael07 chapter 11 . 3/27/2012
Love the story. Brilliantly written. Like the characters.
hakatri chapter 11 . 3/17/2012
Everything is becoming even more interesting now. Are the three going to stay together for some time? The image in the last paragraph really had me grinning :)