Reviews for It is Your Destiny
DailySkywalker chapter 1 . 7/19
Oh my gosh! This reminds me a little bit of what happens in Back to the Future part 2 when Doc comes up to Marty and Jennifer talking about what's gonna happen with their kids! This looks so good!
IArdentlyKnow chapter 34 . 7/20
I love how this story is coming full circle! I love how even though they went back to change the timeline it is slowly reverting back. I also love how this story deals with the idea of discrimination and racial tension with the Jedi! Can't wait to see where it goes!
IArdentlyKnow chapter 7 . 7/19
This is such an interesting plot for the story! Very creative I really like it so far! It breaks my heart that Chewie and Han arent partners in this universe
Coruscanti chapter 90 . 5/20
Ugh, I also wanted to add that I really loved the paragraph in chapter 91 where Leia wonders about her past self's relationship with Han (if only she knew). And my heart broke a little at that part about her feeling so alone. After all, in the previous chapter, Han *does* feel like it was all meant to be. Anyway, wonderful work!
Coruscanti chapter 91 . 5/20
Alright, I just finished reading this and I already want to read it all over again - it's that good. There were so many beautiful bits of writing in this fic, and different plotlines that made it all so gripping. Thank you for this amazing story!
Coruscanti chapter 78 . 5/20
My god, you write beautifully. Thank you!
Coruscanti chapter 6 . 5/18
Excellent start, I'm hooked!
I'm getting into this knowing it's incomplete but I'm sure it'll be worth it anyway.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 5/11
Great chapter and plot
KnightedRogue chapter 90 . 5/5
Shit, sorry. I pressed "post" before finishing the review to chapter 91. Sorry sorry sorry!

anyway, it's a small critique. The lovely nature of the rest of the story easily overshadows the issue of female representation and it honestly might only be an issue NOW because TFA had more of it than we'd seen before. As much as I struggle with TFA, it brought a little more girl to the equation and that's a good thing!

I love this story. I think it was worth 91 chapters and, even knowing that it was unfinished, I would read it again. You are talented, and I hope I avoided the bitchfest. No one likes those. :) Thank you for your time and effort and bravo to a truly wonderful story!
KnightedRogue chapter 91 . 5/5
Alright, I'm done. 91 chapters, readingslowly but surely and fully aware that I would have to deal with this moment. I knew going in that this fic was unfinished. Didn't help to be prepared, but I have no one to blame but myself. ;)

Here's the deal: I'm not gonna berate you on unfinished fits, because I'm guilty of it, too. And it wasn't until a reviewer gave me some kind words that I truly considered coming back to that abandoned baby. I find that much more compelling a reason to return to a fic than bitching about it. I don't know about you, but I don't respond well to bitching. So.

This story is lovely. It's complex. It's got a lot going on with a large cast and some huge plotlines. the most striking feature of this is Leia. Your characterization of her - particularly after she joins the squadron - is so rich it's like looking at a totally different character than her OT/EU counterpart. She is a mix of Anakin Skywalker and Jacen in the best way possible - vague in her interpretation of the Force and open to new ways of using her power for good. she is malleable in direct contrast to Luke's steadfastness. Her relationship with Han is earned and her agency is never sacrificed for plot. My only criticism is that Leia is the only female in the cast,though you could explicate that easily by suggesting the blatant sexism of the OT was more rampant in the Old Republic than we usually interpret in fic. It's an interesting idea, that the Emoire didn't hold total responsibility for the lack of female representation
KnightedRogue chapter 67 . 5/4
No, I take it back. THIS is beautiful. So goddamn beautiful.
KnightedRogue chapter 62 . 5/4
Oh, God, this is beautiful.
KnightedRogue chapter 39 . 5/2
That last paragraph was quite beautiful. Very nicely conveyed.
KnightedRogue chapter 25 . 5/1
This chapter is a thing of beauty. Love it.
KnightedRogue chapter 12 . 4/26
There is a great deal about this chapter to like. Not in the least is this last part here, where Leia deals with the same thoughts we all have had. Very nice chapter!