Reviews for Emperor of Zero
Imperial warlord chapter 41 . 1/27/2013
Awesome chapter.
skipper 1337 chapter 41 . 1/27/2013
The developments surrounding Siesta are interesting.
The pope won't like that the ring of water was destroyed to create the zombies.
Also Guiche, I hope he gets his girl nevertheless, even if he has been exiled. The lines are drawn, so I'd say...let loose the hounds of war!
Another thing I cannot shake the feeling. Karin is in my mind someone who since she prizes her personal honour above everything else (except maybe the honour of the Valliere family), she might consider committting seppuku when Napoleon has beaten her, so as to avoid capture and humiliation.
Nice going, keep posting!
kitiem3000 chapter 41 . 1/27/2013
Dead by rats...disgusting.
iShiney chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
Wooo, cliffy!
kiyang064 chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
What? Rats? Okay...
changhyon92 chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
Was that the King of Rats by any chance? because it sure sounded like it
OBSERVER01 chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
pretty good
Zane34 chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
Hey quick question, did you just throw a dishonored reference at the end? Because if you did it was awesome, and if not...it was still awesome
karthik9 chapter 41 . 1/26/2013
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
skipper 1337 chapter 40 . 1/21/2013
Very nice chapter. So...Napoleon gets what he desires-a war- and the nobles lose.
No, that's wrong, the nobles as a collective have already lost, they just do not know it.
In the coming war, there is nobody on Karin's side who possesses the kind of military experience and ability that Napoleon has. Karin may be a great mage, but as a commander of men and troops...
Also against an enemy of Napoleon's calibre...
Napoleon doesn't fight fair or "honourably" as Karin or the other nobles expect or know war.
La Rochelle was the first finger pointing towards it, as Napoleon insisted on the manoeuverabilty of the guns. Also the destruction of Tarbes and La Rochelle. Karin or the other nobles would never dream of such ruthlessness. Napoleon does and thus wins.
Napoleon will outmarch and outflank them and force battle on his terms on his chosen ground. He will devastate the holdings of the opposing nobles, cut of their supply lines, raid them and then when they are spread out attack them and tear them apart.
He will shove aside the nobles he fights for insisting on one single leadership- him. He will raise up new lieutenants just as he did in France with the marshals. Whatever one wants to say about Napoleon, he recognized talent and promoted those who showed it. Ney, Murat, Marmont, Soult or Bernadotte were all talented soldiers and better by far than over 90% of the enemy officers or generals, many who held their rank only due to their aristocratic background.
Napoleon's new marshals will be the same and he will fight his battles fluidly.
The battle at La Rochelle was still an old-style battle. Two opposing groups attack each other and the first one to break loses.
Napoleon will maneuvre in battle, shift his lines and strengths and crush the opposition.
Then there are the soldiers. Napoleon has a fantastic charisma and he is a soldier's soldier. He inspires the loyalty of the men under his command, the nobles on the other hand... . Napoleon will order his men to do near impossible things, but when they are done he will show gratitude. The soldiers recognize this and so will the commoners. Because when he has crushed Karin and her nobles, he will turn on the nobles supporting him and create a new order and almost certainly will the soldiers and commoners be on his side.
The guard may be small at the moment, but its existence alone is a slap in the face of the nobles, something I am rather astonished to see, that nobody has commented on it yet.
The army as was told was comprised of the independent battalions of the nobles and the royal army.
Napoleon is a commoner but has his own independent battalion, just as a noble!
By appointing Napoleon their commander, the nobles have sealed their fate.
The nobles will still be respected, through their ability to do magic, but in essence the old regime of absolute power has now been destroyed, they just do not know it yet.
nased0 chapter 40 . 1/21/2013
That was a brilliant fic, a great insight how politics works.
You have described Napoleon's genius very well, he is a wonderful character.
SanShine chapter 40 . 1/19/2013
Marvelous. Another epic chapter of one of the top3 fanfics in this fandom :)
Lost Guy chapter 40 . 1/19/2013
ok when can we expect another chapter? cause honestly the amount of political intreuge and various plotlines has me hung onthis story and hell, i have waited a long time for this update and i must say it is 100% better than i expected.
chronodekar chapter 40 . 1/18/2013
Bloody HELL! DAMN Bloody Hell!

My arms are shivering with tension. They are literally shivering (well, I am sick with a cold ...), but this was very well executed.

Nietzchian, if your goal was to bring the court politics to a dramatic and tension-filled end, you've accomplished that. Very well too, I should say. It isn't often that I see word-play or even "recall play" as you've done here, but its brilliantly executed.

Right now, for the cast of this story, I'm scared. There is a VERY fine line everyone is walking on and many paths will lead to misery.

Something very admirable in this story - there is a *very* real risk of Napolean's lies being found out. It's scary and ... worrying. I both, want to see him succeed and fail.

Hat's off to you, Nietzchian. Hat's off.

-chronodekar
OBSERVER01 chapter 40 . 1/18/2013
napoleon has them all dancing to his tune.i actually want to see what a louisse mentored by nappy is capable of.
544 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »