Reviews for Emperor of Zero
Guest chapter 47 . 4/29/2014
So a difference in magic and less experienced scouts causes the first blow against him. As expected...
Loteva chapter 47 . 4/29/2014
A setback! Nice implementation of magic in strategy.
Vermin-lord chapter 47 . 4/29/2014
It always nice to see anouther chapter of this story. I hope the next one is out soon
ramonx.0 chapter 47 . 4/27/2014
me gusto ver este capitulo , espero ver la batlla entre napoleon y gramon
OBSERVER01 chapter 47 . 4/26/2014
Interesting chapter
SirKaid chapter 47 . 4/26/2014
Napoleon's greatest flaw was that for all his incredible brilliance with Enlightenment era warfare, he faltered when fighting unknown styles. Britain at sea, Spain against the guerrilla fighters, and Russia against the attrition tactics. I'm glad to see that his flaw still holds strong when confronted with magic.

Highly enjoyable, eagerly awaiting the next chapter, etc.
Imperial warlord chapter 47 . 4/26/2014
Awesome chapter.
Ikki34 chapter 47 . 4/26/2014
Napoleon making mistakes because he doesn't know the full abalities of magic?! good thinking! continue like that.
Loteva chapter 46 . 4/7/2014
The anticipation for the battle is building. And I'm interested in the results of Karin vs Wardes fight.
Ravager Zero chapter 12 . 3/25/2014
Okay, I started reading this after following a link in the HPMoR author's notes. I am so glad I did. I don't know what universe this is from, but the way it's written is incredibly compelling. I love the world building you've done here, the implications of shared worlds, and the general ignorance of what several technological artefacts actually are.

So well done, and I intend to continue my journey through this strange land of magic and intrigue anon.
Guest chapter 46 . 3/18/2014
This doesn't seem so much a story about the ZnT universe, as it does a story about Napoleon which just happens to be set in the ZnT universe.

Frankly, Napoleon would have been better off trying to control Albion. The country had already disposed of its monarch and was at war. Instead he picks the smallest country - why? Because he happened to land there? If nothing else, wouldn't he pick Gallia - by all accounts, the king was considered inept, and he didn't learn otherwise for a while - just for the parallels to France?

Many of the ZnT characters don't seem to quite be in character. I can actually buy the big, obvious one - Louise backing down when presented with someone like Napoleon instead of Saito. But shouldn't Kirche have tried to seduce Bonaparte on general principles, just because he was Louise's familiar? It's not like she doesn't like older men; she ended up with Colbert in the original after all. And I really don't buy this Siesta.

Karin disowning Louise because Henrietta died - when it turns out she wasn't even in the country at the time? I'm not buying it. In canon she wasn't even disowned when they caught her with Saito, right? Even if Louise HAD been in the country, Karin's blaming her for not protecting the Princess during a sneak attack done under a truce, without knowing exactly where she was? It's not like Louise was Henrietta's personal bodyguard or something. In this story she knows Louise is a void mage, at least (otherwise she'd never even expect Louise to be capable of protecting anyone) but she has no idea what Louise is capable of other than one incident she learned of thirdhand - and that was of an indiscriminate spell that could just as easily killed the Princess as saved her. There's no reason for her to think Louise COULD have saved her even if she had been there.

I also feel like some opportunities were missed. The duel with Guiche, for example, is simply not done - it's not even explicitly bypassed by a refusal to duel or something. Or the noble who took Seista - for some reason he just decided not to, in this story? It mentions that he was interested in her, but that's all. It gets me wondering how Napoleon would have acted. Would it have been a "not my problem" situation, or would he have reacted at such an abuse of a nobleman's power?

Getting back to the story as written instead of the story not written, I simply don't think Napoleon would have fared so well here. Magic, dragons, and giant airships are (obviously) not things he was familiar with. They didn't even have planes in his day (I'm going to assume he knew what the plane even WAS through his barely-used Gandalfir abilities or something) so I question his ability to adapt to those. He wouldn't have been familiar with the politics aside from what people told him, since he wasn't around. He wasn't familiar with the land, or the customs, or the religion, or the tactics likely to be used by his opponents. Living at a magical academy where the children of many nobles attended would have given him SOME knowledge about magic and politics, but he wasn't exactly there for very long. The books on the plane wouldn't have told him anything about this world, either, since they were from his old world. I'm not sure why he thought they had to be destroyed... Siesta told him that nobody in this world could read them.

And I don't think he would have been so foolish as to have a hand in Henrietta's death. Not without Louise - and literally the entire country - against him. Sending Louise away with a fake letter? The letter would obviously be discovered as fake the instant she returned home - and frankly, could have been discovered as fake immediately since he wasn't familiar with the family and how things were done. She could easily have recognized that it wasn't Jerome's handwriting, or that it was not written on the family letterhead, or did not bear the family seal, or include the family motto, or something. If she had actually been at her house then she could have known that it was NOT her parents who faked the letter, and after that he's pretty high on the list of people who might have done so. And what's his plan for Louise deducing that he faked the letter - "panicking"?

Acting as a spy for an enemy that's on the ropes? Why would they not betray you upon defeat? If it ever got out that he was involved in Henrietta's death, he would be a dead man. And if Albion somehow didn't know who he was, then why would they tell this unknown spy their plans to mind-control the soldiers? Telling Louise, an unstable teenage girl with the power to wipe out an entire fleet by herself, that he would have KILLED her if she answered his question wrong? That's just nuts!

This may sound overly critical. But I'm still here at chapter 46, so don't take it too hard. There are typos, but not so many that the story becomes hard to read. The story in general is interesting.
ramonx.0 chapter 46 . 3/16/2014
me gusto este capitulo espero ver como sigue la batalla de bonaparte y que va ha hacer para ganar
Guest chapter 46 . 3/16/2014
Great set up chapter for the upcoming battle. Am glad to see a fanfic that's actually still getting updated. Great chapter hopefully you'll update faster. Jk
The Handle chapter 45 . 3/15/2014
A Nameless Monster, huh? I'll be looking forward to your next posts!
OBSERVER01 chapter 46 . 3/16/2014