Reviews for the magic runs out at midnight
To die upon a kiss chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
This is really quite beautiful as an alternate interpretation.
WOAH chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
THIS WAS A-MAZING!

I love how you portrayed Mitzi resplendent underneath the lights, staggering drunkenly when not beneath them. I guess with Atlas she was forever illuminated by his scarlet-tinged spotlight.

Ah yes. And Zib. ZIB/MITZI FOREVER DUDES.
xcgirl08 chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I thought this was an accurate, intriguing portrayal of Mitzi's outlook, and I especially like the way it sketches out the arc of her progress from Dirt Farmer's Daughter to Jazz Diva to Bootlegging Empress to Poor Atlas May's Widow: it's been a long way down for Miss Mary-Ellen Montgomery.

(As a minor suggestion, would you consider putting in something about the fact that she changed her name, and THAT'S the name she wanted to see up in lights? The only way to really learn about a place is to leave it behind, and the only way to really learn anything about yourself is to try being somebody else. Or something.)

But my favorite bit of this piece is the description of her relationship with Zib. In the midst of the whole glittering, terrible, spiraling whirlwind, he's been a witness to pretty much the whole thing: and so far, he's stuck around. I'm pretty sure Zib stays with the Lackadaisy for her, actually, and paralleling this at the end with Mitzi's decision was a very good touch.

...In short, don't be so hard on yourself! I hope to read more Lackadaisy works from you, because this fandom and its characters could always use more love.