Reviews for Spiders in Silver
Ophidias chapter 1 . 9/8
absolutally brilliant. one of the best written stories I have found in quite some time.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 10 . 7/26
Persistency, it is a blessing and a curse. At any rate, in this chapter we see exactly how harsh the inquisitor to be training is when compared to a mere noble cleric. It was a little more difficult to gage before, or rather for me to gage before, since cleric training has been described as harsh and hard as well. I like that you introduced a female sorceress, since seeing a female arcane character has intrigued me as much as seeing a male inquisitor or cleric, and seeing the reaction of others as such a being would interfere with the commonly held schema.

All right, this is a wish, more than a criticism, at least that’s how it is intended, take it as you will, it would have been nice to see Alystin & Nedylene before they arrived, the three’s lives as sort of a contrast to one another.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 9 . 7/19
The sword has been offered and taken, and my assumption is clenched. The giving of the sword is nice foreshadowing. Now, what tragedy awaits the teacher, I wonder.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 6 . 7/19
Now! Now we see it, blinding like a lightning strike at ones feat. Hah, here is the brutal hellish cruelty that the elves are guilty of when they forced the Drow’s descent into the underdark. They dammed them to an existence as unescapable as a circle of hell.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 4 . 7/19
Ah, Xullae, a sword does not think either, but you clearly do, and you know that you help to maintain the prison you find yourself in as surely as though you were one of its guards… oh, wait you are. You show the tragedy which is the Drow so well, Bravo.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 5 . 6/29
A very good transitional chapter.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 2 . 5/23
“The city held a thousand smells, a thousand sounds. Voices hawking wares, the sharp rebukes of slavers as they trained new chattel brought in from raids, hundreds of discussions and arguments, great lizards pulling creaking wagons through avenues, a spider tender whistling as he nudged along his charges with a crook—these subtle cadences of the city rose and blended with the smells of spiced meat, crowds, the slave pens, and so many other things. Xullae, however, once found little comfort in it. When first she had come to the city from the wilds where she had lived almost wholly alone for so much of her youth, the endless ocean of minds and thoughts had almost driven her mad. But behind her iron walls of will, she was encased in solitude”

I particularly liked this part, as it both conveys an aspect of one’s surroundings often ignored by writers; It also conveys aspects of the individual’s character that one would not see as fully if you stuck to sight alone. Given the change in the site’s code, and given that I am a screen-reader user, I couldn’t respond to your stories until recently, expect to hear more comments from me.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
It’s always nice to encounter one’s thoughts in the form of another’s ideas, confirmatory in a way. The “house of abandonment,” was something I once used in a character background, and he was a draegloth, who sometimes had do favors for various groups in the city to obtain coin to keep the place running. The presence of a mark of identification is interesting, largely as it is something that I wouldn’t expect her to have, but it is a reasonable sideway into revealing her name, while also engage the reader in wondering why the girl is in this place. The fact that she has some sort of natural psychic power is easily evident, and informs the reader immediately to the tone of the work. It is a good beginning, indeed.
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 20 . 6/23/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was very well written and I loved the characterizations of the drow. You painted them as something much more than just flatly evil.
skywiseskychan chapter 20 . 11/13/2012
I really hope that you do continue this as I really enjoyed this story. Your writing was good and sucked me in completely and now I want to know how she will live with the yoke of Lloth and how she may or may not be free of it.
Kanokirri chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
You have talent, I enjoyed reading this all the way through and am looking forward to starting your next piece. I'm glad to see that there are still decent writers out there.
Elkin Hardcoves chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I recently discovered this site and your story. And it opens well; one gets the feeling that the woman, yes, even for a Drow, is not cruel unnecessarily so. One gets the suspicion that while she might be a harsh teacher, the relationship will be more complex, than the simple stereotype of the cruel dark elf would imply. I am glad that I am not the only one that likes psionic and that you have made protagonists that utilize it on some level. I should warn you in advance, expect such commentary as I read on.
Yulandia chapter 20 . 5/24/2012
Oh that was sad for me, but (!) That's only cuz I'm a sucker for happy endings. This was very, very well done. I really enjoyed the story, the drow emotional bonds (you know, the ones they have, but vehemently deny), those bonds. It was an emotional rollercoaster, and very deep and well planned and articulated. I mourn for Sabal' s happiness, and for Xullae's passing, and the death of Xullae's lover, and I hope that Ryld will stick by Sabal. At least she never deceived anyone she was close to. Well done! Thank you for writing this story.

Zireael07 chapter 20 . 5/12/2012
Love the story. Brilliant!
kirbster676 chapter 20 . 5/11/2012
Thank you for such a wonderful story, I felt the sorrow at the end, and look forward to reading more.