Reviews for Kamen Rider Kaze
E.T Novem chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
Alright, sorry for the long delay but here's a review!
Having read so far, I thought that the premise for the riders are good, though I find that you bring them a bit early into the show, unless there is a special reason for that. Wow, three riders already! I'm guessing there's gonna be a huge event that's gonna need all of their strength united!
The woman from the airport brings a mysterious vibe; which shows neither friend nor foe. I'll be reading more to see who she really is and her agenda.
Kiryu Suda chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
Nice chapter, Wild Fang.

So, the three Riders teamed up to defeat the Lightning Mantis, huh? That's cool, but now this is starting to remind me of Super Sentai with the colorful warriors working together to defeat the monster. Hopefully, I get to see some solo action in the future. Even the weapons, as cool as they are, remind me of how Sentai get their own unique weapon.

This is just a minor gripe, but why is Storm's catchphrase in Japanese when everything else is in English? I mean, I'm assuming that Storm isn't Japanese because of his name. I'm also assuming that Elemental City is not in Japan. I know that Riders have their own catchphrases, but the only reason they're in Japanese is because their first language is in Japanese. In a fanfic where the language is in all English, the Japanese thrown in is a little jarring to me. It's not a major complaint, but I did forget what Storm's catchphrase meant in English. Are they in a Japanese city, or did Storm just switch to Japanese at that one part just for his catchphrase. Because if they aren't in a Japanese City, then the Lightning Mantis would have no idea what Storm said and thought he was giving him the finger from his trademark pointing. Or maybe I just look like an idiot for saying this.

Other than that, good chapter as usual. I wonder who the woman at the end is, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough...
Kiryu Suda chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
The setting and interactions between characters reminds me a lot of Fourze. Looking at when this was published, it seems like you've based it on Fourze, like how Storm acts like a very enthusiastic Gentaro while Aqua seems like a female Kengo. And now, this new Kazuma seems like a kinder version of Shun. Even the villain, Miyuki, reminds me of that woman that the dorky teacher (forgot their names) liked. Nice.

With a Rider introduced almost every chapter, it's also reminding me of Ryuki and how there would be a new Rider introduced a lot. Ryuu seems pretty cool and I hope that he gets more action and victories, because for a first impression, its kinda sad that he lost. But it's nice to see that the Riders don't win all the time. I also wonder what Kaze's weapon will look like when he levels up.
Kiryu Suda chapter 2 . 1/23/2013
Interesting second chapter!

Again, I like the contrast between Aqua and Storm. Storm's the cheerful, childish, immature-type while Aqua's more resolved and serious. I'm sure the two will develop as this series progresses.

One tidbit of constructive crit: You mention that Kaze has "two Windy Stabilizers." Its not that Kaze has it, but rather, what are Windy Stabilizers? At least, that's what I would say had I not watched Double and not knew that it is a scarf that Double CycloneJoker has. Not everybody knows what the Windy Stabilizers are, so I would appreciate it if you went into detail about these things. Its like last chapter, where you simply describe Mizu's magnum as a magnum, with no description.

Anyways, I'll keep on reading...
E.T Novem chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Hello there! I've just browsed throug the fabrics of KR And happen to saw yours! It's quite interesting, although there are instances where the grammars kind of put the mood down. A nice try of inserting songs, although in a situation of a story-writing, it may not work that well but still; I like your creativity!
I see that the character Storm will be very interesting in the future and I would love to see his interactions with Aqua too! Nice story and I will read the next chapter soon :)
Kiryu Suda chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Hi there Wild Fang! Interesting fanfic you've got here.

In the first part of this chapter, a female rider fights the Dark Void. That's cool; you're placing us right into the battle and it ends in tragedy. It kinda reminds me of the first part of Double, when Soukichi gets killed and Shotaro gains his hat. I also like how their finishing moves are called "Natural Disasters," as it relates to the elements concept quite a bit. Though, I wonder why you didn't add the descriptions for what the female rider looks like (until later) and the Dark Void. It's hard to imagine the fight without their looks.

I have a problem with the insert song, though. I do like Next Level by Yuki (Kabuto FTW!) but I don't understand what's the point in including it in your fanfic. I mean, it's not like these are episodes. These are stories! If I wanted to listen to the song, I would've listened to it on Youtube or something. It just doesn't seem relevant and it takes up space that could be used for your story. Besides, it spoils several things in your story, I believe. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it just seems... unneeded.

Aqua and Storm, huh? Those are pretty unique names. Storm's very outgoing and shonen-like for the protagonist while Aqua's more calm and poised. Its an interesting contrast.

Now, the bread and butter of your fanfic is the riders and monsters. Monster-wise, the Lost Elements seem to be your villains. I'm a little surprised that the first Lost Element introduced is a rhino. I thought it would be more element-wise, like maybe a rhino with earth-based powers? Maybe I'll find out in the future. Rider-wise, Mizu and Kaze sounds pretty cool. Hopefully I see how they use their elements in battle more than what I've seen thus far.

There are sentence errors from what I saw. I believe that this story is written in the present tense, yet there are some instances when it switches to past tense. You also switch to past tense whenever someone speaks, like your saying "said" instead of "says." Its a minor gripe though. There are also a few incomplete words in the story, like "sit" should really be "sits." It didn't bother me that much though.

All in all, a decent start to a fanfic. I'm surprised you don't have more reviews. I'll read through each chapter and post a review when I finish the chapter.
Yami no Paladin chapter 25 . 1/17/2013
This chapter was awesome! J.G is a great character and I hope to see him work with the Riders more often!
Somehow it doesn't make sense to me for Dark Void to call off the Dark Elements at a point where their forces are strong. Maybe he's just biding his time and I'm just too used to stupid Big Bads. Actually, if this is true, he's the smartest bad guy in Rider history.
One question about the chapter though. I distinctly remember one of your Fun Fact sections stating that there were only Riders of the six base Elements, so how did Solunar pop up?
Yami no Paladin chapter 24 . 1/10/2013
Hi! This is my first review here, though I've been a faithful reader of yours since I discovered this. So here goes!
Originally, I felt the characters were simply stereotypical anime characters, but you managed to flesh them out nicely. Except the twins. Akane was good when she debuted, but she degenerated to a whiny clingy brat now. Akira's just…there. Maybe you'll do a few characterization chapters later? I dunno. Also, a tad too much focus on Storm (I know he's the main character but this is a TEAM of Riders)
Great job with everything, but you have quite some grammatical errors. Maybe get a beta to help out?
JGResidentEvil chapter 24 . 1/9/2013
Why doesn't this story have more reviews!? It awesome!
The Wild Fang chapter 21 . 7/4/2012
Hello there, fellow viewers. I would like to say Happy 4th of July to the citizens of USA from me in Malaysia. Have a good day.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Awesome how you set it up!
Shuriken16 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
This is one of those moments where i'm going: Why does this only have 1 review! I have no excuse personally, since i've started writing my own Duel Masters Series, taking a break from Kamen Rider fandom, but seriously though this was awesome. I am a huge fan of POV stories (James Patterson's Maximum Ride series is the first series of books i've ever "Almost" completed lol, still have 2 left) but still POV fics give you the opportunity to experience what the characters are feeling, and quite personally i find those more entertaining and fun to write. With that said, I can't wait to read up on this as i start planning Kaze's World for Neo Decade ;) Thanks again btw for letting me use it, I appreciate it a lot
overlord prinny chapter 8 . 2/11/2012
I like the different personality :D