Reviews for Coming Down
Deanadelyon chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
The ending was so ridiculously cute. I love these dark but kind-of fluffy stories about the two of them. They're my favorite duo of any book I have read or movie I have seen thus far.

Great story, really nicely written and all that.
Cheers,
*B)
AnotherStupidNickname chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
This is really good. You show a great amount of insight into the characters and why they act the way they do. The story was told intelligently and empathetically, without over-dramatizing things.

But please watch your punctuation; it distracts the reader from the plot.

For example, it's "Thank you [comma] Mrs Hudson."

When you end direct speech with a sentence that would otherwise end with a full stop, it's "blah blah[comma]" he/she/whatever...

It's "No [comma] thank you." because you combine two sentences.

I apologize if I'm telling you stuff you already know and these are mere typos. In that case I would suggest a beta-reader. I wouldn't bother pointing this out to just anybody, but I think your writing has real, genuine potential.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 2 . 2/6/2012
That was very nicely done.

I felt so sorry for Holmes, imagining John hadn't visited because he didn't really like him after all, and even though you'd expect a genius to realise the obvious it made perfect sense he would be out of his depth when it comes to the more emotional side of things.

Speaking of which I really liked how the deep bond between them came across throughout but it never became too mushy or felt out of character. In fact all the way through both their voices came over exactly as they are onscreen.

It was nice to see them come to some sort of resolution which allows their friendship to continue even if John understandably intends to step back from the more dangerous aspects (although I have my doubts about him sticking to that if Holmes is risking his own life somewhere down the line)

I had a lot of favourite parts but I chose this to quote because it made me smile and was so very them;

"Will you be the godfather of Watson or Watsonette?" he asked, relaxing somewhat.

"Of course I will Watson. In a world such as ours, every child needs someone to guide them in the ways of morality and virtue..."

Watson stared at him incredulously. "I regret it already..." he deadpanned.

"...to show them the light in our darkened times..."

"Oh God...Mary's gonna kill me..."

But he felt the small flicker of joy that was from more than the banter. It really will work, he thought, and smiled.

I really did enjoy this.
King-of-all-the-bunnies chapter 2 . 2/5/2012
You are amazing, this story is fantastic. I love all the dynamics, the relationships and the way you portray the characters and keep them so close to the real things; the perfect mix of funny and genius xx
HilsonMarvey27 chapter 2 . 1/16/2012
Gahh! I think I just died! :D Amazing story; loved every word of it!
Marie Nomad chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
I love this. I don't blame Watson for not wanting to see Holmes only to die again. And poor Holmes thinking that Watson just doesn't like him any more. I love that Mary was the one to get him to visit Holmes to see him in that state.

So, Sherlock Holmes discovered crack cocaine... yikes.

Anyway, the characterization was excellent as well. It got a little confusing because of the tendency to switch from John to Watson and Sherlock to Holmes. Just to let you know.

But, this is still a good fic. Nice job.
wolfbane17 chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
This was an amazing story, the best I've read so far so it's terribly surprising to me to see that you have yet to receive any reviews. You captured but characters excellently, right down to the wonderful dynamic that exists between them, especially in their dialogue. This was a most excellent piece and I hope that you will continue to write!